Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-23-2021, 10:18 PM   #1
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I sell a ton of mono/2pc Work and cast Heritage wheels to my customers in that price point. I’m honestly not a fan of much else for s-chassis/related vehicles. I suppose Gram Lights are cool, and I sell them on occasion.

I don’t sell Kansei but I should. Chris is a cool guy.

I wish there were more offerings like the “good old days” but Rohana and Forgestar are the alternatives. I can get those too if you lack taste.

Also thanks mav1178 for your insight.
Old 04-19-2022, 11:42 AM   #2
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Just to bump this from the nether, Motegi picked up the Battle mold from MB and has reissued the Battle.

https://www.motegiracing.com/product.../mr154-battle/
Old 04-19-2022, 11:49 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
MB and has reissued the Battle.
Am I the only one that thinks wheel manufacturers need to pay more attention to center caps and make them good looking? Those center caps drive me nuts.

Also, that dude Cody on facebook has chromed a few sets of these, and to be expected, they look excellent.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:18 PM   #4
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Am I the only one that thinks wheel manufacturers need to pay more attention to center caps and make them good looking? Those center caps drive me nuts.

Also, that dude Cody on facebook has chromed a few sets of these, and to be expected, they look excellent.
Most definitely not. The center caps absolutely kill it for me.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 03:17 PM   #5
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Most definitely not. The center caps absolutely kill it for me.
Don't run center caps.

Problem solved.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:02 AM   #6
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
What do you guys think of the new-ish Work Emotion RS11?:

The 17" are 5x114.3 in custom offsets, but I've yet to see a pic in that size (15"/ 16" are only 4x100). I think the 17's in white would look pretty cool on a S13.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:32 AM   #7
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post

Center caps are terrible anymore. I like Advans minimalistic approach.

I mean nowadays you can 3D print center caps. Even if you don't want to do that, shitty ebay black center caps + vinyl stickers.

Can you link me to that Cody guy who does the wheel chroming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Sees price, does math... Realizes 57DRs are like $200 more a set.

Fuck all that.
Quote:
Don't run center caps.

Problem solved.
Where are you getting these 57DRs for that price?
I legit had the same thought process as you.
I saw this thread after I purchased my wheels but I'm down to pick up a set of dedicated track wheels.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:55 AM   #8
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Center caps are terrible anymore. I like Advans minimalistic approach.

Can you link me to that Cody guy who does the wheel chroming?
Agreed, thats why I had custom billet center caps made for my TE37. And it would be easier to get them chromed in the future.

His facebook Name is Cody Skree. His cover photo is a white JZX100
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 11:19 AM   #9
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Just to bump this from the nether, Motegi picked up the Battle mold from MB and has reissued the Battle.

Oh Fuck Yes!!!!
Old 04-21-2022, 12:52 PM   #10
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Oh Fuck Yes!!!!

Sees price, does math... Realizes 57DRs are like $200 more a set.

Fuck all that.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:19 AM   #11
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:

Even though this is true. CST are still available on YAJ and have their own mold since they stamped their logo on the wheel. Project Mayhem dude supposedly can get them but the last time I checked, he was asking $1200 for a pair or something.

My pair: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGisBunw14/ (I wish it was easier to just post the IMG link)
Old 04-23-2022, 01:04 PM   #12
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
Even though this is true. CST are still available on YAJ and have their own mold since they stamped their logo on the wheel. Project Mayhem dude supposedly can get them but the last time I checked, he was asking $1200 for a pair or something.

My pair: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGisBunw14/ (I wish it was easier to just post the IMG link)
For sure. My understanding was MB bought the rights to use the mold in the states from CST / I can?t remember their parent company.

MB then gave it up / sold it? to Motegi.

I have thought about making CST center caps for the battles, because the CST logo is cooler. I wonder if the center caps are interchangeable?

CST makes cool, affordable wheels. $1200 a pair is DUMB, but yeah use to you could import a set for not much more than battles haha.