Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:51 PM   #1
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Clutch Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutch Dog
Project: BB-e AKA "DEragon Lady"

Where to begin.
I'm 25..?... (1,2,3..) Yeah 25 years old now and have been on Zilvia since my very first car a 1993 Black 240sx with a CA swap, since then I have had

1993 S13 Coupe with KA Eventually sold, then was drifted into a wall and parted out
2002 Subaru WRX, that crashed on an offramp at 35, back end skid around, police report no guilt. Bought back and parted out
1999 BMW M3, lost my license with and moved across the country, sold to a rich kid who's porsche driving father wanted his kid to drive something not his porsche..
1991 Foxbody 5.0 LX with a bad trans, fixed trans decided... didnt like the red interior sold because I found...
a 2001 Subaru 2.5RS coupe, modified intensively to make 171 whp (NA on a ej251) and later was lent to a roomate who crashed it. Bought back and parted out out of disgust
1988 Mazda RX7 picked up ran and then traded it for a
1998 Subaru Forester, picked up sti seat swapped it, lifted it a little and sold it
Then bought a friends "shell" 1996 S14 in LN1 the 1uz project some of you might recall. Sold that to biohazard racing and they are racing around with it ( HUGE MISTAKE I REGRET IT TO THIS DAY)
and Currently and more recently.... after getting back from deployment number three and having three other cars found this basted

(should note those where just my toy cars, for dailies I have had a 96 crown vic, 2006 grand marquis, 2007 Charger r/t and now im driving a 2006 Honda accord coupe v6 manual.. and I AM LOVING IT..)

Anyways back to the current car

BB-E or Evil BB

With front lip that'll need to be painted and fogs that I have yet to see if they work

Some bad road rash two owners ago. that'll be pulled and bondo/filler'd

CHOPPED!!

you can see the exhaust is rusting out and yes. +5 hp

Not bad for a 230k mile engine bay. in fact this solely was the reason for picking it up

Now come with the questions. What to do with it. Good question, Among the list of things to do. Supercharged KA ( already bought the kit..) Vhate swap. (Fries if you are out there. I love you, I miss you and please apologize to your mother) SR swap it ( I do not actually like this idea) or do something with the KA

Now while you ponder on what I am going to do, Ill just tell you.
I want to run this car with as little down time as possible, that said, it is a toy car, so it will have down time. And I expect it to have alot of problems (read, it will have/already has problems) So what did you guess?

Yup, I'm going to build an NA KA. But not just any NA build. I'm going to be following the SCCA DSP sport rules, as closely as amicably possible. That said, I know what to expect from the crowds of boo's and hisses. The KA is a lousey motor by today's standard. I know. I have a 2015 Duratec DI motor sitting on my engine stand that has 23k miles on it and makes 180hp... while being .4 liters smaller.

BUT that wont stop me.

What will though are the issues.
So as of this morning ( read day two of me actually being home to drive it)
I've compiled a short list of things that need to be replaced/fixed/swapped/forgottenaboutinhopesit'llfixitself

First and foremost It's an auto

[_]5 Speed swap (from 93 KA)
[_] Idle is set at 550 and dies when not in neutral ---> IACV cleaning and go from there
[_] Broken Wheel Stud ---> replace with ARP units (part numbers later)
[_] Ebrake doesnt work --> Brake swap (Z32 brakes from dude on here)
[_] Headlamps do not align ---> New crash bar, new lamps and side lenses
[_] Door sags --> remove hinges inspect bushing and replace/adjust
[_] That nissan stank --> Black Ice air freshener
[_] Pass side window switch does not operate ( Drivers controls for both sides work though... weird I know)
[_] Rear Defog apparently doesnt work (havent driven it long enough in the morning to see if it does.)
[_] Foglamps may or may not work
[_] KA has 230k miles compresses at 180,170, 120, 180 --> Rebuild other KA
[_] Front and Rear Bumpers have holes and gashes in them ( women...) --> ?
[_] Paint sucks --> Roll with it. Actually getting it washed and Im going to do a light polish and see if i cant bring out the black. in the photos its just dusty from sitting for 7 months
[_] Check A/C for operation
[_] Check Radio for operation
[_] Check driver for operation

... and thats not even talking about aftermarket parts yet...

I do have a build sheet I will post later on I guess
the Good news is I did put a new set of Dunlop DZ102's on. while they arent the best in their category the pricing was right and with the rebate and mounting it was all under 400 bucks so I am not complaining. That said I did get a guy in the area who has a set of R32 rims, (GTS.. not GTR) but I like the way they look, they are lighter and my tires will mount straight over.

I will keep updating the first post here with more stuff I find wrong ( because I will) and let you guys know how I fixed everything. Hoping to get the manual swap done and wired up by the end of september for now.