Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:25 PM   #121
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
madman's240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So yesterday I got to take the car out to a local event for some shakedown on the new turbo setup. They were also having a competition to we're they would sponsor the 1st place driver and pay for entry fees for all the pro-am rounds next season. So I gave it a shot . Went into qualifing with the mindset that even my worst run would get me into 16 aslong as I didn't spin. First run the car spit and sputtered on run in and on entry but still pulled off a decent run. Did it a few times throughout the day I'll look into this offseason. Anyways second run went alot better got closer to the clipping points to better my first run. Ended up getting 3rd place. Well during the time between qualifing and competition started my brother went in and raised the overheating temp setting in the proefi it was set at 202 I wanted it at 220 since after 2 back to back runs the car was at its limit I wanted a Lil wiggle room incase I got thrown into a one more time. Well apparently he reloaded my old tune and deactivated my boost controller so I was stuck on gate pressure of 12 psi. I unknowingly went out for top 16 thinking this is my time to shine I have one of if not the most powerful cars. So I set the tire pressure to be able to have decent grip on the 400 hp setting do my lead run car felt laggy so I turned it up to the next setting for my chase run same thing ended up straightening out twice giving the other guy the win. After 16 they took a 10 min break to let car cool so I went out and did a couple laps to keep the crowd entertained during so I focused on the boost gauge and noticed I was only getting 12-12.5 psi so I pull up to my support vehicle at grid checked for boost leaks nothing so I kept driving was doing ok runs but didn't have the power I had all day. Comp. Starts back up I give my car a break. Asoon as it ended I went and did tandem practice with my friends till I gave up cause the car was gripping up so much. Loaded up brought the car home ran inside grabbed my flash drive that I left and reloaded the new tune so the cars back to working properly.

All in all it was a good event. Car did amazing until the tune incident. I got to figure out what upgrades I need todo during the off season so far it looks like I'm just ditching the electric fans and going back to a clutch fan and shroud like I've been trying to for a couple months but my dad wanted to to give the efans another chance.

Also picked up the built sr for the 240 I'll be starting a build thread for it. soon as we get some real progress going so I don't have to keep throwing stuff in here about it.

Also picked up a new (to me) car hauler for the upcoming year since we will have 2 cars at the events. Got a steal on a 2000 take 3 45ft car hauler it's in pretty good condition for its age. Gonna do a Little preventative maintenance new bearing,brakes. Gonna get some matching chevy truck wheels and new tires for it. Build a tire rack in the belly of the trailer.

madman's240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2016, 01:43 PM   #122
madman's240
Zilvia Member

I think I finally got all the bugs worked out. Took the car out last Sunday for a shakedown and to get more seat time to get use to the car togo into the 2016 season with more knowledge of how to drive the car better.

But before going I installed the new clutch fan and shroud. We also moved the old electric fans and put them on the intercooler to help pull more air in until I get around to building some proper ducting.
It worked pretty well the car only got to 205 but with the extra fans it cooled down really fast.

Onto the event coverage

These two are my favorites

Also I can't decide if I wanna stay with stock body to keep from breaking it or if I wanna put on my vertex knockoff
Old 02-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #123
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Well I took the car out for one last shakedown before the season starts. Car started the day running pretty rough I did about 10 runs and came in to change coilpacks cause it felt like the cars was on 4/5 cylinders. Changed them with my backup set ran the same so we started checking for the dead cylinder by pulling coilpack connectors sure enough #2 was dead started searching was about to give up and load the car up when the wire to the connector popped out of the heat shield so for a temp fix we butt spliced it till I could get home and order new pigtails. Went back and had a blast the rest of the day killing a pair of nitto nto5's. First time running them and Omg I'm in love grip for days, and tons of smoke.

Old 03-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #124
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Well rd.1 was last weekend and the car did amazing only issue it had all weekend was the e85 I got was too good for the tune at 95% ethanol so I mixed a Lil 87 to drop it to 80-85%. With the new bracket system we are using in tx I'm not 100% on how I finished but I won my first battle and lost my second due to pushing to wide and missing the inner clip. But I had a blast and learned alot about the car and ready to go into rd.2.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #125
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I hope the aero stays on permanently.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #126
madman's240
Zilvia Member

I actually sold my kit cause the fitment wasn't that good plus I didn't wanna destroy it. Hopefully someone comes out with a poly version of that kit soon or I'll get the auto couture poly kit I seen on one of the sc fb groups
Old 07-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #127
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Haven't updated this in forever we just had round 4 this past weekend so I do a quick recap to get caught up.

Round 2 was kind of a bust. Saturday practice went well the car had a bit of understeer do to the super fast entry and my worn out fronts. But all in all I felt comfortable to get through the weekend. Well Saturday night /Sunday morning it stormed so they changed the track to a slower hotlap style course. The rain went away and the track started to dry up but still had a few wet spots. In my top 32 battle the course dried alot from the time we finished practice till my battle so we're I expected the wet to pull me to the outside to set me up for the sweeper the car gripped up and went to the inside line causing me to miss the front clip costing me the 32 battle.

Took the car out to get a Lil seat time between round 2 and 3 since we had a decent break. Got to tandem with my friends. It was a great laid back event ended up driving the car to and from the event.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #128
madman's240
Zilvia Member

After that I started to prep the car for round 3. Ended up making a front spring change and got some fresh fronts have 3 different brands being on back order I decided to go with some nitto nto5's.

So round 3 was a ton of fun between regaining the rear grip I lost when I removed the front sway bar by making the spring change and the fresh fronts the car felt the fasted it has been in awhile. I had confidence to place the car on the wall and drive away. Competition came around top 32 I was fun ended doing a one more time so on my lead I decided to try to shake off the following car and got super close to the first wall barely avoiding contact following driver ended up spinning going up to the second wall I advanced in top 16 I ended up getting another omt call after a very close battle I ended up losing. But I was stoked the car preformed so well.

Ended up grazing the second wall in my top 16 battle

Here's the link to the YouTube video my friend made for me.
https://youtu.be/z7sEfsqAVSk