Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-13-2005, 07:34 PM   #1
sil80forme
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
sil80forme can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sil80forme
anyone realize how bad 240's suk in the rain?

just curious as to if its just me or what? this is my 6th 240 all been s13's, everyone seems to have big problems with hydroplaning no matter how much water is on the ground, now i know it cant be the tires on this new one cause the tires are brand new. i went for a drive with this hurricane passin throught, to go see my rents and i had one hell of a time drivin without being pulled all over the road from puddles of water, whats the deal?
sil80forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #2
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hahah I love it i live in west palm beach fl, and it rains all the time here, grat 240 weather, u cant see through your windshield, but makes for fun to drift around turns with no skills once so ever hahah so its fun for me, but i donno i have stock alloys on mine with dunlop's that do nice in the rain
oh i also have abs so that might help too for the rain.
iwishiwas-all* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:38 PM   #3
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i think thats just your car that sucks in the rain. my car handles like a dream
sLiDewAys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
240Stilo
Junkie

240Stilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 240Stilo
Just because tires are new doesn't mean they are good tires.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Did anybody ever notice My dogs breath smells Dog Food?

Lightweight RWD car + rain = ?????
Old 09-13-2005, 07:46 PM   #6
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
240's are the RAIN MASTERS!!! I had my first S13 for about a year and everytime it would rain I would go out and cause a ruckus all to much SOOO MUCH FUN!!! I crashed that one and bought a miata to compliment my sr race car for daily driving. Drove that arround in the rain, and it was NO FUN AT ALL! I mean they handel like rails, but not a drift car at all. To twichy with the short wheel base. If I had to pick any car to go have fun in the rain with it would be an S13 hands down (and I've driven FC's and S14 a lot to, no comparison)
Old 09-13-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
S_14.5
Zilvia Member

S_14.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
try driving a Z32 in the rain...after spinning out a few times in my 240sx, i TRY to avoid taking the freeway when it rains...i feel like i'm skiing in my car
Old 09-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #8
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Tires are the difference when it comes to traction and skidding in a pole. Don't run you rubber bands in the rain, get something decent for rain weather and you shouldn't have problems. I certainly don't, but I'm running the stock size and something for all weather. Don't drive like an asshat and that will help. You gotta show respect to these cars and they'll respect you.
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:03 PM   #9
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
OMG LETS DRIFT IN THE RAIN SO WHEN A CAR COMES AT ME I DIE!

Stupid. It's like drag racing on the street. Don't do it.

What kind of tires do you have and what is your alignment? On all weather tires my 240 is good even in snow.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:06 PM   #10
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

m0rex is on a distinguished road
The only way i hydro plane is when i try to pull my long drifts on similar turns to on ramps. I tried to hold a really long drift going downhill while it was wet and damn did it suck. I got a good angle and speed but after 4 secs in i lost control which rarely happens to me but yeah i wont try doing any downhill with sucky tires.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:11 PM   #11
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I live in Florida and have no problem with it at all. Accelerating from stop lights sucks because I have shit ass tires and it lights em up when it hits like 4 pounds. But I have shit ass tires, and its fine on the highway in the rain. Maybe driving style is your problem because my car is set up terribly and is a total piece
Old 09-13-2005, 08:15 PM   #12
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
it does suck in rain, but my tires are ass and they were overinflated for street.

its not unmanageable though. just drive slower on the highway.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM   #13
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I can't wait! I have a welded diff!

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 PM   #14
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
my s14 has mad problems in the rain haha

245/40 on 18x10 = no fun
justinhustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:46 PM   #15
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN
I can't wait! I have a welded diff!
Here here !

Light RWD Car + Rain + Welded diff = Like driving on silkroads!

Welded diff always sideways anydays.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:51 PM   #16
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Buy new tires.
Some that doesn't say "All-season" on them.

Last edited by S14DB; 09-15-2005 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: made biger
S14DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:41 PM   #17
RSP13-Sideways
Zilvia Addict

RSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her selfRSP13-Sideways is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to RSP13-Sideways
Rainy season coming.....YAY!!

My AE86 use to be fun to pitch sideways in the rain and would handle like a champ but the 240SX has so much more weight than an AE86 the sheer weight carries slides so much longer and smoother hahaha...

Hrmmmmm I'm runnin 17x9's 245/45/17's in the rear....let's see how these badboys hold up this season.....

WTB: Nothing at the moment. LEWL
WTS: Everything sold, thanks folks!
RSP13-Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:42 PM   #18
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Welded difffs RULE in the rain!!!

Tip, don't accel thru corners and you'll b fine!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:53 PM   #19
TurDz
Nissanaholic!

TurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the roughTurDz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TurDz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sochbat
Welded difffs RULE in the rain!!!

Tip, don't accel thru corners and you'll b fine!
yup...lift off throttle instead!! hahah...
Old 09-14-2005, 12:14 AM   #20
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
hehehehehe I love driving my car in the rain. Especially with LSD.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:27 AM   #21
KwKouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
KwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfectionKwKouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KwKouki
I feel driving in the rain teaches me throttle control the best.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:03 AM   #22
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I'm looking forward to the rain.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:58 AM   #23
i8yourfwd
Zilvia FREAK!

i8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfectioni8yourfwd is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to i8yourfwd
Supposably the bay is supposed to get rain next week.. muahahahahahhaa

Quote:
S13SilviaGirl: Mel are you that big?
i8yourfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:05 AM   #24
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurDz
yup...lift off throttle instead!! hahah...
Hehe, i thought i would be the only one to use liftingoff.

WEEEE, its FUn!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 05:11 AM   #25
broken_s13
Zilvia Member

broken_s13 will become famous soon enoughbroken_s13 will become famous soon enoughbroken_s13 will become famous soon enoughbroken_s13 will become famous soon enoughbroken_s13 will become famous soon enough
I dont really feel safe in the rain. Slowest ive ever gone on the freeway was 30mph, but it was really pouring and parts of the freeway had big ass puddles like 1inch deep.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:54 AM   #26
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
225/45 on a 10". No problems. Just get a good tire with good water siphons. It'll slide, but that's natural. You just have to drive slower for your own pace.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:00 AM   #27
pignosecoupe
Leaky Injector

pignosecoupe has a little shameless behavior in the past
I havn't had any problems with any serious hydroplaining in my s13. Maybe your not driving fast enough. I only had a few times where I couldn't see out of the windshield. But I dont have to worry about rain too much. I havn't seen it in 4 months now. I hope it rains soon!

-
pignosecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:41 AM   #28
ranisron
Zilvia Addict

ranisron is making a name for him/her selfranisron is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ranisron
mine hydro-planed few times pretty bad when I had my old shitty stock tires... then, now I have newer-shitty tires and I haven't had problems yet.

So it's quite "fun" have welded diff in the rain ?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:06 AM   #29
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
yeah, 240s dont suck in the rain

you do

dont drive like an assbag when it's wet outside...i have a WRX...all wheel drive, w/ all season tires

i hydroplane in that car worse then the 240...why? i have no idea...but all wheel drive dosent do shit in the water when you're turning...i just slide MORE

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 02:42 PM   #30
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ur on your 6th 240 and your complaining about how they are in the rain? Id think by car number 3 or so, you would think that maybe you bought the wrong car?

Just drive a bit slower.. In those central/eastern states, Id worry more about the car rusting up. lol