Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Keep it Simple, Stupid... S13 Coupe Drift Turd

Man, I though I was done with S13's when I sold my last coupe, but I just cannot escape these damn cars... This car has been passed around between a few of my buddies and finally made its way to me, I figured I'd do it a solid and give it a chance to be useful again. I've been really interested in trying out drifting, seems like a great time and I hope this car lets me experience it.

Car was picked up with a blown KA under the hood and obvious signs it had been drifted prior and returned to a stockish form. First order was to strip the thing and get rid of the interior that was rotting away, windows wouldn't roll up so it was a disaster.

KA was ripped out and thrown away, my buddy had his entire SR swap stolen by a local shop and decided to give up on the car which really sucked. I stored the car for about a year until another buddy of mine decided he was interested in putting the shell to good use. We found a Kouki SR20DE on eBay for cheap and decided to keep it simple. Engine was super clean inside, we resealed it and threw it in.

Car would not pass emissions once swapped, we had a ton of issues with getting the SR to run right and it sat for another year and a half in a sad state. I decided to buy it and finish the car up, I wanted to keep it simple, yet capable, didn't really go as plan...

I am what would be considered a hoarder of parts I had no use for, this car fell into my lap and made a whole heap of parts useful again. Front of the car got S14 LCA's, S14 Knuckles, S14 5 lug, GKTech RCC, GKTech outer tie rods, GKTech tension rods, ES LCA bushings, Moog ball joints, S14 Cusco coilovers, R32 calipers/rotors and a pair of 17x8 Work Equip Voggards. Almost completely refreshed the front suspension putting all of this onto the car and added a decent bit of angle. I need some smaller front tires, but overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Rear suspension was in complete disarray, pulled it all apart and found the car already had solid subframe bushings, but needed every other bushing replaced. Replaced all of the bushings with an ES kit I had laying around from my last S13, what a pain in the ass. Threw on GKTech arms, Z32 5 lug hubs, Z32 calipers, Z32 Ebrake, Z32 VLSD w/ S13 VLSD cover, S13 5 bolt axles, Moog ball joints, and a pair of 17x9 Work Equip Voggard's. I'll never had to worry about breaking an axle and with all new arms/bushings the rear alignment will be perfect. Wheels are super sunk due to them being high offset, but I have something in the works to make it look the part

As of today it finally runs properly and is driveable. Its taken way to long to get to this point, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Interior got a Tomei Steering wheel and a Shirtstuckedin shifter along with a new to me center console and OMORI oil pressure gauge. Will be getting an alignment this week and a good inside/outside cleaning. Super excited for the next drift event and to see what this turd will do! In the meantime here is how it sits as of this afternoon, I have some more things planned for the exterior that should shape up soon