Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-05-2004, 12:41 AM   #1
707Sil80

Trader Rating: (0)
707Sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
who plays d2?

Am I the only loser that plays diablo 2 expansion on USEAST?
707Sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2004, 01:25 AM   #2
nocomedown
Zilvia FREAK!

nocomedown has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to nocomedown
yes, but don't worry, we won't tell your girlfriend
nocomedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 02:51 AM   #3
link240
Zilvia Member

link240 is an unknown quantity at this point
i've been thinking about starting again. do alot of people still hack?
link240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
kcolyer27
BANNED

kcolyer27 is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend plays. Just to make money, he knows how to level up to the max within 2-3 days then he sells the account for liek 200 bucks.
kcolyer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:48 PM   #5
anthony240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
anthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anthony240
hacks drove me away from that game. but it is a great way to make money, $1000 for some piece of data? dam.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #6
cali240sxdrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

cali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cali240sxdrifter
hah, i almost failed all my classes in my 11th grade yr in HS. That shit was addicating! i had a level 63 paliden and a lvl 44 Barbian within 2 months. I sold them for a good chunck of change.

Garage - 00 S2000, 09 BMW M3 Sedan, 17 Tacoma, 09 BMW Wagon
cali240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 04:56 PM   #7
JtWo
Zilvia Addict

JtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the roughJtWo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to JtWo
Diablo......that stuff scares me.......lets make a XBOX CS meet =]
Old 07-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #8
cali240sxdrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

cali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond repute
CS on Xbox, deargod i still can't believe they made it to the xbox, should have used all that energy and helped with finishing HL2

Old 07-06-2004, 09:42 AM   #9
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
i've been off and on d2 since it came out. right now its v1.10 and if you haven't played in a while its quite a bit different then what you'd remember... in particular they're trying to crack down hard on hacks (while people's opinions of their success varies). also they added synergy and skill bonus, new items as always and stuff like diabloclone and random monster spawn in some places (no longer act/area specific).

my gf's little brother & friends are pretty hardcore about the game. i mostly play with my gf and sometimes with her bro. i also play USA-East, hardcore ladder only. right now they're about to reset the ladder for the next season so not much point playing right now.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:54 PM   #10
Klah Kalash

Klah Kalash is an unknown quantity at this point
Man i started playing again like a couple of weeks ago and I've already stopped.

I don't get how these level 10ish guys are running around trading uniques that you probably normally woudn't get until nightmare. Hacks? Mule accounts? I don't know, but it's irritating.
Klah Kalash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:51 PM   #11
0kami
Zilvia Member

0kami is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 0kami
You guy's wine too much about hacks... heres your solution, play single player, find some friends that want to join an organized game threw TCP/IP, that's all, I play with 3 friends I personally know, and I would be more then happy to join up with some people over the net as long as they don't hack.
I just reached level 55 with my assassin, I used to play with the Paladin, never really got into the other class's, sense my car broke down I picked the game up again to keep my mind occupied, it's pretty addicting, even after playing it like 700 times, the assassin rules too, my buddy with his druid brags about his bear... took me 2-3 hits to kill it and accidently killed my friend cause he attempted to get near me, he was 3 levels under me lmao. Assassins have ridiculous damage.

wow... just realized something, all 3 of us kindda got back into the game do to ALL of our 240's fucking up LMAO.

The most interesting, most challenging, and scariest times are those that bring one dramatic change after another.
deviantART
0kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #12
0kami
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klah Kalash
I don't get how these level 10ish guys are running around trading uniques that you probably normally woudn't get until nightmare. Hacks? Mule accounts? I don't know, but it's irritating.
I call them pack rats, usually they follow high level characters into difficult areas and as others kill they pick up rare items, takes away from the game, but so do hacks.

The most interesting, most challenging, and scariest times are those that bring one dramatic change after another.
deviantART
Old 07-06-2004, 05:05 PM   #13
citizen
Zilvia FREAK!

citizen is making a name for him/her selfcitizen is making a name for him/her selfcitizen is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to citizen
d2 is so old, get a new game. i've been playing bf1942 recently. gotta love sniping allies and how agnry the germans sound. ACHTUNG@! anyways, my name is Baron Von Buttermuffins and ill be playing on ea184 caen, come if you want to get your ass shot off repeatedly.
citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:27 PM   #14
cali240sxdrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

Wonder if you guys heard the news about the new anti-cheating software they are going to be putting in games now. It sends info specs on what hardware you have and the id number towards that hardware. Its like a fingerprint every different hardware you have in your computer is completely different to the rest of the words computer hardware. Then it goes into a server that shuts u down from ever playing that server or the whole game I believe. Its part of a contract that you have to agree with in order to play online and on the servers so its legal. If you change all ur hardware items and forget one piece to replace it will detect that hardware and then will sign up the rest of the new hardware into the cheating server. I think its a awesome idea which should be in use especially within the upcoming HLS game.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:25 PM   #15
G_Fish240
Zilvia Addict

G_Fish240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to G_Fish240 Send a message via AIM to G_Fish240 Send a message via Yahoo to G_Fish240
Im on US WEST, non expansion though

MakotoS13: Spreading BS and being an ass on zilvia since June 2004
G_Fish240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:41 PM   #16
oojpeeoo
Zilvia Junkie

oojpeeoo is an unknown quantity at this point
i used 2 play on uswest until the patch came out and deleted all my beautiful hexing charms and white items...hehehe...i was watchin my friend play the new one and it seems as though they made just about every character good in a pk...his druid was owning just about everthing and when i used 2 play druids were the most useless pk characters in the game
oojpeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:02 AM   #17
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0kami
You guy's wine too much about hacks... heres your solution, play single player, find some friends that want to join an organized game threw TCP/IP, that's all, I play with 3 friends I personally know, and I would be more then happy to join up with some people over the net as long as they don't hack.
I just reached level 55 with my assassin, I used to play with the Paladin, never really got into the other class's, sense my car broke down I picked the game up again to keep my mind occupied, it's pretty addicting, even after playing it like 700 times, the assassin rules too, my buddy with his druid brags about his bear... took me 2-3 hits to kill it and accidently killed my friend cause he attempted to get near me, he was 3 levels under me lmao. Assassins have ridiculous damage.
hacking is part of the game... playing on tcp/ip is gay. the *only* way to play d2 is on b.net, hardcore ladder for duel/pk. people get to lvl 70+ so ridiculously fast the game is pointless otherwise. fastest lvl 1-99 was under 24 hours. typically any1 who knows how to play and puts a bit of time in can get to lvl 70+ in under a week.

lvl 10 ppl have rares and uniques b/c they kno how to play. they have high lvl characters (friends or their other chars) magic find gear for them... the point is to build up a char fast for pking and dueling. going thru the acts and lvling up your character should be NOT the focus of d2...
Old 07-07-2004, 10:30 AM   #18
0kami
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy
hacking is part of the game... playing on tcp/ip is gay. the *only* way to play d2 is on b.net, hardcore ladder for duel/pk. people get to lvl 70+ so ridiculously fast the game is pointless otherwise. fastest lvl 1-99 was under 24 hours. typically any1 who knows how to play and puts a bit of time in can get to lvl 70+ in under a week.

lvl 10 ppl have rares and uniques b/c they kno how to play. they have high lvl characters (friends or their other chars) magic find gear for them... the point is to build up a char fast for pking and dueling. going thru the acts and lvling up your character should be NOT the focus of d2...
You can build a char for pking but I seriously doubt the build is going to help you get more out of the game, usually pk builds focus on a one or 2 high level skills which if your LUCKY can take out more then 1 moster at the time, for example, holy bolt on the paladin, it wasn't as effective threw hell as it would be threw pking any other player, or my assasins dragon tail, it can kill multiple enemys around me and hit the main target with a great amount of damage, but its no where near as much damage as dragon flight would be, but dragon flight only focuses on 1 enemy at the time, so explain this, how the fuck would someone go about leveling up and enjoying the game if your only focus is to pk?

try to play the game by yourself and stop waiting for someone to hand you down exp points, and you'll find it more of a challenge and worth your money.

deviantART
Old 07-07-2004, 10:48 AM   #19
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0kami
You can build a char for pking but I seriously doubt the build is going to help you get more out of the game, usually pk builds focus on a one or 2 high level skills which if your LUCKY can take out more then 1 moster at the time, for example, holy bolt on the paladin, it wasn't as effective threw hell as it would be threw pking any other player, or my assasins dragon tail, it can kill multiple enemys around me and hit the main target with a great amount of damage, but its no where near as much damage as dragon flight would be, but dragon flight only focuses on 1 enemy at the time, so explain this, how the fuck would someone go about leveling up and enjoying the game if your only focus is to pk?

try to play the game by yourself and stop waiting for someone to hand you down exp points, and you'll find it more of a challenge and worth your money.
LOL. ok man whatever. #1 asn is my fav class so don't tell me how to build pk or dueling asn. that is NOT how u mass kill or max dmg a melee asn... max dmg from melee asn to one monster is tiger strike + any finisher u want (or even a standard attack finisher)... at lvl 20 u should be doing 1k+ dmg easily. for masses you use either phoenix strike + dragon tail or a combo of whatever finisher u want.

of course its not about pumping one skill as the skill cap is 20 points... plus ur quest bonus u can max 4 or skills and still have plenty leftovers for personalizaiton and skill requirements. there's different strategy of pk or duel for different lvls of ur char. for instance my friend likes to keep a variety for different challenges : i.e. lvl 9 pk/dueler (yes lvl 9 dueler... he routinely kills anything under 20...), lvl 30ish, lvl 60ish and a high lvl 90ish. i dunno maybe u have the wrong idea of pking... i'm not talking about a lvl 80 walking intoa game full of 20s and killing every1. i mean taking ur lvl 9 asn and walking all over a lvl 25ish char. hardcore only = die once and ur char is gone. that's what makes the game interesting...

lvling is formulaic. start up. lvl 6-12 tristram. 12-18 wherever... 18-25 arcane... 25 + bloody hills... do cows for a bit. in a couple of days ur gonna be lvl 50 or so. this isn't powerlvling... this is just playing LEGIT regular b-net public games. tell me to play thru the game act by act? did that already 100 times before. its not fun anymore. that's why i say the MEAT of d2 is in the char build strategies and how you play it in duels. pvm mass killing chars that have gone thru hell and back are cookie cutter. for duel, just for assasin... you have kicksin, ww asn, stunlock asn, trapsin, duel claw etc... different variations of these builds and new strategies being thought up all the time. if you played as long as me and some other ppl there is no fun in going through the game for the hundreth time. for what? to get to high levels? the story? remember most ppl who are good done it already many many times.

in other words... if there wasn't dueling and hardcore ladder d2 wouldn't still be around today.

edit : holy typos. fuck i typed a whole essay. work sucks.