Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-22-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
"Hit and Run" incident

So I was at school from 9AM-1130AM on Wednesday morning and some asshole doored my passenger side door. This isn't a ding, or a scuff, its a big fucking DENT with a white scrape on it. The dent was not there Tuesday night because I washed my car that night and I know for a fact it wasn't there. And I also parked on the street that night so it could not have gotten hit at night. I parked just like I normally do and went to class then went out to my car and went to my passenger side to put my backpack in my seat and I noticed the dent with a white scrape. And low and behold there was a white Honda Accord parked next to me. So I got the liscence plate number and left a note stating that they had hit my car and that I would appreciate compensation for this damage. I left my email and my cell number and they still haven't contacted me. The note was mature and I wasn't being ominous at all. On monday, I'm planning on leaving another note on the car saying that if they don't contact me with 24hours, I'm reporting it as a hit and run. I am 100% sure that this is the asshole that hit me. This car is in that section of the parking lot everyday from 9AMish to later than 3:30PM because that's when I leave and I see it still in the lot when I leave at 3:30. I'm just wondering if I have a chance at anything here, I'm guessing the popo won't give a fuck because it's just a parking lot accident, so I'm guessing I'm stuck talking to the person and trying to get them to pay for it, which they won't because they'll just deny it. Yeah, I hate people who don't respect other people's shit.
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2004, 02:29 PM   #2
MakotoS13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
call the cops.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 02:39 PM   #3
mdzowner

mdzowner is an unknown quantity at this point
call the cops dont wait.
mdzowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 02:55 PM   #4
Salty_X
Zilvia FREAK!

Salty_X is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out their car for scratches or paint or some kind of evidence that it was actually their that hit yours. I guess they could polish it out if it was minor a scrape for them, but most people like that are lazy or just don't care.
Definitely call the cops, but it'd be better to have some evidence first. There are a lot of white cars out there...
Old 05-22-2004, 03:38 PM   #5
brianglawson
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
brianglawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to brianglawson Send a message via AIM to brianglawson Send a message via Yahoo to brianglawson
if there is white paint on your car, there car probably scuffed all the way down....make sure your not falsely accusing the guy...
Old 05-22-2004, 05:17 PM   #6
Shin_Kudo
Zilvia Addict

Shin_Kudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hate to say it, but the cops don't give a shit. I got hit by some drunk motherfucker on the freeway, and the cops pretty much told me to go fuck myself.
Shin_Kudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:52 PM   #7
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^^^ that sucks hard..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 08:52 PM   #8
oojpeeoo
Zilvia Junkie

oojpeeoo is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry 2 hear that man..hope everything goes well
oojpeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:21 PM   #9
mjjstang
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mjjstang
wait for the fucker and talk to him in person, if he blows you off, go paint a hammer any color but your cars. then take the hammer one day and bash the shit out the car. then be like, its not my car sorry dude. but then it will be an ongoing thing between you two, UNTILL you get security camera for your car. get a power invertor and hook it up to the outlet. then u will have evidence. or brush it off. I like the first idea best though.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:48 AM   #10
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
nah cops act pretty fast tho if it was like my situation as the person fleed from me after i chased him down for his plate. As soon as I was off teh phone, they had a helicopter checking the area around me for the person.

But I think you only have soo much time to report it? If you could just wait for teh person to come out would work too. Just politely ask them about it, that you just want it fixed and nothing more.
HyperTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 08:42 AM   #11
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
just tell your insurance company and give them his plate #. they will find his insurance and make them pay for it. no real need to involve the cops.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:36 PM   #12
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Just an update. So after the guy didn't respond, I called my insurance to let them know what's up, and the guy at my insurance said he would try to pull a few strings and find out what company insures the douche who doored my car. This was on wednesday. I told the guy on the phone that I would be leaving to go home for the the summer on Friday morning and that he should contact me before I go home on Friday. He called my house on Friday stating that I would need to file a police report, meaning that I would have to go back to shitty Terre Haute where the police couldn't give a fuck about my car getting blasted. Fuck it, I'm going to just accpet the fact that there is now a huge dent in my pass. side door. Oh yeah, I recieved an email from school security yesterday after I got home saying that the person was a EE prof at the school and that he denies hitting my car. It turns out he's also the faculty advisor for my fraternity..Excellent. Damn, I really thought a college professor would have the balls and decency to accept responsibility for his dumbass driving skills. I'm thrilled.
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 06:56 PM   #13
lilredstiffy
Zilvia Addict

lilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to alllilredstiffy is a name known to all
Send a message via ICQ to lilredstiffy Send a message via AIM to lilredstiffy
Teach him a lesson, don't give up.

If he has insurance I don't understand what the hang up would be.
lilredstiffy is offline   Reply With Quote