Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
_clean_s14

Trader Rating: (0)
_clean_s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 s14 trans probs..need help

so its been about a month since i have driven my car, not due to simply having snow and salt on the roads but im having a transmission issue.

i have a a 95 s14 se with a KA24DE. it was swapped frim auto to 5 speed.
it all started one night when i was racing a dude on the highway. i never had any issues with the trans untill that night. as i got thru the gears i got to 5th and t wouldnt so in.. the shifter would to into the 5th gear position but wouldnt catch or engage...

i drove the car home parked it and toyed around. in the midst of trying to mes with it to go into 5th i realized it wouldnt go into reverse either.

so i kept messsing with it and it finaly went in reverse so i backed out and drove around to try and get 5th..i got it into 5th once and after that i drove back home and tried again fr 5th and reverse and couldnt get neither of them.

now my car is stuck in neutral, it wont go into any forward gears OR reverse..

i have been told it would be cause by some bolts with springs behind them on the side of the trans backing themselves out? i have no clue and i have also been told that on the bottom of the shifter theres a rubber/plastic bushincg type thing that could have broken fallen off or what not.. thanks for reading and thanks for your help.

im new to the forum so any info is greatly appreciated!
_clean_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links