Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
1JZ S13 in the PNW

Hey guys, Im posting my bestfriends ride as hes not much of a forum buff so heres what he said:

"Its started out in 2008 as a basic S13 hatch with rattle can paint, silk road coils, and Enkie wheels:

Took off the stars, and painted a rising sun on the hood back when all us (he has a RHD 510 KA wagon too, more on that later) 510 guys were doing it:

I then decided to paint it a gray and black two tone in the snow:

I decided more power was needed at this point, so I ripped the KA out in plans to buy a RB25DET later that week:

The RB was a Neo that was AWD pan, cut harness and no ECU. Since I was already at Foreign Engines I decided to browse other options. They had this (JZA70) Supra clip with a JZ sitting near and I decided to pull the trigger hardly knowing what a JZ was.

I got it home and yanked the motor out, got a front sump oil pan off Craigslist, and ordered a duffle bag full of replacement parts off of Driftmotion. I decided to go with an Ebay mount kit (No longer produced) knowing that if we had issues my buddy could fab some new ones up. They ended up working with OEM rubber, luckily. Took about a year working off of a Jiffy Lube budget to get it in.

After that I took the car to Drift Office to finish the wiring, and we ended up going with an EMS 6860 ECU with plug-n-play harness. Bob tuned it and made 290HP/ 289TQ. Added some new aero at this point.

I decided to actually do a decent paint job this time.

After some wet sanding, buffing, roof wing, Honda Integra wing, Grids, XD9s and rare Do-Luck valences it turned out like this

Now that I had power and bodywork it was time for a little suspension work

Then did some of dat skid racing

(First dry drift)

Added widebody and reverse Advan stripes

(There are stripes in this picture)

(Hide your cones)

Decided to try jumping the car mid-drift

Had Jeks180 tag my car

And heres where I am right now, sans the wing

Nategreat923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
How about some more "building" and a bit less "hey, look I'm drifting!"

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
Nategreat923
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Nategreat923 is making a name for him/her selfNategreat923 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Of course! There's a metric ton of pictures from the build, I just wanted a good basis to start with because I was unsure if there was cap on pictures per post. Now that it was accepted we will go through and add way more.
Nategreat923 is offline   Reply With Quote