Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #181
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tougetuned is making a name for him/her selftougetuned is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Made my carbon block off plates for my stock mirrors, yes I will be using black screws when I find some.

Took her out for a drive on the parkway. Finally back!
Old 09-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #182
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
She is beautiful man! Well done indeed!
Old 09-09-2016, 01:45 AM   #183
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
one of the hottest cars on zilvia right now.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:34 AM   #184
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:00 AM   #185
Kis4Kouki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Kis4Kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cars beautiful man. Love it. Does your county not have obd2 inspection you have to pass. I have a 98 and i want to swap a sr because i have on out of a previous car but im pretty sure its illegal unless i get exemption which only last a year.
Kis4Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:01 AM   #186
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

tougetuned is making a name for him/her selftougetuned is making a name for him/her self
Thanks guys. No emissions here.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:19 AM   #187
AKsamuraiS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeAKsamuraiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
this thing is beautiful. my favorite kouki on zilvia.... possibly ever. great job on the build man, your car is on point.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #188
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

Old 09-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #189
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 09-27-2016, 09:48 PM   #190
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
This car is perfect. 10/10 would bang.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:12 AM   #191
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Love it!
Old 09-28-2016, 07:14 AM   #192
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

Thanks guys ❤️
Old 10-25-2016, 08:05 AM   #193
idlebad
Leaky Injector

idlebad is an unknown quantity at this point
This car is awesome. I like the style of the mirrors as well, good idea.
idlebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 05:15 AM   #194
kieran.js

kieran.js is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome read man. Big fan of the kit!!
kieran.js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:13 AM   #195
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
SH*T.

Now I want to kit out my S14 even though all I do is Autox it and hit cones.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #196
TekunoStarBerto

TekunoStarBerto is an unknown quantity at this point
DUDE, i'm so stoked for you. It came out great!
Old 11-28-2016, 11:05 AM   #197
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

Unfortunately I've had several incidents with my bumper. I had my quick latch bracket come loose in the mountains which cracked the top side. I made a stupid mistake and ran it over which cracked the passenger side on the bottom. Then I smashed it and bowed my fender up pretty good when I caught a speed bump turning around in a rough parking lot. I've been busy working on it trying to get it fixed and ready for paint. New fenders already on the way as well.

Touch up paint hid that pretty well.

The real damage.

Progress

Now just a little sanding and filler and it should be read for paint.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:11 AM   #198
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Im sweating just reading through this. Lol Makes me miss my kouki

I touge'd it as well. Before i got rid of it.

Subbed for the hotness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:29 PM   #199
Sansone
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Sansone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This thing looks incredible man, good work.

Life Ruiner
Sansone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #200
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
it happens to the best of us!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:14 PM   #201
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

I'm well overdue for an update on here. A lot has happened since the last time, both good and bad. I've had quite a bit of clutch hydraulic troubles which caused me to have to drive home from the mountains with no clutch. First I killed the slave and then melted through my ss braided line the next time.

After all that was fixed I put on some new Federal RS-RR and took her for another drive up there. I ended up blowing out a brand new tire and came to the realization at this point they sent me two of the wrong size tires. Thankfully my awesome friends drove a couple hours to bring me some tools and a spare wheel to get me back going. At least now I know I can fit a 275 on a 10.5 +12 in the rear!

I finally completely killed my turbo gasket on my last run so I took the car apart for some much needed maintenance and a few upgrades. Here's a funny video I made of my run before the gasket completely blew out and one of it after.

I also decided it was time for an upgrade on my brakes, the fronts just weren't cutting it for me. I decided to go with the CTS-V 4 piston setup, Centric cryo treated rotors and Hawk HP+ pads all around. They required quite a lot more modification to my drop knuckles than I inticipated but it all worked out in the end.

I also went ahead and got rid of my old faded and torn Zeta II for this perfect Zeta III. I have to say I'm loving the red. I bought a new Works Bell slim hub so I can finally use my QR again and not tear this seat up too.

Here's whats left of my turbo gasket and all the other exhaust leaks I found. A special little surprise I found too when I examined my turbo after pulling it off.

It's always boosted fine, albeit a little loud so I went ahead and threw it all back on until I can afford to upgrage. I went ahead and bought all new locking nuts, tabs and oem gaskets including an s15 exhaust manifold gasket which is awesome. My plan was to never have to deal with this ever again, until I decided to upgrade anyways...

On the first test drive I killed my bov, which just happens to be my luck. I was able to borrow one for a friend temporarily to get it back on the road and make a few runs. I also found when I first started it up that it was smoking a bit, which it's never done. I assumed it was the turbo so I started looking for a 2871R to replace my old trusty 28R.

First shakedown was a success! I took it up to work to turn my rear rotors and install the new HP+ pads on it.

The next morning I decided to take her for another run. This is where things get interesting. The rear brake were noisy as hell, I need to grease the hell out of them but the car felt amazing!

Not long after this I had a splash of coolant come out of my hood onto my windshield. It started missing immediately so I pulled over at the nearest spot where I of course had no cell service. I found that my radiator was near empy, so I filled up a gallon of water from the nearest stream and filled it up. The car wouldn't start, the engine had hydrolocked. I ended up popping my main fuse and the fuse on my battery cable. After some rigging I got it fired up again and set off. Of course it was smoking like a freight train and every couple miles I would have to pull off and fill it back up again but I eventually made it home.

Here's what I found when I made it home, number one was full of coolant just like I suspected. I had hoped that once I pulled the head all I would need was a simple head gasket replacement but it turned out to be much worse than I expected. The deck surface on both the block and head are extremely pitted and it even went into part of the cylinder wall.

That's where I'm at as of yesterday evening. Thinking about which route I need to go right now. The block will need to be bored and both will need to be decked which will require a pretty full build. I love the SR and I don't really want to swap power plants but it's tempting since the cost will be about the same. The only other option I'm thinking about is 2JZ, my only turn off is the weight. Opinions are welcome!

Last edited by tougetuned; 04-22-2017 at 06:47 PM..
tougetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:22 PM   #202
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I wouldn't do 2JZ because they're huge heavy things.

I'm really bummed for you.

This is 100% my favorite S-chassis I've ever come across stateside. Love it.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:38 PM   #203
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Least the car still looks great! I would just fix the SR. Deck both surfaces and get a nice tomei mult-layer head gasket with ARP studs which should do you good for a while.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #204
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

Thanks! The only thing I worry about is how I got a bit of the cylinder wall. It doesn't appear as if it would interfere with the rings though so maybe I could let it slide. I won't know if it's salvageable until I take it to a machine shop though. The pitting is pretty bad, especially on the head.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:33 AM   #205
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Touge kouki build

If you need a head, I've got a mate selling an S15 head. Unless you'd rather go VE. Which is a good option too. Super gutted for the steam of luck tho man things will get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:01 PM   #206
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

It's all good man! I'm really only bummed about the time it will be down since there are only so many events around here every year. I hoping I can at least make the hill climb this year. I'll get it back together one way or another though!
Old 04-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #207
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Can you try to find another healthy long block? That should limit the amount of down time and overall cost.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #208
tougetuned
Zilvia Member

I've been looking into that actually. I'm waiting on a response from the local shop here, he has a few bare blocks and maybe a built one.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:00 PM   #209
Will.
Leaky Injector

Will. is an unknown quantity at this point
what an amazing build, sorry to hear about the engine
Will. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:23 AM   #210
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Time for an LS then you will know true happiness!
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote