Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 08-24-2003, 10:12 PM   #1
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
September Chicago 240SX Meet

Well to get one last meet in this year (or at least one last major meet), lets start talking about it.

I had in mind Sunday September 21st, at Miami Woods (the old meeting place).

As the time comes we can arrange a BBQ.

Hope you can all make it to this meet.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2003, 12:34 AM   #2
nismofeind
Leaky Injector

nismofeind is an unknown quantity at this point
yea thats me i work on sundays and i have been wanting to go for a while.

what about near woodfield mall
nismofeind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:50 AM   #3
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
I dislike meets in parking lots of malls, unless you mean somewhere in Busse Woods. That would be a nice place we would have to get I think 40 bucks to reserve the place, I know some spots have benches and shelters which would be good if bad weather occured.

Well if you guys want to do busse woods, then could someone from the are go there look for a nice spot and find out a little more about reservations, I'll pay whoever most of the money back. If nobody can get there, I'll head over there when I pick up my hatch this week.

I guess saturday would work, see what kind of response we get on a saturday since we never had one on a saturday. Saturday the 20th?

Hopefully the weather is decent, its starting to get real hot during the days now (but I guess I have been out of state for a while).
Old 08-25-2003, 04:37 PM   #4
gilwankel
Leaky Injector

gilwankel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to gilwankel Send a message via Yahoo to gilwankel
any of you guys goin to battle of the imports at route 66?
gilwankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:37 PM   #5
gmgs14
Zilvia Member

gmgs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm down for whenever late in Sept. I have missed the last few and I need to get back out!
gmgs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #6
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

gilwankel - I will be going to one day on Battle of the Imports.

gmgs14 - I dont even know if I have ever seen you at a meet, you always respond but never make it , hope you can make it out to this one.

I guess everything will be finalized once I get over to Busse Woods and pick a spot and put some money down for it. Prolly wedenesday.

And James I am free all week to get the dremel.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:57 PM   #7
1fasts13
Zilvia Member

1fasts13 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey i will actually have a 240 to bring out to this one
M-F 10am-5pm PST
1fasts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:41 PM   #8
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Bill Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point
SEPT 21...Hummm...I might be able to do this one..can't drive it..no enough hrs (frigging 60 hr drive round trip)

How will the temps be..like 45 degree nights?

We rarely see below 50 here on the coolest days ever..so I need to prepare. It is shorts and slaps year around here....

I was in Chicago on May 2nd 91 and froze my azz off.

Logistics seem close to right for that date..keep me posted please..PM does work again..not full.
Bill Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:48 AM   #9
sideway

sideway is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to sideway
s14

Hey i was at the last meet. But I doubt anyone remembers me Black S14 (cuz I had to leave early for work and didn't get to really meet everyone) But I personally don't really care where ya'' are having this, all I know is I'll be there!
sideway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 09:17 AM   #10
X1nom3D
Leaky Injector

X1nom3D is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm, interesting... haven't been on here for a while, and i missed all the fun meets, darn! *sigh* maybe this one? or maybe not? we'll see, i hope i don't miss another one.
X1nom3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 12:04 PM   #11
gmgs14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
gilwankel - I will be going to one day on Battle of the Imports.

gmgs14 - I dont even know if I have ever seen you at a meet, you always respond but never make it , hope you can make it out to this one.

I guess everything will be finalized once I get over to Busse Woods and pick a spot and put some money down for it. Prolly wedenesday.

And James I am free all week to get the dremel.
I went to one last fall and froze my *** off. I don't know if you remeber but it was the one where we went to portillos after. Oh well I'll still try to make this one.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:06 PM   #12
DuffMan
Post Whore!

DuffMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to DuffMan
The problem with meeting at a resturant is that then we go outside to look at cars and mill arround in the late afternoon or evening. It could be kind of cold.

In my opinion the format of meeting in the afternoon and going to a resturant for dinner works best. That way we can go in to warm up if its cold. Just need to post it here so the people are aware about it and stick arround (if they are interested in eating). Basicly like McD's at the meet by the lake, but with more people sticking arround. I think its going to be hard to get too many people for a lunch because people like to show up at their own convience and sleep in. Plus there are people driving a long ways to get here.

Just my opinion.

PS bill that would be awesome if you came up. Meeting people from other areas is always cool.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 05:07 PM   #13
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

gmgs14 - I guess my memory is bad, which person were you? I was there, just dont remember everyone.

On the whole food thing, I would have to agree with Duff, first chat about our cars, put names and cars together, and get some pics. That can be like 12-2, then head over to some place to eat together and talk. Somewhere with a big parkinglot and big tables.

If we do it that way then no need to reserve Busse Woods, we could just raid one of the spots there (shouldnt be full that time of the year anyway), then head over to a resteraunt somewhere in schaumburg.

Anyone still have a map of Busse Woods? Then we could get a map of which spot to go to.

Once the location gets finalized (where to eat can be decided at the meet), and we get a map, I'll update the site, and get Art to send an e-mail to everyone.

Bill- Hope you can make it out, don't worry about not showing up in a 240, thats my style .
Old 08-26-2003, 05:44 PM   #14
gmgs14
Zilvia Member

I was in the red zenki, i came with heather in the red kouki. We were both stock then, MI plates. Ring a bell?
Old 08-26-2003, 08:23 PM   #15
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Theres a Chilis there , have i been away from that area for that long. Anyways ya that sounds good.

About the list I guess I'll grab it and start going through these threads and PMs I've gotten and add up these names.

Bill imma put you on the list do you want me to take you off after the meet? Don't want to keep bothering you about meets next year.

So Saturday, September 21 @ Miami Woods 12PM-2PM 2 to whatever eat at resteraunt, possible cruise or something afterwords (discuss at lunch).

I'll post on other forums, anything I miss post it.

gmgs14 - ya now I remember, whatever happened to heather, she never posts anymore

EDIT: I lost the list, anyone have it saved?

Last edited by KiDyNomiTe; 08-26-2003 at 08:29 PM..
KiDyNomiTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 09:26 PM   #16
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Kid , heres the deal I wanna attend and swap knowledge and stories, I know you guys are fning cool.

Keep me on the list..when it gets close..I will make arrangements to make it there if someone wants to pick me up..that is even more cool.

I just wanna jam, share some music and car talk...and help if I can with some mod factors.

I like your vibes and I NEED to get up there for plenty of reasons..
Getting some Chicago food is always right on. Keep me away from tequila...

Beer and boubon is ok...and Grand Marnier.

Like to also ride out with some peeps wanting to cruise.

I promise to bring some vid of some of my ride arounds. You guys will trip to what goes down around here...outragous.

Nest post a pic..I edited and forgot (duh)

OK Cool.

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 08-26-2003 at 09:31 PM..
Old 08-26-2003, 09:34 PM   #17
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

Nice driving..

A quick shoot in traffic..
Old 08-26-2003, 09:39 PM   #18
Bill Roberts
Zilvia FREAK!

one more

Nice RB here it bites...

I was not embarassed by it with my car...but this was a nice ride..

Well RB is the key. KA can push to it..not reach it../.but good show.

It is tough to hang with. This is the drivable 240 that totally dominates...it is...

Super engine to have and this is the one to get one day...very nice..

Last edited by Bill Roberts; 08-26-2003 at 09:41 PM..
Old 08-27-2003, 07:42 AM   #19
gmgs14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
So Saturday, September 21 @ Miami Woods 12PM-2PM 2 to whatever eat at resteraunt, possible cruise or something afterwords (discuss at lunch).

gmgs14 - ya now I remember, whatever happened to heather, she never posts anymore
Kid, the 21st would be sunday. are we shooting for sat. or sun.? I'm working on getting a couple people out from MI and I'll pm Heather to see what she's up to.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:00 PM   #20
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

well either day is fine with me, I acutally mean saturday the 20th, is anyone out there not able to make it out on saturday? Plus I put in most forums the 20th
Old 08-27-2003, 09:33 PM   #21
JDM180SX
Zilvia Member

JDM180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Mmmmm, meat.....?!?

Hey guys and gals! Sorry I couldn't make it to the last meet but I'm wanting to get together and this time I have a added bonus....

My little sis has gotten a 240! Yay, but it's cleaner than mine! hee hee. I'm gonna drag her to the meet too.

Well, keep us all updated on the day and time!

-Eddy & now, Tania ('lil sis)
Old 08-28-2003, 02:28 PM   #22
pearlwhiteS14
Zilvia Member

pearlwhiteS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Either day I am in!!!
James- I found a guy in Indy that has a ka manual trans and he wants to give it to me for $50.00 this includes the clutch. what else will I need inorder to take out that terrible auto trans? THe ecu, cable, pedal........? I need your help. I may have my rims and tires on by this new meet?

I hope this meet will be huge!!
The guy in indy did a RB swap and I am seeing if he can come up for this meet?

Talk to you guys later
Kevin
pearlwhiteS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 04:46 PM   #23
JDM180SX
Zilvia Member

Exclamation Surprise

Quote:
Originally posted by James
JDM180sx- Tania has an automatic I'm guessing? Pretty cool the family has another 240- guess she knows you'll be doing all the work on it- free labor is always nice
Surprise James...It's stick! She's learning little by little...but yeah, I guess she's gettin a deal w/free labor. I'll just make her buy the food. But, she wants a lip for it...so, if you happen to have one, let me know what your asking for it.

-Eddy
Old 08-28-2003, 05:55 PM   #24
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

Which bomex skirts and rear do you got?
Might be interested.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:13 PM   #25
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

I kinda had a feeling about that (the )
Old 08-28-2003, 07:14 PM   #26
DuffMan
Post Whore!

On the subject of the Chicago area parts trade...

Hey james you have an extra pedal and m/c from your clip right. Pearlwhite needs that + a clutch line.

Not sure if s13 and s14 pedals and m/c's will bolt up in place of each other but its a thought. I dont think the JDM mc is exactly the same as even the USDM s13 MC but i heard somewhere you could use it. It might be cheaper to get hardline bent by a shop than finding it in a junk yard anyways in which case it wouldnt matter.

Also, I need the soft line that goes to the slave cylinder. It looks like the previous owner of my 90 cut it to get the tranny off. WTF?!?! Heh so if you have one or see one in a junk yard I'd buy it.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:30 PM   #27
Crab Spirits
Leaky Injector

Crab Spirits is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Crab Spirits
Sup guys, it's been awhile..

DUFFMAN! Where the hell are you? We (guys from www.ClubFR.net) went drifting last night. You should come check it out since I haven't seen you on the board. BTW, Kid, the guys wanted me to give you a call last night but it was like 1am when we took a coffee break in the "tea party". I didn't know if you were sleeping or downloading your hentai or whatnot.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #28
DuffMan
Post Whore!

I registered on the board, I'll start checking and posting there more often.

I read you got your coilovers how are they.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:17 PM   #29
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

James - The skirts I was thinking of arent even made by Bomex, I am thinking of the ones on PDMs site. And seeing as how their lip is a bomex rip-off, i thought the skirts were too. The bomex ones seem to flashy for me, just want something to go with the lip (not overshine the lip).

Crab Spirits - Lets see at 1 I think I was done downloa... I mean watching tv . I'm not a late night tea drinker but I guess its time to start . I havent started school yet so I am still up all night anyways.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:23 PM   #30
JDM180SX
Zilvia Member

Question Hmmmm....

James - I wonder who it was you got them from??? Hee hee. Well, her car was originally red from what I can tell but it was repainted maroonish like the S13 coupes came in. So, I guess a redish lip would be cool.

And for all of you out there....I'm still lookin for a 91-94 stock front bumper w/lip (not the 89-90 lip). I don't know if those who did the Silvia Group Buy have gotten them yet but if anyone has a Front Bumper I'm interested...Pref Grey/Charcoal but any color is fine. Just PM me a price.

-Eddy