Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #31
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my little bro n i went to nismo fiesta. Saw some really nice rides out there n had a chance to dyno my car. Got almost exactly what i expected. This was on a mustang dyno too, which i heard always gives results a bit lower than the actual ones:
i did 243ft-lbs n 269whp at 8-9psi(the way i daily drive)

then i tried to turn up the boost to about 11 and my car started acting up at mid rpm range....again... I was still able to do 255ft-lbs n 279whp at 11psi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUmklYylwhM&context=C4b4d43dADvjVQa1PpcFN6DN-GjabQWVnGhuZmZcLJ8h9VSt3D1lE=

i also got to do a simulated 1/4 mile pull which wasnt very successful. Keep in mind that this was my very first time on a dyno n i was very distracted..I DIDNT LAUNCH IT HARD alm
Got 13.5s @107mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNxNCt_80LM
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #32
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
^fixed, kinda..
Old 07-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #33
Superaison
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Superaison is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just completed my RB swap, how did you manage the clutch fan? is your engine just sitting that good lol
Superaison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #34
feito
Nissanaholic!

mount it behind the clutch rather than the front (in between engine and clutch rather than between clutch and radiator) and shave the blade fins on the back enough to clear the crankshaft damper.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #35
Superaison
Leaky Injector

any better pics ? so did u unbolt the actual plastic blade and put it on the back side?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #36
feito
Nissanaholic!

yeah, just remove the 4 10mm bolts (i think) and bolt it on the back of the clutch, shave the fins to clear the crank and wallah!!.... bro i got so excited when i saw your pm, i though i had found a stock fan shroud haha
Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #37
Superaison
Leaky Injector

I was just looking in a b/s/t thread that had one for sale.. I was just thinking about using the fan I already switched it around I said fuck it I wanted to know, brings it .75" or so closer to the engine.

edit:

here they are

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/46545...ard-parts.html

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/46428...-ka-sr-ca.html
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #38
feito
Nissanaholic!

I meant an rb25 fan shroud, i have the stock ka24 shround (which btw im selling $20) n theres no way in hell u can make that fit with the rb. But thanks!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #39
feito
Nissanaholic!

ok so i got some work done to it.
first i got my nismo 2 way installed along with new urethane bushings. I gotta say, those bushings werent as easy to install as i expected....

removing the old oem bushings from the subframe is kinda hard, just as hard as the removing the subframe main bushings but on an uncomfortable position, having a lift would've really helped... i also put some redline in it, good stuff.

little harness tuck to allow for more lowering...

then came the suspension. Spl arms on back and tension rods upfront.

pretty simple but time consuming stuff. I also removed my coils to inspect them and clean them up. Turns out one of my fronts is on its way out, it should do it for a while thou...
So this is how i spent a couple of afternoons including my b-day

Last edited by feito; 05-17-2018 at 08:45 PM..
Old 08-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #40
feito
Nissanaholic!

so today i took my car to get it aligned, wasnt very far off but had to be sure and wanted to straighten my steering wheel up haha
Now i just need a good fender roll (made an ugly gash on one of my fronts) and i should be good to go. I am driving the car but im afraid im gonna make another gash any second...
We got plenty of rain yesterday so my love is all dirty, it's ok thou cus we both like it dirty

Old 08-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #41
smartoss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
smartoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Are you still running spacers with the mustang rims?
smartoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #42
feito
Nissanaholic!

yes, the ones pictured, dont know what size they are but i bealive they're some vatozone ones...
Old 08-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #43
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
ok so i got some work done to it.
first i got my nismo 2 way installed along with new urethane bushings. I gotta say, those bushings werent as easy to install as i expected....

removing the old oem bushings from the subframe is kinda hard, just as hard as the removing the subframe main bushings but on an uncomfortable position, having a lift would've really helped... i also put some redline in it, good stuff.

little harness tuck to allow for more lowering...

then came the suspension. Spl arms on back and tension rods upfront.

pretty simple but time consuming stuff. I also removed my coils to inspect them and clean them up. Turns out one of my fronts is on its way out, it should do it for a while thou...
So this is how i spent a couple of afternoons including my b-day

I just did this last month, coilovers and spl arms in the same day.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #44
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
I just did this last month, coilovers and spl arms in the same day.
That's good! Did u tuck your body harness, do the diff bushings and fully disassembled the coilovers for cleaning and inspection too?
I've been thinking a lot about my intercooler and piping setup. I really hate my intake manifold but have decided to keep it for a better mid range power. i really wish they'd make an affordable front facing intake with long runners, but it just aint happening.. I'm also having second thoughts about my fmic. i've been wondering about going back to a smic setup this time using an aftermarket/bigger core and at the same time shorten my piping for better throttle response. Either way, i think im gonna be getting one of these kits:

Then im gonna get the pipes welded together so it can only be one coupler on each intercooler side.
So now im trying to score a good deal on an r34 smic or an arc smic and a rb25 stock fan shroud.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #45
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Didn't tuck the harness car won't be that low, The coils were brand new out of the box . You can try a TT Supra sidemount. The core is thicker than the stock RB cores but It will prob still get heat soaked. The Fan clutch is a huge + for cooling.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #46
nu_born
Leaky Injector

nu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enoughnu_born will become famous soon enough
^^what in dafuq

Nice build you've got going here man; really itching to get started on my s13 now lol.
nu_born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #47
feito
Nissanaholic!

started working on my new fmic set up today. Removed everything and started working on the charge pipe. Should come out pretty nice and the new greddy v-spec ic i'll be using should help a lot.
One last look at my old fmic setup before removal. Keep in mind that i always considered this setup to be temporarily

cut and tacked part of the chargepipe. Hopefully I'll work on it some more tomorrow

Btw, Im working on another major project. Should be making a new build thread soon..
Old 12-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #48
RastaS14
Leaky Injector

RastaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Diggin the build and all the fab work! Good stuff!
RastaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #49
feito
Nissanaholic!

finally got some work done:

going from like 10 couplers to only 4. Tacked the charged pipe with my arc welder (stainless steel). I got me an eastwood 175 for xmas, i should have my 220 power hooked up in a couple of weeks and will be able to weld it. Cant wait!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #50
feito
Nissanaholic!

finished the new fmic setup:

Can anybody guess what my next upgrade will be?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #51
feito
Nissanaholic!

so i got one of these, got lucky at a local yard and couldnt let it pass. These things are freging huge, i have even read about guys running them having problems with their oil temps being too low at the track, with the stock thermostat in it. Anyway, i live in texas, and the car is mostly daily driven, but when u drive hard in temperatures above 100 im sure temps cant be too low...
I took it apart and checked the thermostat and it opened up, i just didnt have a thermometer and couldnt check what temp it opens at. So i'll check it again after i buy a thermometer.
The cooler plus the oil filter stud i got the hardest parts covered, just need the sandwish plate and hoses and hardware, yeah i find that to be the easiest part. But i wont be installing a cooler until i buy an oil temp gauge unit, that way i can compare the temps before and after.
btw, it wont be installed on front of intercooler
Old 04-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #52
feito
Nissanaholic!

so i sold the oil cooler. I coulndt fit it anywhere, it was either gonna have to seat on top of the intercooler, but then the intercooler was gonna seat too low, or on front of the intercooler, which would affect my intercooler's temperatures very drastically i think.
Putting the oil cooler setup plan aside for a couple of months.
I did however replace my worn out subframe bushings with ES polys.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #53
feito
Nissanaholic!

what's going on here

Old 08-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #54
smdodgers
Leaky Injector

smdodgers is an unknown quantity at this point
i see you have an deep fuschia kouki!
me too

nice build, will subscribe!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #55
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Pimp

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #56
seagrasser
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
seagrasser is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like it is getting serious now. Want to know spec on exhaust manifold.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #57
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagrasser View Post
Looks like it is getting serious now. Want to know spec on exhaust manifold.
i kinda wrote a review of it on here http://zilvia.net/f/z-chassis/461047...ml#post5369034, last post. More parts keep arriving every week, but i wont start working on it until i have every single part for the upgrade and until im done with my little bro's car, very soon.

Last edited by feito; 10-27-2013 at 06:54 PM..
Old 10-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #58
feito
Nissanaholic!

close to surgery
Old 10-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #59
canasion35
Zilvia Junkie

canasion35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell yeah man I cant wait to see how it looks afterwards!!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #60
40craz
Leaky Injector

40craz is an unknown quantity at this point
What exhaust manifold is tht
40craz is offline   Reply With Quote