Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:34 AM   #91
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
you think a bad fuel filter?
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2015, 07:55 AM   #92
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dang, sorry to hear. I wanted to see action shots of the event. Love those Megan uppers.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:44 PM   #93
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
madman's240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Found the problem the foam that came in the cell started to break down due to the e85. There was foam in both filters so I'm assuming it got all the way to the injectors so I'm gonna pull them have them flow tested and cleaned. I already ordered new filter elements and o rings to service my filters
madman's240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #94
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Well some good news we got the injectors out this weekend and pull the lines and cell and flushed them. There was quite a bit of foam in the lines hopefully after the injectors get cleaned we will be back to 100%
Old 05-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #95
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awesome build. Can't wait to see it with the aero and wing.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:26 PM   #96
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
so you need a e85 resistant cell?? didn't know that it caused foam??
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:38 PM   #97
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
There's foam in the fuel cell to stop the fuel from sloshing around. The 85 broke down the foam inside.
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:21 PM   #98
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRex View Post
Awesome build. Can't wait to see it with the aero and wing.
Yeah its getting fixed up and painted atm .

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
so you need a e85 resistant cell?? didn't know that it caused foam??
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideslidegnarslide View Post
There's foam in the fuel cell to stop the fuel from sloshing around. The 85 broke down the foam inside.
Yeah the plastic cell inside the steel case is e85 compatible but apparently the foam wasn't. I'll be ordering e85 compatible foam this week
Old 05-03-2015, 10:16 PM   #99
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Found pretty good pics of the car from the event.

Out of boredom here's gas station pics from the trip to rd.2

Had to parrell park the rig at whataburger so we could get breakfast/dinner from pulling an all nighter driving to the event.

Here's a Lil transformation from when I got the car. To basically how it sits now

Last edited by madman's240; 05-06-2015 at 11:48 PM..
Old 05-10-2015, 05:38 PM   #100
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Well cleaning out the lines and cell, replacing the filter elements, and getting the injectors cleaned and flow tested fixed the issues. Got it turned up 16 psi currently once we get to the venue for rd.3 I'm gonna use the back straight to get it turned up to 24psi.

Also got some cfr 2200cfm fans to replace the Mishimoto 1150cfm fans luckily I was able swap the guts around so I didn't have to drill new holes in the metal shroud also bought the push through mounting hardware incase I need to mount the other fans as pushers for a Lil more airflow.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #101
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Ok so this weekend is rd.3 of our series. Yesterday we had a few issues after 4 run both my turbo and exhaust manifold gaskets decided to let go so me and my team ripped the car apart and got the copper gasket maker and a new turbo gasket put on just in time for qualifying. Went super conservative on my first run to lack of time on course second run I pushed harder to try to move up in order ended up shooting a 4ft flame out the blast pipes ended up 25th out of 40 ish driver ready to go into 32 battles today
Old 05-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #102
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Are you going to do any Aero?
Old 05-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #103
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Yes it's at my buddy's house that does body work on the side getting repaired and painted. It's a vertex knockoff kit
Old 05-20-2015, 02:26 PM   #104
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Can never go wrong with anything Vertex styled.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:46 PM   #105
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Right I can't wait till its done
Old 05-21-2015, 11:06 PM   #106
madman's240
Zilvia Member

I just realized I forgot to updated how everything went on Sunday.
Well after I made my post we checked over the car then track went hot at 9:30 made 1 run the car got felt amazing. I felt super in sync with it early entry good line and pretty close to the clipping points I should have quit while I was ahead went to make a few more runs ended up blowing another turbo gasket do to the copper gasket maker we used to help the seal due to the warped flange melted so we went and bought a mill file from the closet autoparts store and me my dad and brother took turns fileing away at the flange got it right put it together 30 mins before track was shut down for txsl top 16 I got a run in halfway through the run the car cutout like kit fell out of boost So I bailed went straight to my pit and started checking for leaks and only found a small leak from the head flange nothing we could do at this point so we parked then it started raining so we shut down did driver's meeting txsl hit the course. I decided to hit the small practice course since I've never driven the car in the rain kept breaking up worse so I went and grabbed the laptop and hooked it up and did some pulls and was hitting o2 lean and over boost codes so the car was going into limp mode as I pulled in my pits large amounts of smoke started coming out the exhaust so I think the wastegate might have seized shut killing the turbo so. I'm gonna tear down the exhaust side belt sand the flanges to make sure there not warped gonna get the flange for the tial 44mm welded on the manifold and finally get the gtx3076 put on and get the car ready to be retuned aswell as run compression test on the motor to make sure it's not hurt
Old 05-24-2015, 08:06 PM   #107
Maximo018

Trader Rating: (0)
Maximo018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn this car has come far.
Maximo018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:30 AM   #108
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

AzS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice looking car man. Sucks to have the luck you are with all the issues. I noticed you have a universal turn signal switch. I have been searching all over the internet for something and that is pretty much the only thing I could find. It looks huge like I imagined but I figure I'll ask how you like it anyway, so what's your 2 cents on it?
AzS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:09 PM   #109
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Honestly it's not that bad I use it when I drive the car on the streets by my house so it's sorta legal even though it's not tagged inspected or insured yet. I expected to have issues just trying to get everything ready for the off season so I can do alot of shakedown and get seat time in the car
Old 07-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #110
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Ok so I've been slacking on the build. After rd.3 I parked the car and haven't touch it till 2 days ago. I used the time away from the car to help out my friend will parsons finish his fd pro 2 sc300 to make it to Fd orlando in time.
This was the car 2 weeks before we had to load up leave for orlando

After alot of late nights from myself ,will and his dad, and the entire crew from Jtrans motorsports we got the car done by Tuesday afternoon when we had to be in Orlando by 4pm on Wednesday to make it for his tech appointment. So we packed up left houston at 11:30 PM and hauled ass all the way to Orlando only stopping for fuel and snack at truck stops.

Made it through tech and into practice on Thursday the car did great will did pretty good for his first time driving the car was at the track.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #111
madman's240
Zilvia Member

While I was gone my dad called asking if I wanted buy back our old project truck that we started back when I was in high school from his friend that we sold it to. Found out how much his friend wanted and jumped on it. It's not much to look at atm but I have big plans for it first thing is to strip the shitty paint that we had done but the painter flaked out in the middle of the job. Then it's getting a fresh coat of paint. planning on painting it the same color white as my sc.
Then I get some new wheels and tires and a bunch of lil upgrades.

Finally back to my sc. Got the exhaust side of the engine torn down to get the new turbo and wastegate setup on.

Got the new wastegate flanges welded on the manifold and dump tube thanks to Johnny from Jtrans motorsports

Going to get the manifold flanges milled on Monday so I won't have gasket issues again. Once the new gaskets get here I'll get the turbo mocked up so I can get the 90°elbow welded on the intake housing so it matches up to my ic piping
Old 08-28-2015, 12:31 PM   #112
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Well finally got everything milled and got the manifold and turbo installed. Then I finally got the correct elbow to weld onto my turbo to line up with my existing intercooler piping. Took the car yesterday and dropped it off to get it welded and get the downpipe modified to work with the gtx.

Also got my flex fuel sensor,pigtail and an fittings in.

Got everything mounted and plumbed. Once I get the car back I'll be wiring it up.

Also got the new pro efi i- boost controller still gotta wire it up when I get the car back then it will be ready to go get re-tuned for all the new upgrades.

And finally I got a few things to hopefully let it run cooler. First is a rivet on hood vent. The second is a pbm coolant swirl pot. After talking to a few of the Jz guys in fd they recommended that I get one so I gotta plumb it up after the car gets back.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:58 AM   #113
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Well I finally got the car back from my friend that did the elbow and downpipe modified. The car was gone for a month cause he got so backed up. Asoon as I got it back me and my brother started tearing into to get all the cooling system upgrades done.

While the car was gone I ordered a cheap overflow tank to get rid of the stock one that was just zip tied to my bash bar it showed up the day I picked the car up.

After playing around with some ideas we decided to mount the swirl pot and the overflow on the fan shroud. In the process we decided to space the fan shroud off the radiator some.

Finally after all that we got around to cutting the hood and mounting the vent.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:06 AM   #114
madman's240
Zilvia Member

I thought I had a few good after pics of the hood but I guess not I'll try to take some today or tomorrow.You can barely see it in the pics I have.

O yeah as you can see hiding in the back of the last pic I bought a 2nd Gen gs300 from a friend. To clean up for a daily since I'm trying to sell my 350z.
Threw on a set off my xxr's so I could give my friend his wheels back. I kinda like the stock height on 18's look.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #115
madman's240
Zilvia Member

As promised I finally got a few more pics of the hood vent the whites a Lil off because it's just rattle can white so it's not as glossy but it's good enough for now I'm working on getting the car wrapped this offseason.

Played around on forza and got my livery pretty close

Got around to mounting my pro efi I boost switch
Before

After

The car goes to d3 performance Monday to get retuned for the new setup
Old 10-27-2015, 10:58 PM   #116
madman's240
Zilvia Member

So my last trip to d3 was a bust I got carried away and put to big of a wastegate spring and the car was pushing 30+psi and blowing out the spark.

Well brought the car home changed to the spring setup my tuner recommended. Then I pulled the plugs to see if one was worse than the others (possible bad coil cause spark to blow out). To my suprize all 6 plugs were fouled then I got to thinking I ran the car on 93 cause I was originally going todo a flex fuel tune. But more places have e85 close to me now so I decided to stay straight ethanol. So I put in a new set of plugs called and rescheduled my tune.

Well today I finally got to hear my baby scream on the new turbo and boost controller setup.

The I-boost system from pro efi is amazing I can switch power settings literally by the turn of a knob.

It's make around 300 whp just on gate pressure (13.5psi)
All the way upto 495.8 whp and 500.3 ftlb tq on high boost (25psi)

I also finally sold my 350z. Well traded I ended up getting a offer I couldn't refuse a Sr s13 hatch and a pretty good amount of cash.
Unfortunately I took it to lonestar bash and broke it from going a Lil too hard. But I'm getting a deal on a built sr from a friend so I'll be making a build thread on the hatch pretty soon as me and my brother tear into it. Since the car will mostly be for him and for me to use for demo's and other events.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #117
sleeper108
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
sleeper108 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
It was nice meeting you last weekend man! (It's Stephen Leeper from the pit next to Ajay) Glad to see your SC is running and hopefully smoothly from here on out.
sleeper108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:40 PM   #118
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper108 View Post
It was nice meeting you last weekend man! (It's Stephen Leeper from the pit next to Ajay) Glad to see your SC is running and hopefully smoothly from here on out.
Yeah same here. I wish the Sr wouldn't have went so early so we could have had more fun the track just dried up by the time it started knocking. But we're getting a built sr here within the hr and gonna rip it to it to check it out before we drop it in.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:14 PM   #119
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
nice work so far... could lower the sc just a little... but great work
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:25 PM   #120
madman's240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
nice work so far... could lower the sc just a little... but great work
It doesn't like lower than its at now the car squats like crazy under acceleration it starts to rub at this height if I plant and go. I'd hate to see how much it's gonna squat on run in on high boost.