Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-27-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
AuburnRyan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
AuburnRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1st time swap - Should I buy a HKS equipped clip?

Ok - Iv'e found a very good deal on a clip with lots of aftermarket goodies including aftermarket radiator, Fuel rail, top mount HKS T04 (don't know which one), FMIC, internals (don't know what), etc....

Now my question is:

This is my 3rd s13 I'll swap it into, so I know alot about the car - but this is my first swap. I don't want to melt piston's or boost a 5k RPM's... could I swap the turbo for a BB t28, keep the rest - ie. bigger injectors? If I kept all - would it reuire expensive tuning, or shall I assume the Japan owned had tuned.

Needs to be a daily driver more than race car - is this a good chioce, even if I sell some parts I may not want (i.e. the turbo).

Thanks - sorry for the NEWB question - please don't reply with "you kill yourself" etc. JUst want to have an idea if it's streetable.
AuburnRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2005, 12:09 PM   #2
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
You could assume the owner ran it hard too, if its a good deal though, why not.
aa87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
Sil Beer S13
Zilvia FREAK!

Sil Beer S13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Sil Beer S13
just swap it and drive done
Sil Beer S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #4
TheSparo
Zilvia FREAK!

TheSparo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to TheSparo
even if it was tuned in japan, the fuel map will be different b/c of the octane difference, but have you seen the motor run at all? do you know the compression? just simple things like that can make the choice a lot more simple... make sure you know about everything that is in there... a t04 is a decent sized turbo
Old 06-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
97DubTruck
Zilvia Junkie

97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self
Yeah that motor has been worked over pretty hard. Id say dont do it if you want a street car. I mean this will be a 400hp+ street car you have to understand and you will break more shit than a stock swap. But if you get a good deal then go for it....but be prepared.
97DubTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:43 PM   #6
sr240mike
Zilvia FREAK!

sr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her selfsr240mike is making a name for him/her self
Hopefully the owner in Japan just finished the motor build, took the car out the first day, and wrapped it around a telephone pole. Otherwise, its probably pretty beaten.

TWO IN THE COOT, ONE IN THE POOT
sr240mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
97DubTruck
Zilvia Junkie

97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self97DubTruck is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr240mike
Hopefully the owner in Japan just finished the motor build, took the car out the first day, and wrapped it around a telephone pole. Otherwise, its probably pretty beaten.
I mean what are the chances. Go for it. Whats the compression?
97DubTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:53 PM   #8
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr240mike
My thoughts exactly.
if you do get it, take a look at the clutch, it should give you (hopefully) an indication of what was done, but ya... given what it has, it's probably been run pretty hard... otherwise why wouldn't the owner keep some of that stuff?

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:59 PM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
most likely if it was built it was run hard I would stay away from it. Ideally the swap you want should be a stock low mileage SR . You are safer that way. Upgrade parts are cool, but seriously, unless the builder crashed it right after he built that engine has been thrashed most likely.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #10
AuburnRyan
Zilvia Member

AuburnRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for input -

I'm checking compression...and the engine was to have new internals 4k kilometers ago...need to check details. Engine has low km - about 36km or 24k miles. s13 Blacktop

Hard to pass up if it checks out- about the cost of regular clip, but has Radiator, FMIC, bigger turbo, etc...but like everyone says - I don't want a headache.

AuburnRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:59 AM   #11
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
you have a dilema that is similar to..........

well, the girl you like is hot but shes such a slut whore. shes being a village bicycle for a long time. even your mom best friend fucked her. but hey, shes still hot, right? you know that she being USED alot. around the block quite a few times. but hey, she got nice tan, great legs, bit tata's, cute smile and gold teeth. hahaha, you know it wont last long

Last edited by 420sx; 06-28-2005 at 10:17 AM..
420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 02:26 PM   #12
streetfame
Zilvia Member

streetfame will become famous soon enoughstreetfame will become famous soon enoughstreetfame will become famous soon enoughstreetfame will become famous soon enoughstreetfame will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnRyan
Ok - Iv'e found a very good deal on a clip with lots of aftermarket goodies including aftermarket radiator, Fuel rail, top mount HKS T04 (don't know which one), FMIC, internals (don't know what), etc....

Now my question is:

This is my 3rd s13 I'll swap it into, so I know alot about the car - but this is my first swap. I don't want to melt piston's or boost a 5k RPM's... could I swap the turbo for a BB t28, keep the rest - ie. bigger injectors? If I kept all - would it reuire expensive tuning, or shall I assume the Japan owned had tuned.

Needs to be a daily driver more than race car - is this a good chioce, even if I sell some parts I may not want (i.e. the turbo).

Thanks - sorry for the NEWB question - please don't reply with "you kill yourself" etc. JUst want to have an idea if it's streetable.
i had the same dilemna when swapping a 'spoon' fed motor into my old crx. i could never get it tuned right and it needed all kinds of new stuff but the clip was cheap. i would go with the stock clip and if really want all that stuff later than just hit the importer up later on and swap your stock parts to that old clip and pay a little extra for that hks stuff.
streetfame is offline   Reply With Quote