Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #61
Tulok
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Tulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really niceTulok is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was planning on spectating today, but I worked on my s13 instead :P are you guys gonna be there tommorow as well?
Tulok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #62
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Yeah, we could see the helicopter from the balcony. Hopefully he can make a solid recovery. Anyone that flies off at turn 9 is guaranteed to be in a world of pain.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #63
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Pics of crash please! Did he flip or what?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #64
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
Pics of crash please! Did he flip or what?
I really don't know how to respond to this. We all wanna see pics of the car, but the fact that that is all that you care about does not speak well of you as a person. Maybe I am overreacting or misunderstanding you, but to me the well being of the person involved is much more important than pics of the carnage.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #65
gotta240
Post Whore!

gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
you are over reacting indeed. I'm not asking for picture of the guy, i'm asking for pictures of the accident

1. to see how bad it was and get an idea of what is being talked about
2. to see WHERE exactly he crashed. Myself and friends go there often and i would like to know where other people crash. (like the chicane at HTM...that way you know what NOT to do)

Call me an asshole or whatever you want, but asking for pictures of the crash will not make the poor guy in any better or worse of shape. There is nothing at all wrong with showing pictures of a crash at a RACE TRACK. If anything, it may help someone in the future from doing the same mistake.

For crying out loud, you act like i just offered to buy his car or something.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #66
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
I just got home from the event and it was a blast! The organization was pretty meh, but it was still a load of fun. I got some good pics of some of the zilvia members that attended and a couple pics from the drift event that was at the balcony. At the nasa event at the big track a guy driving a mini in one of the HPDE groups flipped in turn 9 and apparently is in pretty bad shape. They had to send the medevac helicopter for him and there are rumors of amputations giong around. We should all pray for him and his family. It is one thing for a real racer to get hurt, he KNOWS and fully accepts the risks of what he is doing, but a HPDE driver is just out there to have fun and is not necessarily 100% aware of what can happen. It really sucks! I will post the pics that I have tomorrow night. Good luck and have fun to all the guys going tomorrow!
wow, sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. wish I could have joined up just to shoot the shit, if nothing else. unfortunately, I had to pull out due to unexpected circumstances in my company. perhaps another time.

eh what do you mean about the organization being meh? how does it compare to other hpde grps?

sorry to hear about the horrific accident, and I my prayers go out to the injured driver. the infamous turn 9 is the reason why I refuse to run 'big willow'. When you're pushing over 100 on a sweeper, any unforeseen factors like dirt, coolant, etc that unsettles the car can be disastrous. button-willow is little scary too with all the blind corners.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #67
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
you are over reacting indeed. I'm not asking for picture of the guy, i'm asking for pictures of the accident

1. to see how bad it was and get an idea of what is being talked about
2. to see WHERE exactly he crashed. Myself and friends go there often and i would like to know where other people crash. (like the chicane at HTM...that way you know what NOT to do)

Call me an asshole or whatever you want, but asking for pictures of the crash will not make the poor guy in any better or worse of shape. There is nothing at all wrong with showing pictures of a crash at a RACE TRACK. If anything, it may help someone in the future from doing the same mistake.

For crying out loud, you act like i just offered to buy his car or something.
The guy was airlifted, that alone tells you how bad the crash was, and i said where it happened on my post on the previous page. Your post asks only for pics and expresses no concerns for the driver, that makes you come off as only interested in seeing the carnage. Maybe that's not how you meant it, but that's how it sounds. If you wanna know what not to do, it is simple. If you are going off track do it as straight as possible, try not to go sideways because the tires can catch and you end up on your roof. It can not always be avoided, but do your best. The OTHER moral is if you are going to go to the track have as much safety equipment as you can possibly afford.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #68
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Hello all I ran both SAT & SUN with STUSA,it was a good event we got 5 sessions on SAT and 6 on SUN. I also went up to the balcony for a lil while(Black Coupe). As far as the accident on the big track goes ,racer to racer its not cool to goo goo ga ga at anothers misfortune(thats just me)!!!??. I actully saw the end of the crash. It was a typical drop 2 wheels off in 9 shoot back across the track, dig in with the right side wheels & over you go. Fron what I was told by Mike Peters (HPDE 3 instructor) the seat collapsed(stock seat,stock belts). FYI the entire roof was colapsed( A-pilar & B-pilar), just nasty

Anyhow ,It was good to see some fellow 240 people actually at the track,doing GRIP. Maybe we can all come together again at another event. LMK PEACE!!!!!$$$$$????? for all of you that where out there you got POSI rep!!!!!!!

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:58 PM   #69
95nissan240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
95nissan240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
when I was on my way home i saw the mini cooper that crashed and took pictures if I knew how to post pics up I would post them maybe someone can help me
95nissan240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:21 AM   #70
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNITEDMASTER View Post
Hello all I ran both SAT & SUN with STUSA,it was a good event we got 5 sessions on SAT and 6 on SUN. I also went up to the balcony for a lil while(Black Coupe). As far as the accident on the big track goes ,racer to racer its not cool to goo goo ga ga at anothers misfortune(thats just me)!!!??. I actully saw the end of the crash. It was a typical drop 2 wheels off in 9 shoot back across the track, dig in with the right side wheels & over you go. Fron what I was told by Mike Peters (HPDE 3 instructor) the seat collapsed(stock seat,stock belts). FYI the entire roof was colapsed( A-pilar & B-pilar), just nasty

Anyhow ,It was good to see some fellow 240 people actually at the track,doing GRIP. Maybe we can all come together again at another event. LMK PEACE!!!!!$$$$$????? for all of you that where out there you got POSI rep!!!!!!!
Our little s2k sandwich in the last session on sat was yummy! LOL! I was all over that douche after you let us by adn he just couldn't accept that a lowly sil-80 was faster than him! Did you try to disconnect the rear sway like I said, or were you too busy driving?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:06 AM   #71
racepar1
Post Whore!

Well here's the pics, I'm gunna start with my car. Sorry unitedmaster, but I didn't get any of you.

This is my favorite pic of my car. If you look closely I am actually lifting the inside front wheel because the rear is soooooo planted! Ahh the wonders of no rear sway bar!

Bye bye civic!

Me and a spec miata battling it out, we did that in a couple different sessions! I was pretty damn even with the spec miatas that were out there all day long, which made me very happy!

Ok now we'll move on to the other 240's at the event. My apologies to those of you that I didn't get a chance to photograph!

This car belonged to one of the event organizers and was an absolute beast!

Some other cool cars that were out there.

Ferari getting OWNED!

And the dopest car on the whole track, it belonged to an INSTRUCTOR too! LOL!!!

Now on to the drift event at the balcony!

LS1 powered FC owning the fuck outta EVERYONE! God it sounded sooooooo sweet! The pic does no justice to the ginormous clouds of smoke this thing was leaving!

This 240 was doing pretty good!

Others

Now this thing is what made me pull out the camera! The dopest drift bucket evar right here! Unfortuanetly I didn't get any pics of it in action as the guy went off and pulled in to check the "car" and I just didn't have time to wait for him to come up again.

I just had to take a pic of the view from up at the balcony as well! It really doesn't do it justice though.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 AM   #72
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
Awesome pics! Thanks for posting them up!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #73
Paul2x
Zilvia Addict

Paul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond reputePaul2x has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Paul2x
NIce pic's looks like it was a good time, sorry i couldn't make it. I'm cursed with a crazy mis-fire issue.

But looks like it was a good turn out.

Nice pic's Racepar. car's looking much better

Vatche, Vanessa, i see ya out their , what what!

see u guys soon

Professional Driver/ Instructor for Hire
Paul2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #74
ScarredOne

ScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the pics, Racepar1! That instructor's Saturn had the most awesome harness system in it, with nearly everything else stock. Crazy. I was getting pretty drowsy in his car when he took me out for a session, though .
ScarredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #75
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul2x View Post
NIce pic's looks like it was a good time, sorry i couldn't make it. I'm cursed with a crazy mis-fire issue.

But looks like it was a good turn out.

Nice pic's Racepar. car's looking much better

Vatche, Vanessa, i see ya out their , what what!

see u guys soon

The car is feeling much better too. Unfortuanetly I was only able to squeeze a 1:32.67 out of the car though. The track seemed a couple seconds slower due to the rain and new pavement. I don't know what anyone else was running so it's kinda hard to judge weather or not it actually was slower or if I am just convincing myself of that because I expected to run a couple seconds faster. Whatever though, fuck the times it was really fun and that is what really matters.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #76
gotta240
Post Whore!

Looks like a great event! Last one I went to was flooded with evos...and damn they were fast! Were they not at this one?

Hopefully you guys are at the next event as it seems like i'm one of the only 240s gripping at the events i've been to.

After hearing the car that flipped had smashed a and b pillars....scary....hopefully he pulls through. I sometimes wonder how roll cages are an option at a real race track. The back turn of the streets is even pretty scary for an offtrack.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:07 PM   #77
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Looks like a great event! Last one I went to was flooded with evos...and damn they were fast! Were they not at this one?

Hopefully you guys are at the next event as it seems like i'm one of the only 240s gripping at the events i've been to.

After hearing the car that flipped had smashed a and b pillars....scary....hopefully he pulls through. I sometimes wonder how roll cages are an option at a real race track. The back turn of the streets is even pretty scary for an offtrack.
It's not the evos that usually give me a problem, it's the s2k's which are generally just a bit faster than the evo's. I find most evo drivers have so much money that they do not find it necessary to pull their heads out of their asses and actually learn how to drive, the s2k guys are generally better drivers as the s2k is a true driver's car. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the 240's out this time. Like you I am generally pretty much alone at grip events. Post up the next event you are going to! Us 240 guys should organize and start rolling to events together because it is kinda lame to be the only 240 with all the evo, sti, s2k, bmw, etc... drivers looking down their noses at you. Although it is pretty sweet when you put them all (well at least most) to shame on the track!
Old 05-26-2008, 04:45 PM   #78
95nissan240sx
Leaky Injector

95nissan240sx is on a distinguished road
damn you didn't get any photos of me? (green 240 with cage and bronze wheels)
95nissan240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #79
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
I'll be out there next time chasing down you 240s with my Z32, haha.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:35 PM   #80
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
I'll be out there next time chasing down you 240s with my Z32, haha.
You were at the speedventures event at big willow in febuary and the performance nissan meet autocross right?
Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #81
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Nope. Last time I hit the track was a year ago. Well, grip wise.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #82
racepar1
Post Whore!

I guess it was another z-32 guy then. I swear your s/n sounds farmiliar though, and not as in we have run into eachother on the forums, but like we have run into eachother outside of e-land. Oh well guess I'm trippin.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #83
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Maybe, lol. I dunno, I don't think I've run into you before though. And my car is pretty easy to tell apart from other Zs.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Here you go.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #84
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Next event planned for me and other 240s is July 6 (Sunday) at Streets again with STUSA. Dunno if you guys want to go to that track event so soon again, but it'd be sick if we ALL rolled together one more time! This time, I'm bringing in even more friends, so there should be a huge 240 turn out (at least EIGHT so far!!)
Old 05-27-2008, 12:03 AM   #85
racepar1
Post Whore!

I'm gunna try to get my buddies in on it.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:28 AM   #86
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
for those that need more cheap seat time asap, the scca is hosting the 'lone pine time trials' this upcoming weekend. Its a 2-day event for for $80 or so, about 2 hrs away from los angeles. essentially its a 2-mile autoX at higher speeds. hopefully its not full yet.

http://www.solo2.com/calendar.asp
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYzqu_SkuKw[/ame]
Old 05-27-2008, 01:39 AM   #87
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Wow, that looks awesome, but I think I'll get lost in it
Old 05-27-2008, 01:40 PM   #88
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

TRACK PICS! **Thanks to Emmo, 95nissan240sx**
BTW: Caliphotography pics are up too: http://caliphotography.exposuremanag..._24_speedtrial

Out of respect for the driver and his family, mini cooper pictures have been removed.

Last edited by autobahNESSA; 05-28-2008 at 02:01 PM..
autobahNESSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #89
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Great pics you have there of the track event. Your car looks cool on the track! Seems like you had an interesting and diverse group. hopefully I'll join up at the next event.

Haha, is that Nima in the green S14? Kinda looks like him.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #90
rob burgoon

rob burgoon is making a name for him/her selfrob burgoon is making a name for him/her self
Do you have a higher res picture of the mini interior shot?
rob burgoon is offline   Reply With Quote