Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-04-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan
s13 "Nismo" Side Skirt Fitment?

Hey guys. I searched but couldn't find anything.

I have a hatchback with the "Nismo" (what the heck were these even knock-offs of?) rears that I used to cover up a nasty quarter-panel dent and an OEM Kouki bumper. I'm getting the car ready to be driven and painted and need some side skirts. JDM Rice V.1 looks great with the "Nismo style" side skirts and Kouki replica bumper but I'd like to know if anyone knows how bad the fitment is on them. If it's really bad I'll just go with OEM JDM urethane Chuki skirts.

Any input would be appreciated and I'd like to hear any suggestions you have on other (excluding kouki) side skirt options. Pictures of the car are in the link in my sig. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm not sure if my sig is working so if not here's the link.
ScottMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #2
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
The authentic versions are Nismo. Knockoffs are "nismo style". The fitment should depend on who really made them, and how much you paid for them.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:47 PM   #3
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
get some oem sideskits, or possibly even a more mild looking aftermarket knockoff. I recently picked up a set of FRP jdm noname sideskirts for pretty cheap from someone on this forum. goodluck.
CoasTek240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #4
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I dont think Nismo ever made a "Nismo" kit for the 180... I think its just some american kit companies taking the S14 Nismo (from teh 270 R ) and making em for the 240 hatchback....
Old 02-04-2005, 08:20 PM   #5
rps13_fastback
Zilvia Addict

rps13_fastback can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to rps13_fastback
ALot of the replica Nismo sideskirts fit like ass.. and require more than double sided tape to support it. I'd go with OEM chuki ones.. I'm also looking for them.

BTW, did u have to do much trimming to your kouki bumper for the FMIC? I can't wait to see that thing painted man, it looks fkn BAAD
rps13_fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
rspec7

rspec7 is an unknown quantity at this point
that is correct, nismo sideskirts were never made for the s13. what you have are replicas of nismo sideskirts for the s14 modified to "fit" on an s13.
i'm not sure what the fitment is like because i never put them on my car. went all kouki aero instead. hehe.

i actually have a set of these "nismo style" sideskirts and rear valences for sale in the bay area, california if anyone else wants them. theyre the same style as on jdm rice's old s13

rps13 fastback
i have an hks IC on and i didnt have to trim anything from the kouki bumper. i did have to trim a little bit of plastic from the signal lights tho, but thats it. it'll fit fine.
rspec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #7
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek
I dont think Nismo ever made a "Nismo" kit for the 180... I think its just some american kit companies taking the S14 Nismo (from teh 270 R ) and making em for the 240 hatchback....
See...that's what I thought too. I didn't think they made such a thing either but I also don't know much about the older stuff that I haven't picked up from research.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rps13_fastback
I'd go with OEM chuki ones..

BTW, did u have to do much trimming to your kouki bumper for the FMIC? I can't wait to see that thing painted man, it looks fkn BAAD
I'm thinking I'll go with the OEMs now because I'm really sick of dealing with fiberglass compared to the Kouki bumper...just put it on and enjoy.

No, I shouldn't have to trim much at all. The only place it hits is the small tabs that are designed for 2 bolts I believe. Those hit my IC piping. I haven't trimmed them yet b/c I want to make sure the lip doesn't attach there. Other than that the bumper fits SOOOO much better than the Chuki bumper would have. I was surprised. Keep in mind that my IC setup is custom and note that my core fits very well behind an only slightly trimmed bumper support. It's 3" wide but the custom piping allows me the flexibility to place it as close to the radiator as possible.

Thanks for the compliment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspec7
rps13 fastback
i have an hks IC on and i didnt have to trim anything from the kouki bumper. i did have to trim a little bit of plastic from the signal lights tho, but thats it. it'll fit fine.
Ahh okay. I guess those are the tabs that I'm referring to as needing to trim. I hope we're referring to the same ones because I'm using the marker lenses as my signals so I should be able to trim those without ill effects.

Thanks for the replies...keep them coming.