Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
"Best Buy Corporate" trying to SCAM me. Literally. HELP! CC FRAUD

To make a long story short, best buy charged me for shit they shouldn't have. I called and they promised to refund the money to my Best Buy credit card but never did. Because of this charge, my credit has been fucked. (I NEVER use the card so I never checked on the balance, as it was always zero. Then one day I get a message from my credit monitoring company saying my credit went down....Come to find out, I was late on the payment for this erroneous charge)

After dealing with idiots on the phone at best buy to get them to refund the money, I had to call corporate best buy. they were just as retarded and the lady got rude with me, and I with her. Well, this bitch must have been SO upset that she gave my information to a friend who is now trying to call me from "Corporate Best Buy to resolve the matter. I just need your home address, and social security number, or the credit card name, number, 3 digits on back, and date of expiration. I'll be sure to call the credit card company and let them know this charge was an error"

It felt wierd so I told her I didn't have my social or CC on me, but to call me back in 6 hours and I'll get it. So I did some research on the number she called me from and nothing comes back for best buy. Then I called the number from a blocked phone and it goes to a generic voice message for a CELL PHONE!!!!! She then called me back to get the info and I told her I wasn't home yet, but to call back in two hours. Being retarded, she says "I'm supposed to get off right now, but I'll stay here at work for two hours just so I can resolve this for you" (and this was at 10pm my time, 7pm florida time where she called from). So then I KNEW it was a scam. Corporate Best Buy working Saturday night? Staying around "just for me". BULLSHIT. So basically, this ghetto bitch at corporate gave my info to a friend so she could scam me. She was the ONLY person who knew I called Best Buy Corporate so it HAD to be her who gave my info out. The retarded bitch who is trying to scam me is so retarded she doesn't know I'm on to her. She called me NINE TIMES this morning and left two messages (yes, actually left voice recordings on my voicemil) saying "his this is xxxxxx, just calling to get the information so we can get this resolved and taken care of"...

What do I do? Who do I call? HELP! I want to get this retard caught up. I was halfway tempted to just giver her the CC number so there was a trace back to her, but Best BUy and the Best BUy Credit Card company is so fucked up, they'd probably just let her scam me and not take care of it. I'm close to the point of hiring a lawyer because my credit was fucked due to the first charge not being refunded. But now this shit. Is there a law enforcement agency to contavt? I'd love to give this bitch a CC number and have her get caught... Ideas?

Edit- I'm in California, she's calling from Florida(shocking)
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
did you get a name? hopefully you got a name. Call the real corperate and Ask for a manager. Give them the phone number that bitch called you from and tell them the whole situation. They should have recording of the phone conversation hopefully. Tell them that someone is calling people as an employee demanding personal information. If they are cool, they will go after this person.

Put the phone number in http://www.spokeo.com/ and see what comes up. But they could always use one of those pre-paid phones huh
Old 03-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I cancelled my card with them right before they could charge me the yearly fee lol. Glad I did I would hate to fall in your situation. Dealing with CC companies is the worst experience ever aside from getting aids.(not that I would know about aids, come on guys)
Old 03-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
tabasco122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
first you have to understand that best buy credit cards dont go through best buy, they go through HSBC or chase. HSBC has horrible customer service, and i wish my company didnt go through them, but thats how it is. Call 1-888-237-8289 (1-888-bestbuy) and they may be able to reverse the charge. What was the charge? If it was an antivirus software subscription or a magazine subscription, it was probably something you agreed to at checkout and the person checking you out failed to tell you that it was an automatically recurring subscription. If there is anything i can do to help you out, let me know.
tabasco122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
tabasco122
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
tabasco122 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Also, if you were late on a payment because of this, the credit card company can correct the information with the credit bureaus, but it could take up to 90 days to reflect the change.
tabasco122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
mrchomponthis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
(I didn't read all this,) I use to work for best buy customer service the credit card company is HSBC bank contact them.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #7
kandyflip445
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
kandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfectionkandyflip445 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kandyflip445
What exactly did they charge your for? Like others said, call the bank that backs the card. Either HSBC or Chase depending on the card. It should say on the back. Dispute the charges with the bank. Do not deal with that person on the phone. Best Buy Corporate is in Minnesota. Not Florida.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #8
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rofl.. don't have credit cards to begin with then you won't have reason to write 3 long paragraphs on zilvia.. Imagine if you had all this time you were dicking with this charge back..
Old 03-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #9
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
rofl.. don't have credit cards to begin with then you won't have reason to write 3 long paragraphs on zilvia.. Imagine if you had all this time you were dicking with this charge back..
Credit cards when used properly are a good credit builder as it shows a continuous revolving history, the problem with cc's is usually because of the user. If you don't have credit how do you expect to purchase a house or a new car? They are a helpful tool in emergency situations as well. Its just most people abuse it and buy everything with it. I certainly wouldn't go for some generic best buy card though, those are usually the biggest ripoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #10
JohnnyDrfiter22
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
JohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyDrfiter22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Call some Government organization for fraud. Maybe FBI, idk? but thats fucked up, you need to ask her employee number and name.
JohnnyDrfiter22 is offline   Reply With Quote