Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #31
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
you guys are being suprisingly nice and helpful, i for one am slightly amused and very surprised.

I think instead of worrying about what mods you should put on your car.

learn how to drive it, and get an alarm.

You can install tv's and carbon fiber rice parts at a later date.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #32
Signum Temporis
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Signum Temporis is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Signum Temporis
first, dissable the switch on the back of the clutch (buy cutting the in and out cables then jumping them together) so that you dont have to push it down to start the car... then buy coilovers, tension rods, tie rods, sway bars, RUCAS, and of coarse... SHOES! but first of all study the FSM and go through the car to see how it works, thats a good way to learn... screw body kits, nissans dont need body kits!
Signum Temporis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #33
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Birthdate January 28, 1992.
I strongly suggest a long, thorough and exhaustive search, EVERYTHING you want to do has been and will be covered.
Second power and efficiency are not generally items that come together at the same time, especially not cheaply. It's been said
Quote:
Fast, cheap, reliable, you may choose two.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #34
jackjack
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
jackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfectionjackjack is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
if you can afford to go turbo, go for it. if not i'd say start with suspension, and some bolt on parts (for the engine).
jackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #35
advin builtsr20

advin builtsr20 is making a name for him/her selfadvin builtsr20 is making a name for him/her self
ALARM first will be great and won't disappoint! I remember when I got my first 240sx I did sr20det, and everything else along with it as well as wheels coilovers just everything within the first month n half. One thing I did not get was an ALARM!! DAMN DO I REGRET THAT! shit got broken into n madd stuff got stolen, they couldn't take the car cause of my nifty clutch lock! but still! ALARM!!!
advin builtsr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:27 PM   #36
johnksoy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
johnksoy has made poor choicesjohnksoy has made poor choicesjohnksoy has made poor choicesjohnksoy has made poor choicesjohnksoy has made poor choicesjohnksoy has made poor choicesjohnksoy has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this thread sucks
johnksoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #37
Signum Temporis
Leaky Injector

Signum Temporis is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to Signum Temporis
alarm... and rig a fuel pump cutoff switch mounted in a secret spot, well worth not getting ur car stolen, plus it would be under $25
Signum Temporis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #38
whosaidthenword
BANNED

whosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to whosaidthenword
thanks guy for all the help. i just dont know shit about 240sx and i just got mine. mine already has a good alarm. so i don't have to worry about that. im not sure if i already have lsb cause mine is the SE model. but i guess i really should upgrade the suspension first then. where are good places i can buy from? thanks
whosaidthenword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #39
whosaidthenword
BANNED

whosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the roughwhosaidthenword is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to whosaidthenword
and should i get a whole short intake kit? or should i just get a k&n cone filter and connect it to the existing intake with a maf filter? i don't know if this is good i just read it from somewhere. thanks
whosaidthenword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #40
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If I had to go back in time. I would've just thrown on a cone filter and MAF adaptor over my Injen Short Ram.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #41
pbcstylez
Nissanaholic!

pbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfectionpbcstylez is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to pbcstylez
sell the craptastic vlsd that came wit ur car n buy a real lsd, i think u'll get more out of that

parking lot pimpin...

Seller Feedback here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...ight=pbcstylez
pbcstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #42
Steveohoes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Steveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymoreSteveohoes is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
WELD YOUR DIFF! it only costs around $70 and it basically makes your car alot easier to drift with

dont buy any suspension stuff yet, only buy it when your at the point you need them, just weld your diff and get a stiff suspension(coilovers), and from there on you could get subframe spacers, tie rod spacers, RUCA's... no need to go turbo, if u need power just get intake and exhuast
Steveohoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #43
CSil80
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (2)
CSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfectionCSil80 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well if he has a VLSD with only 60K on it, I'd keep it.
Go track the car with the V-diff, it'll be more then enough for starters.
CSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote