Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Acidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 Ford GT : Project Silver Bullet

Customer decided to make a build thread on the Ford GT forum so ill repost for everyone.

Let me welcome you all to my 06 Ford GT Project Silver Bullet

I have been beside myself for the last few months deciding what spin I should be putting on my GT. I have been back and forth with turbo options, clutch options, built motor and even if I should keep the blower or not. I decided that the best option right now is to run the bigger pulley on the blower and get a set of turbos to make my supercharged twin turbo setup come alive. The motor will be built over the winter and game plan is to possibly just run with the twins and remove the blower for a custom intake plenum.

I have contacted a local shop called Centerline Motorsports to help me with my Silver Bullet project and these guys seem to be more on board about this car than I am. I have seen some of their work first hand and I am truly impressed and think these guys are more than fit for this project. These guys keep things truly organized and maintain a clean shop which is key for me, which was a big selling factor on my side. These guys even have their own in house CNC which helps aid in any one off parts they need to produce for the GT.

Now that everyone knows the direction I want to take with my GT , I did manage to hit the dyno before I dropped her off. I was really happy with my numbers 632 RWHP and 586 RWTQ, I added the dyno graph so everyone can see how the car performs. The pull was done on a DynoJet and the blower is currently running a 17psi pulley. This graph will help serve as a base for when we compare current setup to the new setup.

I will have more updates tomorrow with turbo selection and more project info. here is some pictures and a Video...http://youtu.be/vQt2rHeG6wI

Acidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
I'm soo looking forward to this build ,200+mph 1000hp or bust!

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Nice and all but shouldnt this be in Off Topic since its not S-chassis related?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Acidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the roughAcidz is a jewel in the rough
These guys are truly inspirational.

I head over to Centerline Motorsports to check on some progress to find them working away. They have removed almost the complete rear of the car to allow the proper access needed. It’s really still a tight squeeze between the frame and the headers. It seems as if they are ready to move onto the building process of the car which I’m super excited for.

The selection of the turbo is a big deciding factor when it comes down to a project like this or any project for that matter. After reviewing a few of the current setups on some of the GTs running around it made the decision somewhat easier to get my optimal setup. I first started with a set of Precision 62-65 turbos which I feel would have worked out great, but then I received a call from Harry at Precision and he sent me a set of 64-66 turbos. I was one of the first people to get my hands on set which is really a great privilege and alongside these turbos I will be running Precision wastegates and Tial BOV.

The next step in this build will be the custom set of turbo headers made from Stainless steel 1.750 .065 wall tubing with ½ stainless flanges. The headers should be a nice touch to this setup alongside everything else that must be fabricated to complete this build. I honestly can’t wait to see the end result of all this work getting done on silver bullet, also the first drive should be very interesting.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
13esim
Leaky Injector

13esim is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, don't see a Ford GT build everyday. Nice.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #6
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13esim View Post
Wow, don't see a Ford GT build everyday. Nice.
you probably see them all the time on ford GT forums.....oh yea this isn't one.
Move this plz.....blue ovals
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Small update…

Header Mug Shot! I’ll get into more detail later once both sides are finished and ready to go.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
BryanS14
Leaky Injector

BryanS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you seen Dan Shonecks Procharged GT?
Old 07-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damn this is DIFFERENT but very nice to see you didn't throw an SR20 in it haha

Keep it up.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
this guy is paying a shop to do all the work. not impressed
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
If I had a Ford GT I would be paying a shop to do all the work to? That's not just car you tear apart in your garage.
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #12
nate1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
nate1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
greenwood who cares this is good stuff
nate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
Tle1993
Zilvia Member

Tle1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
I'm soo looking forward to this build ,200+mph 1000hp or bust!
im with his guy!! cant wait tell i see this beast done and tearing shit up!
Tle1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
you know since Stage 6 has been building twin turbo'd ford GT's for a while now. you could just order the stuff instead of reinventing the wheel.

I think they called theirs the GTTT.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #15
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
this build is sweet!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
Superaison
Leaky Injector

Superaison is an unknown quantity at this point
this is full of win. subscribed.
Superaison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #17
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
this guy is paying a shop to do all the work. not impressed
It's called sweat equity. For some it's low, for others it's high. I'm sure he has more better things to do then take apart this car in his garage...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Moving along….

One header has almost reached full completion. The collector needs a nice buff like the runners and the springs have to be welded to the collector and runner. They will be running 2 springs on each header for removal purposes. The second header has been all tacked together and ready to be fully welded which is something of an update I plan to have for you guys next.

I noticed in a post above I didn’t mention that each header starts with a 1 7/8 tube and then its stepped down to a 1 ¾ tube about 1inch away from the head flange. This was done due to the size of the port. The header has been fully backpurged and port work has been done after completion of welding all the runners to the head flange. I will get more pictures in the days to come of the port work.

They also got around to getting somewhat an idea of turbo placement, which should look reasonably well placed under the clam shell. This placement I feel is ideal for mounting support and also I prefer to see the turbos then to keep them hidden...

Anyways I’ll be back soon with more updates…..stay posted!

Old 07-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #19
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Imagine if you built a 240, it would be epic
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #20
funnyscreenname
Leaky Injector

funnyscreenname is an unknown quantity at this point
sub'd

i like the diversity of this site already but seeing this entirely different build is great. makes me wanna check out what others are doing to their GT's. can't wait to see what's next.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #21
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Imagine if you built a 240, it would be epic
he did build a 240sx and it was Epic..

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/173472-project-s14-240sx.html

enjoy...

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #22
Acidz
Zilvia Member

lmao turbo2nr thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #23
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
These are getting really expensive.

I've seen them for close to 200% of original MSRP with real miles on them, it's nuts.

Very few supercars lately have been appreciating, but these just skyrocketed. They did seem "underpriced" from factory though, compared to the competition.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #24
funnyscreenname
Leaky Injector

funnyscreenname is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganRunner View Post
These are getting really expensive.

I've seen them for close to 200% of original MSRP with real miles on them, it's nuts.

Very few supercars lately have been appreciating, but these just skyrocketed. They did seem "underpriced" from factory though, compared to the competition.
i was thinking the same thing. when they came out i thought they were gonna be a few hundred k. they have alotta history but, the price wasn't over the top. can't say that about other supercars.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #25
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Delays and progress.

So…I know we have been lacking a long needed update, but things have been a bit crazy with my current business Performance Auto Carrier and also with the gents over at Centerline Motorsports. They have been in a hectic state as they have pushed to complete a whole shop move in less than four days. I think it’s a bit crazy that they set a deadline like that for such a big move, but let’s face it they did it… as you can see in the pictures below not only did they move everything into the new shop they also built a new mezzanine. It makes you think sometimes how much you can really get done if you have the dedication to make things happen.

Next on the block was trying to get placement of the turbo’s in the rear end of the car. After playing with the idea and contemplating about turbo placement, I decided that I wanted to place the turbo’s lower in the car and in Hines sight keeping the center of gravity in an ideal location. The picture below has brackets (rods + Plates) holding the placement of the turbo and that’s the testing stage before they moved to the next mounting bracket (All Plate) which they were satisfied with and now have it being transformed into a 3D rendering that will be made out of billet aluminum which I will be posting a picture as soon as they release it to me.

The header is about 99.9% as all its missing is the tabs and springs going from the collector to the runners.

As we continue along this update you might be thinking to yourself well this car needs a clutch and maybe some wheels well…..you’re in luck. I don’t have any fancy pictures like Centerline or anything as these are 100% cell phone pictures, but I will try and get some better pictures of the wheels once they are on the car. Below is a nice set of I Forged wheels and AP Racing clutch.

Since placement of the turbo’s seem to be 100% where I want them now they have moved forward into creating the air inlet section to be routed into the stock air box which to most may look like a challenging task, but for these guys they just truly create some magic. Here you can see the start of an idea and the final part on the bench, I will try and get a picture of this intake pipe mounted on the turbo to give everyone a better understand on how trick I think this looks.

The Complete package starting to take some shape….Seeing the up pipe off the header just gets me excited!

As we come to the end of this update I hope that I can bring everyone some more updates quicker as I’m sure everyone is just as excited as I am to see the final product and hear the GT roar to life.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #26
Acidz
Zilvia Member

I managed to get the images of the 3D rendered bracket quicker than expected and as promised here it is. I can’t wait to have this cut out and put onto my car.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #27
Maikeru5
Leaky Injector

Maikeru5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn. I love the Ford GT. This should look and sound amazing when done.
Maikeru5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #28
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Shit is gonna be so dope
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #29
SongsiiSoon

SongsiiSoon is an unknown quantity at this point
All I can say is WOW!!!!!
SongsiiSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #30
Acidz
Zilvia Member

Placement

As the days go by I get excited to get into the driver seat of my car once again, but also I get sad as fall is upon us now…. I know these things take time and the biggest factor that’s holding this back right now is getting the billet aluminum parts made. The drawings are complete and just waiting to hear on a price for machining time.

Also some of you may notice that the transmission mount is bent, these guys will also be fixing that issue. I had to use it as a temporary replacement.

The wastegates both setup and ready to get mounted onto the up pipes. The exhaust has been placed together and tack welded into place for fitment and style. The exhaust tips are the only part missing. I honestly think this exhaust setup just looks fantastic and it’s exactly what I asked for. These guys do fantastic work! On the turbos you can see the air intake pipes taking shape on both sides; these will be routed back into the stock air box.

I also drove out my lambo to these guys and started playing around with the idea of getting a twin turbo setup done. I think we shall move onto the lambo once the GT is finished...