Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

View Poll Results: Please list the price range you are comfortable with...
$300-350 for all 3 days with track time 44 23.40%
$250-300 32 17.02%
$200-250 55 29.26%
$150-200 (no track time with this option) 18 9.57%
I wont be attending the track event keep it to $100 for me 39 20.74%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #61
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
If I do make it down to this, there's no way I'll be tracking it. I don't want to break anything on the track then have to drive a billion miles back. I'll just watch and take pictures.

Anyone making an East Coast cruise to this?
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #62
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
any updates on this from the event organizers?
Is it confirmed or still in the air?
would be great to know either way incase some of us need to plan ahead.

thanks!
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #63
roplusbee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
roplusbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via MSN to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee
If I am able to make this trip, I will probably just spectate the track events. I voted to = or <$300.00. If I can't have my hatch ready, I will just drive the Z out there. Hopefully things will pan out or the best.

1989 240SX - 1JZGTE | Stance | Apexi GT | LMGT2
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:15 AM   #64
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
so is this going on or wahh?

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:23 AM   #65
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
It doesn't look like this has any official organizers. So I would say this convention has died, unless I am proven wrong and there actually has been progress. People need to plan for it so it should have been up what is going on and such.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #66
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
Yeah seriously ? What is the word on this I am dead set on going and I am ready to organize everything for the Chicago and local Midwest people ?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #67
rb-power

rb-power is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
If I do make it down to this, there's no way I'll be tracking it. I don't want to break anything on the track then have to drive a billion miles back. I'll just watch and take pictures.

Anyone making an East Coast cruise to this?
i know there is a few of us up in the toronto area of ontario that may be making this trip, is it actually happens. this convention is all up on are forums up here
rb-power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #68
superdooper
Leaky Injector

superdooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Speedzone is in City of Industry, CA close to Los Angeles.
17871 Castleton Street
City of Industry, CA 91748
Speed Zone

As far as Nissan HQ,
I was under the impression their main US hq moved from Gardena to some town TN in '05 or '06.
Maybe there is another facility operated by Nissan in socal somewhere.

Willow Springs track is in Rosamond. It's approx 2 hrs north-east of los angeles.
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560
::::Willow Springs Raceway::::
why not have it in tn!!! the new headquarters is not even an hour outta downtown nashville!
superdooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #69
ChicagoS14
Zilvia Addict

ChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her selfChicagoS14 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ChicagoS14
TN is better for me closer plus Ive been to TN a few times and the roads are awesome!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #70
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdooper View Post
why not have it in tn!!! the new headquarters is not even an hour outta downtown nashville!
As stated before, the organizers are in socal. The tracks are in socal. The manufacturer support is in....oh yeah socal.

There is no debate as to where it is going to be held. We are not going to keep nitpicking all day "oh it should be here" ... "no no it should be there" it will never end.

Plain and simple, all other attempts at national conventions OUTSIDE of Cali have failed miserably. One never even got off the ground. The other had poor attendance (nothing against the organizers, it just didn't pan out as expected).

When there is more to update on the convention (early feb.) then it will be posted

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #71
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post
It doesn't look like this has any official organizers. So I would say this convention has died, unless I am proven wrong and there actually has been progress. People need to plan for it so it should have been up what is going on and such.
There IS a team that is working on it, but much like everyone else, we all have personal lives, jobs, family and our cars as well.

I seriously wish people would STOP ASSUMING and making assumptions that are FALSE.

If you are not apart of the convention planning committee, then no, you guys won't know what is going on behind the scenes. Yes, we understand that everyone else needs to plan as well, but in this economy things are taking a bit longer than expected.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 01-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #72
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Oh man, It's going down.

I will be there for sure.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #73
memo92
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
memo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfectionmemo92 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bump.

It's a sunny day here in California at 65 degrees fahrenheit, as it always is throughout most of the year. There are many car shows today here, like the Grand National Roadster Show in Fairplex/Pomona.

What car events are happening today in Tennesse? Oh, and what's the wheather like there?

Wheather Channel says it's near freezing at 37 degrees fahrenheit.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #74
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Fonix36 Send a message via Yahoo to Fonix36
holy crap i missed that. must have been dope

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Fonix36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #75
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have four seasons, its nice. Ive seen snow too! And If everyone in SOCAL is ganna be a jackass, ill stay home. I though we are all on the same team?

Anyway, I think what ppl are saying is that if it not happening at all, we will organize a midwest meet. SO info on that is nice to have.

Since there is a "committee" maybe you guys should appoint a public relations individual. Because the communication is poor at best. I am very glad to see some progress.

But it seems a little secretive and this regional high horse shit needs to stop. Its happening in So-Cal because majority rules, not because its the best place on earth. To only see cars from so-cal would be kinda lame. Maybe you should be more respectful to everyone willing travel from across the country (and Canada!) to make this meet worth a shit. Without diversity this meet will be nothing special.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:19 PM   #76
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Really ?
Old 02-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #77
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
I have four seasons, its nice. Ive seen snow too! And If everyone in SOCAL is ganna be a jackass, ill stay home. I though we are all on the same team?

Anyway, I think what ppl are saying is that if it not happening at all, we will organize a midwest meet. SO info on that is nice to have.

Since there is a "committee" maybe you guys should appoint a public relations individual. Because the communication is poor at best. I am very glad to see some progress.

But it seems a little secretive and this regional high horse shit needs to stop. Its happening in So-Cal because majority rules, not because its the best place on earth. To only see cars from so-cal would be kinda lame. Maybe you should be more respectful to everyone willing travel from across the country (and Canada!) to make this meet worth a shit. Without diversity this meet will be nothing special.
Dont get so fired up man.
Most of us arent even from SoCal or living here wither.
We have all seen snow too, lmao!

The "Comitee" is being a bit secretive so that mis-information doesnt run rampant, like it will do.
It is happening this summer.
That has been stated.
It is also much bigger than just Zilvia.
This is all the Forums together.
Its gonna cost thousands, let alone the man hours.
Please dont bring negativity in here and discourage and disrespect the hard work and sacrifice that is going on for everyones benifits.

The best place for this is CA.
Where its sunny everyday.
where all the major car and entertainment for the country comes from.
Multiple tracks.
Highest density of members/attendees (who will be the majority of the people coming to this meet and paying to have it.)
Highest number of people with couches for out of towners to sleep on!!
Highest number of local "tour guides" available.
Highest number of non car related things to do.

From the proposed area, some things that are within an hour drive-
Disneyland,
venice beach
santa monica beach
malibu
hollywood
hollywood bars (viper room, keyclub, whiskey)
willow springs.
go karts
Long beach
los angeles
universal studios
knotts berry farm
beverly hills
adams track (thurs night drift for $20hr is you come a day early)
pasadena
burbank
every motion picture studio
every kind of car culture in abundance
little tokyo
china town
movie stars on the street.
Irwindale Speedway
Millions of Mini golf courses
Regular golf/driving ranges
Angeles Crest Highway
GMR
Topanga pass and dozens of other canyons.
Hiking up the ying yang (griffith park observatory/ hollywood sign)
orange county (yes, "The" O.C.)
huntington beach(HB)
Did I say it will garentee to be Sunny and Tshirt weather.
fashion district
FITM
All the major Film Schools
Hipster bars up the but!
Big bicycle community

yada
yada
yada

anyways...........

Alot of people are making this more than a 3 day event/meet.
They are making a great vacation out of it.
I would suggest others do the same
anything you want to do, can be found here.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #78
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thank you..

Trust me im not trying to be negative at all.Communicated via text can kinda be misleading. I understand not telling use everything as it happens, that would indeed be catistrophic. I think most ppl completly understand that socal is the meca of 240s and there is a lot of 240 guys saturated in the general area.

I think we all just want to be informed when possible and in a clear and organized manner.And without any hate! Im SO glad to see everyone wanting this to happen,from all the states and all the forums.
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #79
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13dan View Post
Thank you..

Trust me im not trying to be negative at all.Communicated via text can kinda be misleading. I understand not telling use everything as it happens, that would indeed be catistrophic. I think most ppl completly understand that socal is the meca of 240s and there is a lot of 240 guys saturated in the general area.

I think we all just want to be informed when possible and in a clear and organized manner.And without any hate! Im SO glad to see everyone wanting this to happen,from all the states and all the forums.
Cool.
yeah, things online can sometimes be mis interpreted or mis read or typed

I think within this month there may be some solids.
Cant say for sure, but from what i hear 2nd hand.

I think it was Lisa that made the statement a couple weeks ago that its gonna be in the summer in SoCal, so start saving everyone.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #80
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

As far as this goes, it is going to be held, end of summer. WE are still waiting on venues to get back to us. It isn't all just us sitting on our thumbs. The "committee" working on it has to keep things to themselves, as Eric said, false information will ensue. Trust me when I say there is still PLENTY of time to plan for this on your parts. Just because I am not updating you everyday does not mean that there is not stuff in the works. As far as "public relations" that is ME, I was the one appointed to put info out...AS Determined by the group as a whole.

Now if you think that all the Cali members are going to be jackasses...trust me when I say that any douchebaggery will not be tolerated...from any attendee from any state. If anyone does not act in a respectful manner, you can and will be escorted from the event.

Again, as stated, we will be putting out a good portion of info here shortly. Everyone is in a RUSH to get this going, but if you have NEVER put an event on of this size and proportion, then I do not expect you to understand the magnitude of what is going on behind the scenes and what the committee is doing...this is not just "some meet up" that is being half assed thrown together.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 02-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #81
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13SilviaGirl View Post
It isn't all just us sitting on our thumbs.
prove that you all are not. Pics please.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #82
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

Fonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really niceFonix36 is just really nice
i would assume not its difficult to hit the space bar if you had no thumbs

DRiFT 4 A Cure!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #83
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

True. ^^
Old 02-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #84
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix36 View Post
i would assume not its difficult to hit the space bar if you had no thumbs
YOu sir are a genius!!!!!

My Review Thread

Quote:
Old 02-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #85
Fonix36
Nissanaholic!

thanks i have my moments

DRiFT 4 A Cure!