Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-05-2005, 02:40 AM   #1
driftinertia

Trader Rating: (0)
driftinertia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb "HELP"too tall for seat

I'm 6'5 and my head hit's the roof. Just seeing if you guys no any trick too lower the driver seat.Or when I drift i'll look like this
driftinertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2005, 04:59 AM   #2
sw20>>s14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
sw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond reputesw20>>s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sw20>>s14
if its an aftermarket side mounted seat, get the bride FG rails or mod your existing bracket/rail...
Old 11-05-2005, 05:18 AM   #3
qt_240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
qt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really niceqt_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
im 6"4 .. i bought nagisa low pro rails (waited 2 months for the pair)..... im also using a Recaro SPG-poll position seat as well..
qt_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
Tygma
Zilvia Addict

Tygma is making a name for him/her selfTygma is making a name for him/her self
1. Learn English
2. Tell us what kind of seat you have
3. Tell us what kind of rail you have
Old 11-05-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Lean back..lean back..leann back........

I definately need to get some seats n rails.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:59 AM   #6
OdessaS13
Zilvia Addict

OdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to OdessaS13
How to: fit into you car

1. amputate shins
[ shin1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shn)
n.

The front part of the leg below the knee and above the ankle.
The shinbone.
The lower foreleg in beef cattle. Used of cuts of meat. ]

2. reattach feet to knees

3. become 6 inches shorter

or

cut hole in roof..but i doubt you want to sacrifice the ridgity of you Drift mobile for measily sacrifice of cutting of a otherwise usless part of the body j/k

Now you can be just like the guy from KIng of the Hill
OdessaS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:06 AM   #7
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
1) chop off your seat mounting points from the floor
2) throw away the rail/slider
3) bolt the brackets to the floor. make sure to use reinforement plates around the holes so it doesn't rip the floor when you crash
4) sit hella low
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #8
OdessaS13
Zilvia Addict

OdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the roughOdessaS13 is a jewel in the rough
screw it just toss the seat .

is it me or does this belong in chat not tech
Old 11-06-2005, 08:49 AM   #9
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
^^^ Good point there, I'll handle that now

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #10
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Yeah, i've got some seating problems w/ my sparco low profile rails and a Sprint (i know, not great but it's what i can afford right now)

i'm planning on ditching the sliders soon and getting some side pads to keep the seat tight

i'm 6'1 175lbs

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:31 PM   #11
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz S14
Lean back..lean back..leann back........

I definately need to get some seats n rails.
Yeah, the only way to really free up headroom is to get something like Bride FG rail and just have that gangster lean.

On my Nagisa I went middle rung up front bottom rung out back and it frees up assloads of headroom. "Lowered" the seat by at least 1-1.5" than previous at bottom out.

^ ya mainevent, sparco + sliders is just waayyy too high, its way easier to get either bride or nagisa rail cause its a combo in one, bolt in done deal.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #12
driftinertia

what about Bride lowmax seats any of you have a pair.And how are they.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:06 PM   #13
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
the easiest thing to do is clearly chop off the top of your head...forhead up
Old 11-06-2005, 01:09 PM   #14
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR get a vert.
Ritz S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #15
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz S14
ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR get a vert.
Get a first gen Miata lol
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #16
driftinertia

i need my head.i'll just drift and git brain damage
Old 11-06-2005, 04:08 PM   #17
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
If its not aftermarket, you can try cutting some of the foam/fabric out of the seat bottom. This is what miata/s2000 guys do.
Gnnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #18
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Why don't you start out by telling us the seat and how it is set up?

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #19
BOMEX180
Zilvia Junkie

BOMEX180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftinertia
what about Bride lowmax seats any of you have a pair.And how are they.
I have/had both the Low Max Gias and VIOS. The Vios is about a couple centimeters lower than the Zeta III. The VIOS was leaned back a little but I have to drive like a grand ma to drive. I have teh GIAS now . Im about 5'10 175 lbs.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #20
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products
Yeah, the only way to really free up headroom is to get something like Bride FG rail and just have that gangster lean.

On my Nagisa I went middle rung up front bottom rung out back and it frees up assloads of headroom. "Lowered" the seat by at least 1-1.5" than previous at bottom out.

^ ya mainevent, sparco + sliders is just waayyy too high, its way easier to get either bride or nagisa rail cause its a combo in one, bolt in done deal.

sprint is not sidemount

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:16 PM   #21
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdessaS13
How to: fit into you car

1. amputate shins
[ shin1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shn)
n.

The front part of the leg below the knee and above the ankle.
The shinbone.
The lower foreleg in beef cattle. Used of cuts of meat. ]

2. reattach feet to knees

3. become 6 inches shorter

or

cut hole in roof..but i doubt you want to sacrifice the ridgity of you Drift mobile for measily sacrifice of cutting of a otherwise usless part of the body j/k

Now you can be just like the guy from KIng of the Hill

are you retarted? cutting you shins out will not effect how high you sit in your car...

make sense?

it will however allow you to not reach the pedals...

moron
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:24 PM   #22
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
^^^Unless you had to pull the seat up so far in order to reach the pedals, that you have to gansta lean the seat for the steering wheel not to hit your chest. That way your body would be at an angle, making your head not touch the roof. If thats not his reasoning then I dont know what is...
Old 11-07-2005, 08:34 PM   #23
OdessaS13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
are you retarted? cutting you shins out will not effect how high you sit in your car...
make sense?

it will however allow you to not reach the pedals...

moron

c, i was going to write some stupid shit in responce and start a little flame war, but then again its the interent and im a little...well actually a lot more mature than that/you.

have a nice day...moron

btw: open your goddamn eyes and look closely at the JK sign at the end of that sentence
Old 11-07-2005, 08:43 PM   #24
crioten
"buddy jesus"

crioten is making a name for him/her selfcrioten is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to crioten
durrr...

im not going to even start...
I'd rather take the bus with a bus-full of AIDS infected naked rape convicts than drive a VW.
crioten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:46 PM   #25
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I have the nagisa low rails and a cobra suzuka and I flipped my l brackets over to get them low enough for me and I am only 5'10" but I sit more upright in the suzuka and I have a sunroof so it sucks head room away
Old 11-08-2005, 12:46 AM   #26
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Did you not notice you were too tall for the car untill after you purchaced it?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:25 AM   #27
JDMark
Zilvia Junkie

JDMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JDMark
i have all you fuckers beat
im 6'6''
sparco sprint with low rails
70mm steering wheels spacer
fits like a glove, about an inch of headroom with helmet on :-) suckas
Old 11-08-2005, 01:47 AM   #28
TheSnail
Nissanaholic!

TheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to allTheSnail is a name known to all
^^^I have you beat. I'm 5'11". Meaning, I have over half a foot to play with, before resorting to the things you have to do
Old 11-08-2005, 03:45 AM   #29
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
when in the driver seat being short rules in the auto industry!!!!!! haha all you tall peeps

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:47 AM   #30
Romeyo07
Zilvia Member

Romeyo07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Romeyo07 Send a message via MSN to Romeyo07 Send a message via Yahoo to Romeyo07
open the sunroof, should give you some play