Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-03-2002, 08:47 PM   #1
s13cruzer
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
s13cruzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this is a thought i had but does anyone know about the lingenfelter guy or whatever his name is , and what he did to a corvette , he redid the gear ratios in a corvette in order to make it crazy fast , does anyone know how he did that and if it's posible to do for a  ka24e???
s13cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2002, 09:11 PM   #2
Archangel
Zilvia Junkie

Archangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Archangel
don't have a clue who he is, but it is possible to adjust the gearing of any transmission. (to an extent)
You just need to find a really good shop who knows what they're doing.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:13 PM   #3
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
I've never seen it done, but if the R270 diff fits the same way the R200 does (as both are used in z32's) you could get a higher top speed and longer gears in a 240 with a lower final drive ratio.  
AceInHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:37 PM   #4
Sway500
Zilvia Member

Sway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to all
that linginfelter "dude" didnt just re do the gearing he added a twin turbo system to the covettes that he tunes. They can top out over 200mph and they are pushing over 550hp
Sway500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:42 PM   #5
Archangel
Zilvia Junkie

Archangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Archangel
I thought I remember reading somewhere that Greddy makes transmissions for s15's (6 speed).  So there may be aftermarket trans out for other models as well.  Dunno :confused:
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:57 PM   #6
AceInHole
Autox Technician

AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
you can get an aftermarket tranny... or even a racing tranny..... it'll cost a pretty penny though....
Old 01-03-2002, 10:43 PM   #7
Nismos14
Zilvia FREAK!

Nismos14 is an unknown quantity at this point
cant they make gears that would make the gears shorter with a bigger final drive ratio, or something? i just want a car that shoots to 60 in no time and can hit the top speed quick, i thought someone did make gears for our cars... *shrugs i dunno
Nismos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 10:51 PM   #8
s13cruzer
Zilvia Junkie

s13cruzer is an unknown quantity at this point
Aceinhole---->   I've never seen it done, but if the R270 diff fits the same way the R200 does (as both are used in z32's) you could get a higher top speed and longer gears in a 240 with a lower final drive ratio.  

thats exactly what i'm talking about , but is there anyone who can do it or knows how , you think anyone at heavythrottle , or any other swap shops would know?
s13cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 11:06 PM   #9
AceInHole
Autox Technician

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Nismos14 on 10:43 pm on Jan. 3, 2002
cant they make gears that would make the gears shorter with a bigger final drive ratio, or something? i just want a car that shoots to 60 in no time and can hit the top speed quick, i thought someone did make gears for our cars... *shrugs i dunno
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
nismo offers a smaller ring gear for the R200 diff.... it's probably some big $$ though.... &nbsp;(and I don't think it's related to the R160 diff, although it would be interesting).

s13cruzer: &nbsp;i have no idea if the diffs are at all the same... what you could try is to go to a junk yard and see if they have any z32 TT carriers on a shelf and compare it to a J30, 240sx, or z32 NA carrier..... &nbsp;it will definitely need new output flanges to be compatible with the 240sx... but whether 240sx VLSD flanges will fit in it (if both z32 carriers have the same output shaft part numbers for instance) is even another story. &nbsp;
The swap has been speculated, some say it simply won't work... but I've never seen proof either for or against it other than they both go on the same car....
Old 01-04-2002, 12:33 AM   #10
onebadm5
BANNED

onebadm5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to onebadm5
that &quot;lingenfelter guy&quot; is John Lingenfelter, he used to race, now he does is make toys for rich guys. his vettes are not only some of the fastest &quot;super&quot; cars, but also the most reliable, and have a very low profile (i.e. sleeper)

here's some pics of the 650 horse cars he's built:

yeah, the look DEAD stock. thats the beauty. No BOV's, nothing to give the game away, that is until u open up some boost. in fact, if u open the hood on one of those cars, u cant even see the turbos or any associated plumbing. u need some jackstands and a creeper to find them. all the piping is routed very stealthyily, THRU the suspension in some cases. its sweet

&quot;Look Pa, no turbos!&quot;
onebadm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 02:16 AM   #11
Grant
Premium Member

Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Grant Send a message via MSN to Grant
pics are a lil big there man, but the cars are badass, no turbos?? i think not. heh
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 10:15 AM   #12
Sway500
Zilvia Member

Sway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to allSway500 is a name known to all
If you want different gear ratios you can go to Quilfe or Kaaz and you can buy a sequential tranny from HKS or Trust
Sway500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 06:44 PM   #13
FastNissan
Zilvia Member

FastNissan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to FastNissan
<a href="http://www.zilvia.net/forums/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=1577

This" target="_blank">http://www.zilvia.net/forums....

This</a> is a Lingenfelter vid I posted a while back.
FastNissan is offline   Reply With Quote