Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-25-2008, 04:55 PM   #31
Anto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Anto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfectionAnto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I BOUGHT that exhaust not long ago

fits alright, I forget if you need to cut off some of the seat mounting bolts underneath the car or not.

Another thing, look at the exhaust hangers. They are welded bolts onto a bracket. You need to get an aluminum spacer and nut the correct size to wrap over & secure on. You also need hose clamps to tighten the hangers.

Another thing, this exhaust TOUCHES THE DIFF.
it touches it. meaning if you don't want rattle you can either clamp the crap out of the hangers, wrap the part touching with exhaust wrap so it doesn't rattle,
or

buy a different one.

ALSO

i might add
it hangs sideways moreso than a regular exhaust

it looks weird if you know what i'm talking about.

I'm running this thing with a 3" resonated test pipe, sounds mean
Anto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #32
SoloSilvia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (36)
SoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud ofSoloSilvia has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Ive installed quite a few of Ebay exhausts on customers cars and I havent had too many problems with them. Like others said, its hit or miss with them!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:21 PM   #33
MrFuel
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to allMrFuel is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFuel
With the one i bought. All the hangers were off by inches and the muffler ended way before the rear bumper. Also it hit the diff, as well.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #34
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
i own one.Ebaystores exhaist - $170 shipped.

Looks great and Is All I needed.Fit Damn good and Very quite for what it is.Mine does have a resonator,Sounds low and Not raspy like the Motoria one my friend has.Tucks in the bumper PERFETCLY.Not too low and dosen't melt shit either.

Piping is piping to me...Granted its my Daily and my Supra has 4" HKS Ti.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #35
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
gerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
im buying it thats it
gerson408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #36
k-os
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
k-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura aboutk-os has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i had an ebay catback on my sohc silvia
it was nice worked fine and no problems
but it was LOUD but any exhaust on a sohc is loud.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #37
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
ya i had an imotoria .. 200 shipped at the time, front straight pipe and shitty muff.

sounds like ASS .. wasn't so bad on my sr though.

Interior vid

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qqvWdEVRpxU[/ame]

Outside (this is the shitty sound)

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=POtIV5nev7g[/ame]
Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 PM   #38
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
^ I have the Motoria exhaust for the s14, with a KA. I thought it sounded quite good..

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #39
Ineedparts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Ineedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I have this cheapo ebay exhaust and I have had no problems with it. Fits nice sounds good and you cant beat that price, looks retarted with the silencer in tho.
Ineedparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:04 PM   #40
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
good fitment would be nice. but i don't need a warranty on tubes

alright, somebody with experience! so it fits alright? and that video is with the silencer out on a sohc, right? do you have video, or would you mind shooting video, of it with the silencer in?
It fits beautifully. I would take a video for you with the silencer... If I still had it. I traded my buddy the silencer for his hella fogs, it then fell out while he was driving. The silencer didn't make too much of a difference but there was a little bit.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #41
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i have this catback it fits really well sounds great. does hang low though. not too loud when on the throttle either. dont be hating on ebay ricer goods.
roboticnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #42
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
Cheapo ebay exhaust + ASPEC blast Pipes = SEX!!!!

Dont Jock BITCHES!

Vision Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #43
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

gerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymoregerson408 is not welcome here anymore
i hope they dont sell out by friday because thats when im buying it
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #44
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
these are the exact same ebay exhausts that have been circulating for years. Theyve just had like 5 different names and the price goes lower every year
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #45
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

AWSOME!!!! so they are never gonna run out of these
Old 06-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #46
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
That's what I have on my car right now. The 4" tip does look puny compared to the 4.75" tip HKS muffler I used to have, but for the price I have no complaints.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #47
krisdeezy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
krisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant futurekrisdeezy has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krisdeezy
yeah dont get that one...cause my friend has it its great but, you have to do some mods to make it fit...and the piping hangs to low and hes on stock suspension...so you would have to get it re-done if your gona lower your car...get the one from JAPANSPORT888 or someshit..
krisdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #48
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
that much stainless is practically worth more than the whole damn exhaust. if it doesnt fit, get it chopped / rewelded, if it sounds like ass, change the resonator / muffler. you pretty much cant go wrong for the price.
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #49
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post

Outside (this is the shitty sound)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=POtIV5nev7g
"yeah, it's a skyline"...?

sounds like any other cheap exhaust to me...
Old 06-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #50
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

ill take mine to a shope and have them re do the hangars so it doesnt sit to low
Old 06-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #51
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350054607763

^Buy that one from them.
came Wrapped/boxed NICELY and fit GREAT.

You will have to Lose the Driverside Tow hook (I cut mine) and maybe Bash the back seat pan on the bottom a tad...but it dosen't Rub the Driveshaft @ ALL,...and Does not hang low @ all in comparison to teh Motoria.Hangers are Perfect!

Friend has a GT Spec and it tucks nicely..I'd say the same as Mine does.
CHeap too!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #52
gerson408
Zilvia Addict

well does the one

does the on im buying rub the drive shaft??
Old 06-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #53
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=350054607763

^Buy that one from them.
came Wrapped/boxed NICELY and fit GREAT.

You will have to Lose the Driverside Tow hook (I cut mine) and maybe Bash the back seat pan on the bottom a tad...but it dosen't Rub the Driveshaft @ ALL,...and Does not hang low @ all in comparison to teh Motoria.Hangers are Perfect!

Friend has a GT Spec and it tucks nicely..I'd say the same as Mine does.
CHeap too!
that one looks a lot nicer. do you have pics of it mounted?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:59 AM   #54
Leetheslacker
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Leetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond reputeLeetheslacker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
that one looks a lot nicer. do you have pics of it mounted?
yeah a few posts up from that one..
Leetheslacker is offline   Reply With Quote