Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 06-20-2003, 04:14 PM   #1
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
July Chicago 240SX Meet

Well little discussion has already been made on when the next 240 meet will be. So I am just going to throw out the date we were thinking about and see if you guys will be available.

Well Sunday, July 27th is the date we are looking at. It is the weekend before the convention so I guess that way for those coming we can discuss whatever.

So unless if something big is happening that day we'll go with that date. Next on the list is location. We have a few choices. Either go to where the June meet was (miami woods), or go to the lakefront again. It doesn't really bother me which we go to, as long as there is space I'm happy.

Also a few people wanted to have a bbq, so I guess we can set that up to, who would be willing to bring a grill, and who would be willing to grill?

We can either have people sign up to bring things, or we can have a few people just buy a bunch of stuff and reimburse them.

So let the discussions begin, any things you want to add or change be my guest.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2003, 02:56 PM   #2
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
west burbs sounds good to me, closer to home . One of these days I'll go driving around to find a spot near a highway.

Location don't matter to me, its all about the cars, and as long as its not too far.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:29 AM   #3
MI SO FST
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
MI SO FST will become famous soon enoughMI SO FST will become famous soon enoughMI SO FST will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MI SO FST Send a message via Yahoo to MI SO FST
Just let me know where.

Also any of you 4 lug 240's want to buy some rims? let me know. I have BBS's and OZ's. Email me.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:05 PM   #4
JDM180SX
Zilvia Member

JDM180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Coolio

I'm up for a meet at the end of the month. Allows for some time in between meets. And location isn't a biggie for me. Actually, I wouldn't mind a change. Let's me get lost in a new area every once in a while...

-Eddy
Old 06-25-2003, 09:50 AM   #5
PooPoo240
Zilvia Member

PooPoo240 will become famous soon enoughPooPoo240 will become famous soon enoughPooPoo240 will become famous soon enoughPooPoo240 will become famous soon enough
sounds good.

lakefront off lakeshore sounds nice. or even by the lake in Evanston.
PooPoo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:07 AM   #6
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Lets put it this way, first person to give an actual location name, and a location (closest corner, or address if it has one) basically gets it. Also if you could go and check this sunday and see if is a super busy spot or not (around 1).

Don't matter where, as long as its in or around Chicago.

Right now I have two places in mind but I need to go and check them out soon.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:18 AM   #7
MI SO FST
Zilvia Junkie

MI SO FST will become famous soon enoughMI SO FST will become famous soon enoughMI SO FST will become famous soon enough
i think the best plavce to have it is where the june meet was. Its not as busy as the other places that i have checked out before. There is also enough parking for everyone.

Last edited by MI SO FST; 06-25-2003 at 11:22 AM..
MI SO FST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:19 AM   #8
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
I'm trying to think of a good west burbs spot. The problem is, everything here is private property, no large parks that are public than I can think of off the top of my head.

Maybe Naperville's riverwalk. I'll look into that.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:28 AM   #9
MMalatesta

MMalatesta is an unknown quantity at this point
What about bussy wood by woodfeild mall. everyone knows where that is..
MMalatesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 11:28 AM   #10
matt0941
Zilvia Member

matt0941 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to matt0941
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Guys can we place the meet one week earlier, I leave on the 21st! And I was looking forward to unveiling (possibly but not probably) my goodies under the hood!
Old 06-25-2003, 11:32 AM   #11
MI SO FST
Zilvia Junkie

i think busse will be tooooooooo busy.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:48 AM   #12
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

About the date, it doesn't bother me if its changed. Only reason that date was given was to give people time. If everyone else is fine with the date change its fine with me.

About location Art is right that Miami Woods is a great place, mainly due to that specific spot being empty on Sundays, most of the busy parts in that area are in the other sections.

Busse Woods is always busy, and believe it or not you are supposed to pay to rent it out. Something like 40 bucks.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:29 PM   #13
matt0941
Zilvia Member

LoL James!

Ok sorry for F***ING UP EVERYTHING, but how about a BBQ!?!?!

Cause seriously it give us something to do and makes it worth the drive. It kills me to see people eating McDonalds at 240 meets, everyone wants to eat so lets BBQ!.

They do it at the honda-tech meets and they are a huge hit, just try to bring atleast one thing: whether it be pop in a cooler, buns, meat, chips, silverware, etc.

What do you guys think? (And honda-tech meet only had one small *** grill and they fed like 45 people).

And my brother drives a honda, so no flaming! (well I guess you could flame for that alone, but hey...)
Old 06-26-2003, 04:08 PM   #14
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

I am all up for grilling, always adds to the meet, plus brings in the free loaders . We have to have some people bring certain things though, at least to some extent or we'll have lots of raw meat with no grill .

So who wants to bring a grill and meat?? I'll bring a few boxes of krispy kremes .

Lastly what date are we doing this on? The last sunday of the month or the second to last sunday? Or Matt can you come on the last one?
Old 06-26-2003, 11:01 PM   #15
rps13kid
Zilvia Junkie

rps13kid is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to rps13kid Send a message via MSN to rps13kid Send a message via Yahoo to rps13kid
just let us know when and us green bay guys plus some will be there...
Old 06-26-2003, 11:05 PM   #16
DuffMan
Post Whore!

I was thinking of buying a small grill and if I do I'll bring it.

That guy with the white s14 who was at the all nissan meet had one, but I dont remember his name.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:25 PM   #17
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by James
About Honda's: I think most of us either own or have owned a Honda of some kind or definitely have a friend who does. We're all "car guys" - and midwest people are pretty tolerant of things and laid back. Only hating I've seen are from 16 year olds who don't even own a 240sx and make fun of ricers/honda's (oh, Kid, I didn't mean you, )
Lol i'm 17 and own a 240 so it all good.

I never had hate for hondas when I was 16 and didn't own a 240.

And ya there will definately be at least one more meet, just depends on how quick old man winter wants to visit
Old 06-27-2003, 04:39 PM   #18
DuffMan
Post Whore!

I dont hate Hondas, well I hate CR-V's. I mean, how does making a civic 1 ft higher off the ground and $5000 more make it a better car?
Old 06-30-2003, 03:37 PM   #19
matt0941
Zilvia Member

How does July 20th sound to you guys? It lands on a Sunday.

I am leaving for one month to study in Krakow, Poland.

As far as meat and grills go... Do you guys have a location that you think has atleast one grill?

Because at the honda-tech meet the park that they selected had abundant grills/bathrooms/benches. I think all we would really need is a grill and a bench to sit on, the rest (meat + drinks + etc) would fall into place rather easily.
Old 06-30-2003, 04:04 PM   #20
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by matt0941
How does July 20th sound to you guys? It lands on a Sunday.

I am leaving for one month to study in Krakow, Poland.

As far as meat and grills go... Do you guys have a location that you think has atleast one grill?

Because at the honda-tech meet the park that they selected had abundant grills/bathrooms/benches. I think all we would really need is a grill and a bench to sit on, the rest (meat + drinks + etc) would fall into place rather easily.
I am fine with pushing it up a week. And We don't have to go somewhere where there is a grill. Just as long as someone brings one. Duffman said he might. If not him I am sure someone has a small grill that'll fit in thier car.

Then food is brought by whoever. I will be glad to pitch in and reimburse some of the money (some not all) to whoever is willing to buy and bring it. Or maybe a few people can just go to th meet a little early and head up the street to the dominicks on dempster and wuakegan and buy some stuff. Another plus to having the meet there (dominicks bieng close).

Looks like I should have my car whenever I decide to pick it up (most likely this weekend), so you all will finally get to see it in person, after all these meets in minivans and camrys
Old 07-02-2003, 01:33 PM   #21
matt0941
Zilvia Member

Yea no more minivans!

As for the barbeque dealio I think that the right think to do would just be that everyone the day before post what they are bringing. Say 10 people post: Ill bring drinks in a cooler, ill bring cups and plates, ill bring meat, ill bring buns, etc.

Its alot easier than it sounds, and all we would have to do would be stop at dominicks right before you get there, bada bing bada boom!

Yay Barbeque!
Old 07-02-2003, 06:15 PM   #22
DuffMan
Post Whore!

I suppose this would be a good time to ask, is anyone else from chicago or any near by area thinking of going to the convention?
Old 07-03-2003, 11:39 AM   #23
matt0941
Zilvia Member

Ok well David from Touge Factory (that weird guy who always drives a 4runner to the meets) is finally coming in handy!

He said he has a big old grille that he will haul in that big old car of his to the meet!

Ok joking aside he does have a kicka** car that he is working on right now!

Last edited by matt0941; 07-03-2003 at 11:42 AM..
matt0941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 02:45 PM   #24
uiuc240
Nissanaholic!

uiuc240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to uiuc240
Ooh Ooh Ooooh!!! Pick me! Pick me!!!

I live in Naperville now and my apartment building has a bunch of bigass parking lots right near it. And the building has a deck with two nice grills we can use. I volunteer my place (it's at 5th Ave. Station in Naperville).

Well, let me know.

Eric
Old 07-03-2003, 03:18 PM   #25
matt0941
Zilvia Member

Ohhhhh, not bad. So do the decks overlook the parking lot where we would have the cars cause that would be bada**! Ok I am just dreaming. But if you want to volunteer your place than props to you, but you have to commit to it!

Now if we could just get a rollcall on who is going, and which you would rather like (the park or the apartment idea) that would help alot.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:35 PM   #26
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

As long as there is plenty of space (not sure ehow many cars but expect around 25-30 cars I guess) in the parking lots and you are 110% sure you will be available that day I would love to have it over in naperville, only a few minutes from me.

We should make a decision soon.

So as of now July 20th at UIUCs place. Unless if someone can make a legit reason on not to do either one of those in the next day or so, then we can make that final. Then start arrangining bbq stuff.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:43 AM   #27
matt0941
Zilvia Member

Yes, speak now or forever hold your peice... of BBQ chicken.

But if anyone really has a "better" idea speak up because I think we should really get this nailed down.

1) Make sure no one has any objections to the naperville area.
2) Make sure UIUC is positive about allowing it at his place on July 20th.

Just gotta get those two outta the way.
Old 07-04-2003, 04:27 PM   #28
JDM180SX
Zilvia Member

JDM180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Ummm, yeah....

Naperville sounds good. Just keep us all updated to make sure its a go for sure. And let us know what to bring. Buns, Meat, Pop, PS2 (I might be able to snag my friends Jap PS2 and his copy of Initial D)...what have you.

*Semi-Thread Jack* I'm lookin for a 91+ Front bumper from a 240SX...w/lip would be awesome...anyone who might have joined the Silvia front group buy and is gonna be selling their front let me know (PM or E-mail at [email protected])...I'd be happy to buy it at the meet. =)

-Eddy
Old 07-04-2003, 06:23 PM   #29
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Talk to Art (MI SO FST), I don't know if he got the front end yet, but I know he will be getting it sooner or later. You saw his car at the last meet. I know he is trying to sell stuff, his aim name is MI SO FST.

One more day and the 20th in naperville will be final. Then we get a little over 2 weeks to get things together.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:19 PM   #30
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Well I guess July 20th at UIUCs place is final.

Eric, Is this the train station up washington st.

If you could get a yahoo map picture and mark the location through paint or something that would be great. Then I can put the map on the site and everywhere else.

How close is the place to washington and 5th ave?

EDIT: BTW we can start listing what people will be bringing.

I'll bring donuts and pitch in on whoever wants to bring some meat.

Last edited by KiDyNomiTe; 07-06-2003 at 04:36 PM..
KiDyNomiTe is offline   Reply With Quote