Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #61
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Man, I'm really diggin' this build (and thread!)...

Thanks for sharing all those WTAC pictures
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #62
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Man, I'm really diggin' this build (and thread!)...

Thanks for sharing all those WTAC pictures
No worries man, will have some more up on facebook and some incar footage for this years event in just under 5 weeks. Getting pumped! =)

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #63
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

The whole front end was taken out in mostly one piece. Looked pretty cool just sitting there imo =)

Getting pretty bare here. Only some clips and brackets remained to come out.

Looking how the car looks now you'd never have imagined the battery tray could have been this screwed up!

As soon as it was stripped we were straight into cleaning the seams for some spot welding. We just simply didnt have time to goto the same extend as we did for my car but S15's are alot stiffer to begin with anyways.

The seam sealer melts and flicks off everywhere including in your face so you need the sheild not just some goggles.

James is modeling his shit hot poo brown need for speed tshirt in these shots.

More soon!

Old 07-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #64
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

The engine bay was spotted up as much as we had time for and then resealed. I didnt get many photos of this but there was alot of time put in by several of us to get it all done.

Towers already done and the rest of the areas we'd planned to do were marked out.

The three day slave fest 4000 was started the following weekend with James, Jimmy and to a lesser extent myself put in the hard yards. We had to get the car to the panel shop on a trailer, off the trailer with no front wheels or even subframe. (the worlds most epic wheel barrow). Bogged up, sanded back, highfilled, sanded back, painted, baked and back on a trailer in 2.5 days. This shot was taken at 3am on a Friday night. This shed looks so awesome I'd love to come back and shoot my car there once its completed.

More soon!

Old 07-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #65
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

So the rest of the weekend was had slaving away and taking the piss out of one another. We also visited the worlds most expensive chicken shop for lunch which left bugger all change from $50 to feed three people with shitty salad. lol

The car almost ready for highfill.

Was a mamoth effort to get it up into the booth with only three of us and a shitty rolling computer chair. Which managed to take the entire weight of the front end (with nothing in it) how the legs didnt snap off it I'll never know.

Was nice and warm in the booth so we took extra time to let the chassis warm up before Jimmy worked his magic.

Sunday morning the car was in highfill with the misted black spray over the top. So the high/low points are visible when wet sanding it back. This was probably the most pain staking part of the whole thing. Took three of us the majority of the day to get this properly done.

Note some of the holes in the firewall (aircon) are not there anymore, looks alot neater without them.

This side was done by Jimmy and was therefore better, just ask him.

The interior looked like balls, once it was finished it looked like something better. Asa Akira maybe?? :P

Here is the highfill all sanded back ready to go. Note the computer chair of death over to the right, this was the true work horse of the weekend surviving in once piece against all odds.

When I look at this I think about how much my wrists/fingers hurt at the end of the day I seriously dont know how painters do this full time. Respect, to the apprentices who get forced to do it. lol

First coat of RFW paint. Use your imagination you'll figure out what it stands for... =)

This was the 2nd coat after this I'd had enough and went home. =)

More soon!!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:33 AM   #66
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

The next few days were spent starting to piece things back together. The paint came out better than we ever could have hoped for with our time frame. Big thanks to Jimmy who came through once again with the goods.

Should hide the dirt well now lol.

Pedals back in.

The dash bar was also resprayed up in black enamel. Looked a lot better.

Random shot of the windscreen cause everyones always interested in that...

Note the number 1 at the top right hand corner of the windscreen, this has very little to do with anything.

James likes warm feet in winter so the heater box etc all got cleaned up thoroughly and re-installed.

New shifter boot and ring. Looks rather pimp. Should go well with the 300mm dildo..... shifter. (James doesn't know about this yet) The seam welds look nice with the new paint! =)

Westbus sponsored us this new steering wheel.

MOAR, very soon. =)

Old 07-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #67
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

So zeeee turbo arrived and looks very schmick. Its a twinscroll Precision 6262 with twin turbosmart 40mm gates on another 6boost manifold. These things are pretty beefy, surprisingly run without water cooling so we're wondering its longevity but they seem to make the figures so we're running with it!

More soon! =)

Old 07-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #68
Tle1993
Zilvia Member

Tle1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
ohhhhh my godddd! this build is amazing! great work very very nice!
Tle1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #69
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
once again im amazed at the time and effort put forth in this car..
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #70
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
great looking build so far, keep the updates coming!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #71
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

The most exciting part of the build up arrived! A Mazworx SR23VET.

Lots of long deliberation and hours and I mean hours ( Thanks to Eric for putting up with us) of discussion with Mazworx to get the specs just right and to see it arrive was a huge relief!
The engine is similar to R4Race which many of you will have seen but with some minor changes to make it tolerate more abuse. The engine is 90mm bore, 91mm stroke, VE head long block We're quite excited to hear what the engine sounds like on the big cams, that are 302 degrees on the exhaust side and 292 on the intake!!!

Here are the exhaust ports all ported out. You can see the bronze valve guides and oversize valves

Actually machined into the rocker cover with CNC machine.

Mazworx attention to detail and finish of the engine is awesome. Everything is spotlessly cleaned. ATI balancer as well.

Relocation plate for the VVL

Speed flow fittings ready to go.

Mazworx transport the engine with all the holes filled with these plastic caps. Nice touch I reckon

Small tab kits mazworx make to create a solid lifting point.

Intake ports, the bit we were most excited to see in all there ported glory!

From a slightly higher angle you can see almost the entire face of the oversize valve. Pretty cool imo =)

Another angle just cause. =)

More pics to come soon of accompanying bits Stay tuned.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #72
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tle1993 View Post
ohhhhh my godddd! this build is amazing! great work very very nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
once again im amazed at the time and effort put forth in this car..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
great looking build so far, keep the updates coming!
Thanks guys! =)

Old 07-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #73
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
A lot if the pictures don't match the words

But nice update either way
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #74
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
A lot if the pictures don't match the words

But nice update either way
Thanks man, dunno whats happening on your end they all match up here?

Old 07-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #75
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
props to another mazworx sr ve-t owner...great choice!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #76
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Maybe my phone loads them wrong, cause i read about a battery try and im looking at engine valves lol, picture book gone wrong
Old 07-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #77
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Maybe my phone loads them wrong, cause i read about a battery try and im looking at engine valves lol, picture book gone wrong
lol dunno whats going on there then haven't had that before! :P

Old 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #78
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
props to another mazworx sr ve-t owner...great choice!
Cheers, pretty excited to see what it can do on E85! =)
Very very pushed with time before WTAC on the 10th of August though!

Old 07-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #79
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Holy f$$$ck. Nice.
KendallH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #80
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Talk about a big update!?! Mazworx does such great work with engines...Well worth the money!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #81
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Some detailed shots of the Mazworx VE intake plenum inside and out. It'll will need a very thorough clean before it gets its final fit up. The quality of these is very impressive and when you consider the price of the whole conversion kit with these included they're second to none in value for money.

This is the right hand drive version so the end of the tank angles in to allow room for the brake booster/master.

The welding as close to perfect as you could hope for.

Injector ports ready for the ID2000's

Massive mofo will take of the majority of the engine bay on that side!

Still needs to be cleaned here but looks very nice inside and out.

Very neat touch the CNC cut logo.

Arty farty shot with a torch in one of the runners.

Nice and smooth ready to swallow stupid amounts of air. =)

The CNC O-ring grooves cut into the flange plate.

You can see how the runners taper down in this shot. I'm guessing to speed the air velocity just before it rushes into the ports.

More soon!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #82
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Wow, i'm speechless. These updates are amazing!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #83
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

The new clutch and flywheel was picked up from John @ Unique Autosports. Someone who we've always found very friendly and helpful on our various parts shopping sprees over the years. If he cant get it he'll know who can! The flywheel is an Xtreme the clutch is a Tilton racing 7.25" twin plate.

They make this with the smaller stud pattern to suit motorsport clutches.

It was acutally second hand out of Johns race car. We think the plate rattle will probably be on the loud side after playing with it out of the car but thats nothing much to worry about.

Looks pretty fkn awesome imho. =)

The clutch next to the old one we pulled out. Its probably close to half the weight using the highly technical lift them both up and guess technique.

You can see the mass that is there is much more centered so will zap less power to spin it up. We have our doubts about how nice this will be to drive on the street but time will tell!

Apon following the correct installation procedure the fingers were still not sitting right and it needed to be returned for closer inspection. John happily fixed the issue, turned out one of the pivot points inside the pressure plate and come out of place during transport and it was an easy fix. The type we like on a tight schedual!

New Cusco engine mounts. Lower the engine slightly and also move it forward ever so slightly. Both things we needed to happen to aid in the fitment. Note the bling engine brackets too, they're in case the driver needs to pull over and do his or her makeup on the fly. Quietly they look very clean and tidy but dont tell James we're having to much fun paying him out.

New Greddy water pump pulley with the ATI Balancer. It became clear the naprec cast alloy power steering pump bracket I'd ordered was no use to us as the ATI Balancer has no drive pulley in the standard location. So a custom p/steering bracket would need to be made. At the same time Andrew would make a new alternator bracket. Something we'll look at selling as a kit in the not to distant future.

All sitting on the new Greddy sump with 900cc extra oil capacity.

Hard to believe a motor so small can be capable of such power figures!

Maxworx use these fram oil filters I've heard mixed things about them though so this might get changed for the run in. Anyone else heard of good or bad things?

New P12 CAS we decided to leave a crank trigger setup for later we simply dont have time to muck around with anything like this now it just needs to go in and work. Nothing like the standard sensor for that outcome. The big question was did we have room for it with the standard firewall position!?

More soon!

Old 07-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #84
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

We hadn't got the clutch back yet so it was decided to fit the gearbox up and put the engine in regardless so we could see where everything was sitting and look for potential problems sooner rather than later.

Gates assembled onto the 6boost manifold with zip ties. These will be a challenge to plumb back in neatly!

Still plenty of clearance to the booster and tower.

Some of the new super special sparkle painted bits. I'm sure there will be some haters but meh I dont mind it. =) The booster was coated in this too in these shots but we decided it was a bit much so its being redone in something slightly tamer. :P

Got gate.

We were hoping for some more clearance than this but it just wasnt there. The firewall had to be modified in this spot when the motor came back out.

We were very happy with where the manifold positioned the turbo lots of room everywhere. Looks on the larger side even compared to the 3071.

Clearance of the compressor housing to the forward facing gate is non existent but this can be linaged down very slightly to clear.

A keen eye would have noticed a P12 rocker cover in the background of some shots. This will be swapped over soon as it has a nice coil pack cover for the street to keep the rain out and also lets us use the S15 coilpacks that James already had from the old setup.

A reasonably good idea of what it should look like once its together and in. Basically all went as we'd hoped with just afew small things needing attention thankfully no big surprises.

More soon!

Old 07-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #85
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

looks like its coming together really well!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #86
future
Post Whore!

It keeps getting better
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #87
Tle1993
Zilvia Member

Tle1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
more and more win! goodness this is gona to be so nice when its done! build done right everytime!
Tle1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #88
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

We had received word from John the clutch was an easy fix and we'd be able to pick it up later that that day so the engine came back out and we pulled the gearbox box off. Thanks again to Tim who came and lent a hand.

We're hoping the GKTECH RB25 billet bellhousings on their way will be able to bolt up to the Z32 box as well. (also interested to know this for my car) Anyone have experience with swapping them?

We had the old flywheel on still in case the clutch was away for awhile and we needed to start the engine further down the track.

Some extra weight but well worth it. Any of the stock SR20 boxes wont hold up for long once the new engine is in and working properly!

*insert Holinger here* If only! Maybe in the very distant future though.

The new alternator bracket test fit and water neck test fit.

The ATI balancer came with this add on pulley to drive the power steering pump too.

New alloy water neck made up as the VE one is in a FWD configuration and doesn't suit we didnt have a stock one on hand.

Should get the job done!

More soon!

Old 07-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #89
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Amazing build! Would love to get some video of the car

So is the Mazworx motor a complete sr20ve, sr20vet (from a nissan x-trail) or is it a sr20det block and sr20ve head?
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #90
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy204 View Post
Amazing build! Would love to get some video of the car

So is the Mazworx motor a complete sr20ve, sr20vet (from a nissan x-trail) or is it a sr20det block and sr20ve head?
Its a P11VE head married to an SR20DET S13 block with a full house supertech head,porting and sleeved/bored/forged/stroked bottom end. Final capacity ends up being 2.32L with a rev limit of 9.5k.

We'll see how it goes probably set of rev limit of 9k for extra reliability.
There are some videos of the car up here but that was with the old setup. Should have some more videos up soon of the new setup if we dont have any major issues.