Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-02-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
ucfz31s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ucfz31s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ucfz31s13
1st round of suspension goodies!

Santa came today in his brown truck and had a couple packages waiting for me and my s13 when I arrived home tonight.

Courtesy of SPLParts

The loot...

Tension Rods, Rear Toe Link, Rear Traction Link

Pro RUCA's, Rear Subframe Collars

Quality of these parts is amazing. Let me tell you they are much larger and beefier in person! Welds are per-fect-o!

Still waiting on my Tein HE's and tie rods and I should be about ready for the install.

Man, I can't wait to go from an other wise stock suspension w/ Eibachs to this.

Already have Cusco front STB and rear STB w/ triangle brace along w/ both Front and Rear Jpec.com ladder bars, but they aren't doing much w/ my 99k miles old shocks and struts.

I'll probably be in for a surprise in the handling when I finally get around to having my suspension install party!

Tampa DD2 here I come

Ok, I'm done.
ucfz31s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2004, 08:05 PM   #2
Bbandit
Post Whore!

Bbandit is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bbandit Send a message via AIM to Bbandit
omg that is a nice line up.. i've been meaning to get all of those parts too... but i have to finish this ka-t stuff first.. and then finish the rest of my suspensions...
:thumbsup:
have fun with those man

==>>TGL GARAGE<<==.. RIP!
S13 coupe KA-T @ 0.5 Bar = SOLD!
A31 Cefiro + SR = Current
Bbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
hookedup240
Zilvia FREAK!

hookedup240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hookedup240
nice parts, have fun
hookedup240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:22 PM   #4
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Yeah SPL Parts is the SHIT! Kuah sent me those RUCAs, TC rods, and subframe spacers. Nice as shit.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
DoriftoSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #5
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
NICE STUFF! I got the same stuff hahaha
its top quality!!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:46 PM   #6
Zemus
Nissanaholic!

Zemus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zemus
I hate you

JK man that stuff is rocking, I need to get some RUCAs from them, looks like good stuff
Zemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I would highly recommend getting some dust boots for all those heim joints.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:57 PM   #8
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
wow that musta cost a pretty penny, but well worth it!

good luck with the install and give us a review of how they handle!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 PM   #9
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
going to be a rough ride
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:14 PM   #10
ucfz31s13
Zilvia Junkie

thanks guys, I'm so stoked about putting them on!!

Can't wait to see how she handles w/ all the new parts. I'm just trying to get everything needed and do it all at the same time and only have to get it aligned once, blah, blah

sykikchimp: What kind of dust boost are you talking about? Is there a place you can buy a 'set' from, or just do it yourself type of thing?

DRFT: Yeah, they weren't cheap thats for sure, but like you said, should be well worth it. Only problem I'm going to have is people will ask me "Did you notice a difference w/ the <insert suspension part here>?" and I won't have an answer because everything was put on at the same time! Haha.

Probably the one of the few people you'll meet that does a bulk install of all suspension components and LSD at the same time

lol
Old 03-02-2004, 09:29 PM   #11
Matt_240
Internet Drifter

Matt_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
those are goin to make a humungous difference. i always like the idea of doing a couple things at a time to "feel" the difference in each but im probably just being a jealous bish right now cause i don't have all those parts. so !!!!! mwahahahahaha just kidding.
Matt_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #12
Heartwork
BANNED

Heartwork is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome, fun stuff
Heartwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:32 AM   #13
DoriftoSlut
Nissanaholic!

DoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to beholdDoriftoSlut is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to DoriftoSlut
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx247
going to be a rough ride
Did your suspension book tell you that? Lets all convert back to stock then. harsh rides are teh suxorz. Heaven forbid you get rid of sloppy oem cream filled donut bushing crap for some taught ball joints. I mean you do have dampers on the car right? Might as well put them to good use.

www.pinkgodzira.com
www.driftalliance.com
DoriftoSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:34 AM   #14
Matt_240
Internet Drifter

Matt_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
i think that RUCA will make a great towel holder. thatd be soo pimp. you can camber the towel for wall clearance.
Matt_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:41 AM   #15
BadMoJo
Nissanaholic!

BadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to BadMoJo
CHeck out this place for rod end boots and such ---> http://www.bakerprecision.com/rodacc.htm

----Gone----
BadMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:53 AM   #16
s13andy
Zilvia Member

s13andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13andy
damn those are all so nice, i cant wait till my brown truck santa drops some off for me
Old 03-03-2004, 12:57 AM   #17
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to s14xman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_240
i think that RUCA will make a great towel holder. thatd be soo pimp. you can camber the towel for wall clearance.
LMFAO!!!!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:33 AM   #18
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nice kitchen! And some nice parts. I would like your Rear Forward links. Looks like it would fit my car nicely lol. Have fun installing. The ride won't be harsh at all as someone commented. Really smooth actually.

I think it was $12 bucks a dust boot(medium size as someone else recommended on zilvia) at baker precision. Anyone know of a cheaper place for dust boots?
drift into a curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:09 AM   #19
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm rolling with sperical bearings and metal bushings all through my suspension but my ride isn't rough. It's mostly in the dampening ability and spring rates of your coilovers that makes the biggest difference.

I'm jealous of your rear toe and bumpsteer rods. Good shit. If I were you, I would have went with N1 PRO, Tanabe DD, Kei Office, or Cuscos with all the money you're spending on suspension stuff.

Drift into Curb: spending that much on dust boots isn't worth it when you buy stuff from SPL. They have a one year warranty on the solid bushings and after that time is up, it's only $20 to replace the bushing.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:33 AM   #20
drift into a curb
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
drift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond reputedrift into a curb has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Interesting info, I wasn't aware of their warranty. Thanks for the heads up. I think the dust boot is just for peace of mind, so you don't have to worry about your parts.
drift into a curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:32 AM   #21
Dunkee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Dunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfz31s13
thanks guys, I'm so stoked about putting them on!!

Can't wait to see how she handles w/ all the new parts.
Don't expect the car to be able to take any turn...I know a couple of people who tried to really push the car as soon as they got coilovers and ended up around a tree. Take some time to get used to it before you push it
Old 03-03-2004, 07:50 AM   #22
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
I'm jealous of your rear toe and bumpsteer rods. Good shit. If I were you, I would have went with N1 PRO, Tanabe DD, Kei Office, or Cuscos with all the money you're spending on suspension stuff.
why? there's nothing wrong with his choices
if you KNEW more about SPL you'd understand
anyways, the choices (HEs, SPL) are excellent. if you dont believe me, then ride in my car this month at buttonwillow. it gets the job done a-ok. ive done all my competitions and drifting on HEs and never had aproblem. just because he didnt spend a grip more for those brands, doesnt mean he made a bad choice.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:58 AM   #23
ucfz31s13
Zilvia Junkie

drift into a curb: Thanks! I didn't know anyone was going to comment on the kitchen, hehe. We actually just got new counters not too long ago!

flybert: I thought about buying some $$$ expensive coilovers, instead of the HE's and lots of other suspension components, but thought I'd start off w/ HE's and upgrade when I'm no longer a beginner
Anway you go though, it's still more money than I had planned on spending Oh the addiction!

As for the towel holder, that's a great idea! Make sure you get the PRO Upper arms though, wouldn't want them bending from the extra weight when the towel is wet
Old 03-03-2004, 10:40 AM   #24
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
did spl give you any kind of deal for ordering all that stuff at once?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:35 AM   #25
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
The dust boots help keep those arm's maintenance and trouble free. Especially if you live somewhere dusty or salty.

your choices are to clean them about every oil change (not that big of a deal, but some people are slackers), get dust boots and forget about it, or replace those heim joints every 1.5 -2 years when they either get loose, and rattle, or freeze from rust.

I guess it's just a preference :shrug:
Old 03-03-2004, 12:26 PM   #26
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
did spl give you any kind of deal for ordering all that stuff at once?
ditto.
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 02:57 PM   #27
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
why? there's nothing wrong with his choices
if you KNEW more about SPL you'd understand
anyways, the choices (HEs, SPL) are excellent. if you dont believe me, then ride in my car this month at buttonwillow. it gets the job done a-ok. ive done all my competitions and drifting on HEs and never had aproblem. just because he didnt spend a grip more for those brands, doesnt mean he made a bad choice.
Dousan, I didn't mean he should have gotten different multi-link. All SPL shit is tight because it's the good shit without a big name. I meant that he should have maybe spent an extra couple hundred of bucks for some nicer coils. I know you rock the HE's and they work for you, but as he said, "thought I'd start off w/ HE's and upgrade when I'm no longer a beginner". I think it's better to wait for when you can afford to get what you want. If you are going to put the money down for some coilovers, don't do it expecting to upgrade them when you get better. It's just a waste of money.

Dousan, are you going to up your spring rates any time soon along with a revalve. I wonder if they do a better job of valving them then when they come from the factory. In that case, HE's might be just as good as getting JIC FLTA2. Dude, I can't wait to go to buttonwillow. I'll definitely have to take a ride with you. You mind sitting in on a run with me so I can get some feedback?
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:37 PM   #28
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

fuck the revalve, just going up 1kg, should be a-ok. my friend did it no problems.
actually i understand the valving now and how to tune the coilover with it, i love them now. they absorb and hold..its freaking rad. perfect for drifting.

yeah you can ride w/ my for some laps. i just need a few to get back 'in the mindset'. and getthe lines down. after that ist balls out all day
Old 03-03-2004, 05:43 PM   #29
the240sxer95
Zilvia FREAK!

the240sxer95 is making a name for him/her selfthe240sxer95 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to the240sxer95
understand the valving? care to explain?
the240sxer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:49 PM   #30
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I am jealous of your new toys from the UPS santa....

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote