Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-22-2015, 11:17 PM   #61
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
madman's240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS14 View Post
nice build thread!
ive been thinking about running those mishi electric fans, how are you liking them so far?

They move a lot of air we should know how well they work in a couple weeks once we get the new turbo on and put coolant in. The car got upto 215 with the bad clutch fan without a shroud on straight water on the dyno after a couple pulls.
madman's240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #62
sleeper108
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
sleeper108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I had heat issues with my RB last year at track days (otherwise completely fine) but when its 100+ outside and your at a track in the middle of the desert, things overheating doesnt surprise much.

Anyways, if the mishimoto fans don't work out too well, I bought these to replace my FAL fans I was running. I haven't had any track days with these yet but they look awesome quality out of box, and the high cfm is always nice.
http://derale.com/products/electric-...ual-powerpacks

they end up putting out about 4k CFM, and as a puller with proper ducting, I can't imagine you'll have much in the way of cooling issues. just a thought incase you end up needing it.
sleeper108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:34 AM   #63
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Ok so we're making progress on the suspension build.
Got My spare subframe from 5spd donor car all cleaned up so we could build it without having the car torn apart.

well it had a welded diff but someone didn't do that great of a job I plan on taking it to silhouette garage to get cleaned up and braced

Got all of the bushings pressed out and the subframe painted gonna give it a day or two to cure then we're gonna pop in the battle version solid bushings and install the arms.

We also installed the poly bushings in the front control arms (didn't get any pic's )
We also raised the front coils in the process. Also replaced the rack and pinion installed the bv inner tierods and spacers aswell as bv outer tierods,Derrick roger knuckles, and threw in some arp wheel studs while it was apart.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #64
madman's240
Zilvia Member

well battle version finally released there dual caliper brackets this past week I paid for them Tuesday and they were at my house by Friday.

Friday night we put in some work on the car making sure the steering shaft was centered with the new rack. also mounted and plumbed the ps cooler aswell.

yesterday morning we finally got to work and building out the new subframe and getting them swapped out

got a text Saturday night that my diff was ready come to find out none of the previous welds actually penetrated. But Justin at silhouette garage got me fixed up we should be picking the diff up Monday.

pretty excited that the cars coming together a few long nights and a handful of parts that need to be ordered and the car with be ready for rd.1 of the lonstar drift pro-am series. I cant wait to drive this monster its been almost 2 yrs since Ive actually competed in pro-am
Old 03-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #65
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
nice ps cooler! why not just spring for a tomei 2 way? they are less than 1k. also are you going to do ur rear upper control arm? I just replaced all the front components on my 400. 500 for a pair of flca's.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #66
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Honestly I've always had welded diff so I'm comfortable with them plus right now $50 sounds better than up to $1k.
Yes I'm gonna replace the ruca's just the battle version arms aren't in my budget right now. I'll probably be buying the megan racing rlca aswell cause the ball joints on my oem aren't in the best shape and there non serviceable. Oem replacements are like 300 plus shipping means are 420 with tax so it's kinda a no Brainer to get the ones I can adjust if needed. I also plan on getting the figs engineering pro angle kit in the next couple months.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:13 PM   #67
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Got quite a bit done since the post

We got the dual caliper brackets installed got the asd mounted and all the hard lines bent and installed

yes that's a piece of angle iron we wanted to keep it removable

Got my diff back from being cleaned and rewelded

Then I got a pretty good deal on group of Jz's my friend decided to get our of the game so I bought everything jz he had. Ended up getting 2 1j longblocks one was in the process of heads tubs and new gasket and the other was a fresh rebuild . Also got a 2jzgte that needs pistons and to be punched out perfect for a high hp build also got a built r154 in the deal

Got some new front tires for the vordovens so I could finally get them mounted up

Old 03-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #68
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Picked up the tires for the round 1 of the lonestar drift pro am and got them

I have the best parents in the world. I left Togo back to work on a Tuesday night and Thursday morning the snuck my car off to the body shop to get painted they were trying to suprize me when I got home from work the friday before the event but then realized that my sponsor decal wouldn't work on the new paint so they had to clue me in.

More pic's to come once we get the headlights, taillights, and wheels on

Also for the first time in 8 yrs of drifting I finally own a helmet that's sa2010 instead of a plain dot
Old 04-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #69
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Got the car back together and loaded up and took it for an alignment

Then I took it to get my new sponsor decals cut and installed

After pulling an all nighter Friday night/ Saturday morning we loaded up and took off to the event Saturday.

Got my e85 fix for the weekend

Once we got to the track we unloaded the car threw on the series decals and I took the car to tech. on the way back I got excited and decided to do a quick pull on the back stretch of the parking lot and found out the car was breaking up at 4800rpm. Great so we pulled the plugs one was fouled so me and my brother haul ass to the closet autoparts store and get an new set plug a couple extras( all 8 they had in stock). Get back gap them and throw them back in the car do another pull same thing bring it back to the pit started checking coilpack connectors that's when we noticed the #1 injector plug came off reconnect it and take it for another spin hoping it was fixed same thing again. So we decided to go ahead a take a couple laps see if the car would clear up.

Well the first run was pretty good car fell on its face a couple times but was able to power through. Second run I get to the front of the line and noticed that the light to my toggle switch for the holley lift pump looked kinda dim so I went ahead and did my lap came back and had my dad and brother lay under the car when I turned the switch on nothing checked the fuse it was blown threw a new one in and it blew the second I flipped the switch. Great the pump locked up I knew it was just a matter of time till it died since it came off my dad's old drag car just was hoping it lasted longer than it did.

so we tried to find another local and no luck so we ended up trying out my back up bosch 044 but since I'm not running a return line from the surge tank to the cell it just built up too much pressure. Left it how it was and attempted to qualify with it messed up just for the points ended up getting 38th out of 49 I spun my first run from lack of practice so I just tried to lay down a conservative run on my second lap just to try to make top 32 but I guess it was too conservative.

My cousin passed away in December but got to go to his first event in October and fell in love with it the whole 7hr drive back from new Orleans all he talked about was wanting to build a car to learn in. Well he had left his favorite hat in my tow rig so in his memory I snapped it on the cage so he will forever be there with me.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #70
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Good shit Bryan
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #71
Gr1mey_Norm
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Gr1mey_Norm is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn! Nooooice!
Gr1mey_Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:50 AM   #72
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPEPICS View Post
Good shit Bryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1mey_Norm View Post
Damn! Nooooice!
Thanks guys
Old 04-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #73
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
when you go to get aligned are they trying to get you back to oem sc400 specs??
Old 04-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #74
madman's240
Zilvia Member

We did -.8 camber in the rear 0 toe and -3 camber front o toe
Old 04-04-2015, 09:30 AM   #75
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice man, glad to see you got to take it out there.. Sucks you had some issues but hey at least you know what to fix for next time.

Question were you get that Power on/off sticker?
Old 04-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #76
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hell yea man! I dig it!
Old 04-04-2015, 07:28 PM   #77
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_T View Post
Nice man, glad to see you got to take it out there.. Sucks you had some issues but hey at least you know what to fix for next time.

Question were you get that Power on/off sticker?
Thanks new build issues. Atleast it was a good shakedown and only a few changes need to be made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
Hell yea man! I dig it!
Thanks man
Old 04-07-2015, 09:52 AM   #78
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
So mad those brackets just came out. I waited 4 years.
Did you figure out the issue?
Old 04-07-2015, 11:23 PM   #79
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Yeah we knew the issue at the track just didn't have/couldn't find the part to fix it.

I'll be ordering the parts Friday to fix and modify my fuel system
Old 04-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #80
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What was it? How did the car feel otherwise?
Old 04-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #81
madman's240
Zilvia Member

My holley lift pump died it was old came off my dad's old racecar so it was just a matter of time we were hoping it would last until we could order a backup. And I couldn't run a high pressure pump because I have no return line from my surge tank to the cell. I'll be ordering a new pump and some fittings to add a return to my fuel cell
Old 04-10-2015, 08:07 AM   #82
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Love the way your keeping the memory alive for your Cousin, my condolences for your loss.

I really like how your car looks though, nice and clean with the purple cage for that bit of pop. keep it up good sir!
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:56 PM   #83
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
Love the way your keeping the memory alive for your Cousin, my condolences for your loss.

I really like how your car looks though, nice and clean with the purple cage for that bit of pop. keep it up good sir!
Thanks man yeah I wish he was still with us so he could really ride in the car. But this will have to do. That's was kinda the plan clean and simple I still gotta get my aero painted and install my carbon gt wing
Old 04-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #84
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Finally got around to mocking up my wing. Gonna finish the install this weekend when I have time picking up the hardware tomorrow after work.

The new fuel pump and an fittings to build a return from my surge tank to my fuel cell showed up today hoping to get most that done this week and test drive the car to see if the fuel cut issue is fixed.
Also have some other parts coming for the car should be here around the weekend or first of next week.

Since most my friends call me polar bear I whipped up this quick t-shirt design. Thinking about have a handful made to sell to try to help pay for some of the expenses for the season

Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #85
madman's240
Zilvia Member

So I needed some fuel jugs of my own so I didn't have to borrow them every event. So I decided to get some to match the car.

Finally got around to adding a return fitting to my cell and plumbing the line from the surge tank back to the cell

since Texas gets so damn hot during the summer I decided to add a fan to circulate some air when sitting in grid.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #86
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

DUDE DUDE DUDE!!!

YOU NEED THESE
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151646744414...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I got them aligned and they kick ass.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:21 AM   #87
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

the build quality is superb.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:22 PM   #88
madman's240
Zilvia Member

I'm gonna get the figs angle kit and it comes with adjustable uppers
Old 04-28-2015, 10:52 PM   #89
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Well we thought we had all the issues worked out. Took the car to rd.2 this past weekend car ran amazing all day Saturday except for the cooling overheat setting was to low so I had to unplug the sensor to the ecu and watch my gauge to keep from overheating. Once qualifing started the car started throwing lean codes and hitting limp mode somehow I managed to qualify 31st barely making top 32 . Tried to get it fixed but no luck went into my top 32 battle tried to follow the other guy car wouldn't do anything so I bowed out and loaded up and stayed to watch my boy Randall and cheer him on and he ended up winning the event.

I'm gonna tear down the fuel system and check for trash cause it to lean out
Old 04-29-2015, 05:58 AM   #90
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
I'm excited to see this completed