Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
"ETD" $140 catback on ebay?

wtf? how big of a piece of shit is this thing? does anybody have it?

***NOT AN AD JUST AN INQUIRY, DO NOT DELETE***
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-94...spagenameZWDVW

Old 06-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Unlike the others which only use one straight pipe for the first part of the system, this one has resonator to keep sound quite while engine is idle, improve performance and produce deep strong sounds when engine is running.

my catback has no resonator :'(

looks like every other ebay catback.

probably fine, but every once in a while there's a bad one so iunno it's up to you.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
how have you not bought it just to see
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
it's so ridiculously cheap... i might buy this and then the biggest magnaflow i can fit where that tiny resonator is
Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
why are they showing pictures of the down pipe if it's a catback?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 AM   #6
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
it's so ridiculously cheap... i might buy this and then the biggest magnaflow i can fit where that tiny resonator is
It's probably not even that loud if you have the stock header.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
piranhamatt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
piranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Probably a good idea with that replacement resonator. I had one that looked just like this and was a lot louder than my apexi on a sohc with no mods.

Side note: does anyone else feel afraid for that car's front end in the pic of the full car?

piranhamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
The only issue you might have is the hangers might not be in the right position. I bought one of the chinese dual N1 catbacks a couple years ago, it fit "ok", worked great, sounded good, but the hangers didn't line up... It's so cheap, you probably can't even buy all those stainless mandrel bends for that price. I say get it, if it sucks, just chop and reweld..
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #9
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
gerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
DUDE i was just looking at that man i wanna buy it so bad let me know how it is please??
gerson408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i bought one long time ago..
it fitted good.

i ended up junking the back half.
kept the front half.. ill use it for something, lol.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #11
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

gerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymore
so its worth? it cool will this fit on a hatch because on that pic they have it on a coupe
Old 06-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #12
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerson408 View Post
so its worth? it cool will this fit on a hatch because on that pic they have it on a coupe
it's all the same underneath, fella
Old 06-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #13
xdumbxguyx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
xdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to beholdxdumbxguyx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
coupes and fastbacks use the same exhaust.
xdumbxguyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #14
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

im new to 240sx man thats why lol maybe thought it would be different but ok cool IM buying that this friday with a obx header
Old 06-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #15
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
im going 3 years and on with my ebay exhaust paid 200 shipped. My car is also pretty low and it takes a beating. Has no rust and the hangers are still in good shape.it also seen 2 winters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-94...m380039320281&
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #16
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Hit or miss. I've installed a dozen knockoff exhausts that fit perfect, a handful that lined up but the hangers were too,long or not lined up right. For $140 you can bend or cut/weld if they're not right.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #17
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
honestly, that looks pretty nice.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #18
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
yeah same as everyone else. mine doesn't line up and rubs on my chassis a little, but eh, i paid next to nothing for it compared to prices of "real" exhausts.

just get it. pipes are pipes....
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #19
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

fix

im ordering it this friday for sure

and also will this bolt up toa stock header???
Old 06-25-2008, 03:06 PM   #20
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
^ it has a 3" inlet, so you should have a 3" cat or test pipe. The stock header and cat and most KA aftermarket headers have a 2.5" outlet. The flanges between the 2.5"and 3" pipe will mate up, but sometimes it difficult to get a good seal.
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #21
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

so then just change a gasket and it should be a direct fit as for the test pipe im probaly gonna make one
Old 06-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #22
murda-c
Post Whore!

My seal was fine using the 2.5" outlet into the 3" catback.

I used the 3" gasket.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:52 PM   #23
MrFuel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFuel
I bought myself a ebay full exhaust recently. And it did not fit for crap! I returned it and bought myself a Megan racing exhaust, and it fit like a glove and sounds great.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #24
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

so does any one actually have any experience with this exhuast
Old 06-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #25
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Usually when you buy an ebay exhaust...Chances are you will %75 have trouble with either:

A. Length
B. Fitment
C. Random ass hangers in the wrong direction
D. Exhaust hanging too Low.

But all of the above is nothing that can't be fixed if you know how to weld, and fix the small defects.

I've bought 3 exhausts of ebay (knockoffs) and they all had problems.

You get what you pay for. If you buy name brand. Expect a perfect fitment also a gaurentee'd warranty.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #26
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFuel View Post
I bought myself a ebay full exhaust recently. And it did not fit for crap! I returned it and bought myself a Megan racing exhaust, and it fit like a glove and sounds great.
megan racing fitment is mediocre at best. it sags low even with fresh new prothane mounts.
-los
Old 06-25-2008, 04:25 PM   #27
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by piranhamatt View Post
Probably a good idea with that replacement resonator. I had one that looked just like this and was a lot louder than my apexi on a sohc with no mods.

Side note: does anyone else feel afraid for that car's front end in the pic of the full car?

The only thing that confuses me is that the company I bought my eBay catback from, Just Intercoolers, sold the exact same exhaust, which I have. I must say, it's of pretty good quality for an eBay exhaust. The sound quality on my stock SOHC sounds pretty damn good. It actually produces somewhat good back pressure, too. I love it, I got mine $120 shipped.

Heres a low RPM video of mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6wTMBfPiFQ
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #28
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
You get what you pay for. If you buy name brand. Expect a perfect fitment also a gaurentee'd warranty.
good fitment would be nice. but i don't need a warranty on tubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
The only thing that confuses me is that the company I bought my eBay catback from, Just Intercoolers, sold the exact same exhaust, which I have. I must say, it's of pretty good quality for an eBay exhaust. The sound quality on my stock SOHC sounds pretty damn good. It actually produces somewhat good back pressure, too. I love it, I got mine $120 shipped.

Heres a low RPM video of mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6wTMBfPiFQ
alright, somebody with experience! so it fits alright? and that video is with the silencer out on a sohc, right? do you have video, or would you mind shooting video, of it with the silencer in?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #29
HIM
BANNED

HIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfectionHIM is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to HIM
just make your own, look for parts on summitracing
then go to a muffler shop tell them what you want.

should cost around 100, and you can go full 3 inch piping and adjust the tips etc. only bad thing its not bolted, so if you wanna swap out exhausts youll have to cut it out.
HIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #30
BoostedCoupe
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
BoostedCoupe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have that same catback. It hangs decent. the canister its self needs to stick out more its sunk in bad on a factory bumper. For some reasson it is sunk in worst on a coupe than on a fastback It sounds ok. Like 3 or 4 compaines sell that same exhaust. I payed like 120$ shipped. Here is a vid, even tho some one else posted one. This is a dohc. Ebay intake and no silencer.
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=g7K3waygf0k[/ame]
Here are some pics of it.