Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #751
shalezzz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shalezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Don't get 60's, if your doing 16s just get 225 50 16 if you want a thicker side wall, I hope the only 15 or 16 inch wheels your looking to get at are mesh's or steelies
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion240sx View Post
back again... same question but with a different specs. looking at the 15x8 +20 or 16x8+20
now... looking to fit 225/50 on there. again when i lower it, it will only be an inch or so. don't want to molest the fenders. debating on this for a while now gotta bit the bullet soon :/ i will have all three rear arms, tension rods, aftrmrkt sways, stock brake setup specs just upgraded. c/o's, collars, etc

was set on going with the 225/50/15 but with stock height and 50 series tires the gap would be rather awkward, I would have to slam it to make it look right... or get 60 series tires. and going with 225s I think I would have more problems aka more trouble to make them fit.

also i go to different tire calculators and they give me different readings for the speedo. 1010 tires gives me @ 60mph for 225/50/16 = 58.4 mph discounttire = 61.6 rimsntires = 61.7

how do i determine which is right? i see that i look at the revs per mile but they all have diff numbers.

thanks again guys for the help. i believe that 225/60/15 would be too tall and wide to fit stock metal fenders. not only that but for aggressive/spirited driving, on off ramps etc/ not on on the track, it would actually hinder the handling vs a 50 series tire.. is that correct thinking? if it wouldn't hinder and fit without modding of the fenders i would do it. 225/50/16 fit with no problems from someone on here. i really would like to do the 15s as i have seen a few s14s pull it off quite nicely. a PM a few more ppl whos ride i found through LOTS of searching. so i am waiting on their responses as well.

please and thank you
shalezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #752
RyanS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
RyanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dit321 View Post
just bought xxr 527 17x9.75 +25 all around and I love how flush they sit on the back bu don't even come close to clearing my coilovers in the front. the tire size is 215/45 all around..my coils don't have camber adjust on them, I'm just wondering how big of a spacer I would need in the front to clear... please help!
I have an 8mm Spacer on mine.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #753
dit321

Trader Rating: (0)
dit321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanS13 View Post
I have an 8mm Spacer on mine.
but what camber are you running? my coils arnt camber adjustable. and its on an s14
dit321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #754
TN4sty 305
Leaky Injector

TN4sty 305 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bought XXR 527s +20 going to buy spacers but not sure which offset will make the lip flush with the fender. I was thinking 20mm pbm up front and 25/30mm rear. Camber: -3f and -5r. Tires would be 215/40/18. What do you think?
TN4sty 305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #755
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN4sty 305 View Post
Bought XXR 527s +20 going to buy spacers but not sure which offset will make the lip flush with the fender. I was thinking 20mm pbm up front and 25/30mm rear. Camber: -3f and -5r. Tires would be 215/40/18. What do you think?
Sell those wheels, buy correct size/offset wheels.
Te37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #756
Z FELLA
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
Z FELLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hey fellas im new to the whole S14 wheel fitment game but not new to the wheel fitment scene, so please don't lose temper.
I just need a little info on those who know the S14 Body/chassis more than I.

Now i could look thru the whole thread but im just not feeling it, so i just posted the question.

my question is: What modifications/fenders/overfenders should I look for if I am aiming to fit something like:
Wheel sizes:
Front:18x10 et. -48
Rear: 18x11 et. -43
Yes with a big lip/deep dish at least 6-8"
- no crazy camber
- will not stretch (or maybe if I am convinced)

What wheels? don't ask , that's the point to a top secret build. lol

- Please feel free to tell me about what brand/size(mm) fenders/overfenders I could use.
- Any helpful links
- Or if any body work will be required
If anybody is running any setup similar to this please post some pics on here or PM me.
in advance, thank you for the feedback really appreciate it.
Z FELLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #757
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z FELLA View Post
Hey fellas im new to the whole S14 wheel fitment game but not new to the wheel fitment scene, so please don't lose temper.

Now i could look thru the whole thread but im just not feeling it, so i just posted the question.

my question is: What modifications/fenders/overfenders should I look for if I am aiming to fit something like:
Wheel sizes:
- no crazy camber

- Please feel free to tell me about what brand/size(mm) fenders/overfenders I could use.
- Any helpful links
If anybody is running any setup similar to this please post some pics on here or PM me.
No spoon feeding try:
-Google
-Rimtuck
Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #758
TN4sty 305
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
Sell those wheels, buy correct size/offset wheels.
How about you actually respond with a helpful reply other than making yourself look like an internet troll? I need help not a stupid biased against the wheels thank you.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #759
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
How about you actually respond with a helpful reply other than making yourself look like an internet troll? I need help not a stupid biased against the wheels thank you.
I was trying to help, you'll love yourself better in the end.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #760
TN4sty 305
Leaky Injector

Ok but here is the thing. I don't plan on spending over 1500 on wheels when i will be driving it daily. My city has a lot of potholes and if I do buy legit wheels i know they will get injured just by driving around. I eg onto want that liability just yet. I'm a college student, just rebuilt my ka and rather have something i don't have to worry about getting stolen or destroyed. In the near future after its boosted and painted then yes. Thanks for your contribution though.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #761
lvlanolin
Leaky Injector

lvlanolin is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys I want to buy some xxr but Im undecided between the 527 and 521. I want to run 245 35 18 front and 285 30 18 rear on what ever set up I go. Now heres where you guy come in, lol, I want to be as flush as possible and run stock camber or very little if any (I know zero camber sucks). I also dont mind rolling or pulling. Now the choices are, on the 527 we have 18x8.75 +20 or +35 and 18x9.75 +20 and on the 521 we have 18x8.5 +25 and 18x10 +25. I like both wheels now its just a matter of which ones will clear my big brakes setup (Im running evo8 brembos) and which setup will allow me to use the tire size I want and will it also clear the fenders with a roll and pull? I know Im asking for alot here but any help is appreciated. And Im pretty sure both wheels clear the brakes but I just want to be certain and again I appreciate any help.
lvlanolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #762
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

Wheel sizes:
- no crazy camber

- Any helpful links
extend front fenders ~60mm

extend rear fenders ~75-90mm

Don't know how you plan to do that without a lot of custom work in addition to overfenders. Just get wheels with the right offset that fit...
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #763
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Ok but here is the thing. I don't plan on spending over 1500 on wheels when i will be driving it daily. My city has a lot of potholes and if I do buy legit wheels i know they will get injured just by driving around. I eg onto want that liability just yet. I'm a college student, just rebuilt my ka and rather have something i don't have to worry about getting stolen or destroyed. In the near future after its boosted and painted then yes. Thanks for your contribution though.
But your gonna spend 200$ on wheel spacers? Doesn't make sense. Then you run the risk of have wheel wobble from the spacers. Not to mention the fact that you will have double the points of failure with bolt on spacers. Unless you use a non bolt on spacer and get extended studs, which is more money to pull off. You also gotta look at the resale value of those wheels with high offset. I can't look through the eyes of other peoples wallets, but I see a smarter route.
Plus if your lowered do you have a way to align it, ie suspension arms? If not don't throw away money on tires just to get eaten up by bad alignment.
You gotta pay to play.
What width are your xxrs?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #764
TN4sty 305
Leaky Injector

Quote:
But your gonna spend 200$ on wheel spacers? Doesn't make sense. Then you run the risk of have wheel wobble from the spacers. Not to mention the fact that you will have double the points of failure with bolt on spacers. Unless you use a non bolt on spacer and get extended studs, which is more money to pull off. You also gotta look at the resale value of those wheels with high offset. I can't look through the eyes of other peoples wallets, but I see a smarter route.
Plus if your lowered do you have a way to align it, ie suspension arms? If not don't throw away money on tires just to get eaten up by bad alignment.
You gotta pay to play.
What width are your xxrs?
I'm buying Hubcentric Powered by Max spacers. Wheels will be 18x9.75+ 20 offset. If I had the money I would get VS-XX or BBS RS but 700 a wheel is not something i can do just yet. Im lowered on Stance GR+ and have camber arms already installed. All I need are wheels. Also, I already have a dedicated place to get it aligned. Yes you do have to pay to play but for now I just want something I can daily without having to worry over everytime I go out driving.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #765
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I'm buying Hubcentric Powered by Max spacers. Wheels will be 18x9.75+ 20 offset. If I had the money I would get VS-XX or BBS RS but 700 a wheel is not something i can do just yet. Im lowered on Stance GR+ and have camber arms already installed. All I need are wheels. Also, I already have a dedicated place to get it aligned. Yes you do have to pay to play but for now I just want something I can daily without having to worry over everytime I go out driving.
Toe will kill your tires faster than camber.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #766
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Guys some advice? Running a 17x9 +30 gtr wheel on my stock body s14. Thinking of running 255 40 17 falken azenis all round.. Am I gonna have rubbing issues on full lock or under suspension load?

Rear arches are rolled fronts arent and I am on RSR lowering springs on gr2's. I dont think it will be an issue but I want to make sure before I buy the tires. Have been doing researching, but dont wanna mess it up. This is for a DD/back road driving setup
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #767
TN4sty 305
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Toe will kill your tires faster than camber.
I have Front Tension Rods, Rear Upper Control Arms ,Rear Traction Links and Rear Toe Links. I don't have the RLCA. I should be fine.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #768
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:

Wheel sizes:
- no crazy camber

- Any helpful links
I'd get something else unless you dont like turning...10j -48, car will only go straight. Look up cars running 10j +0 around rimtuck up front, then imagine another 2 inches of those things sticking out. No aftermarket fender will work with that setup. Well, take that back, you can get a wide fender and then add on a bubble fender on top of that and you will clear those. But then, you still have the issue of the wheels rubbing the inner wheel well (firewall side) when you turn.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #769
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_ryder View Post
Guys some advice? Running a 17x9 +30 gtr wheel on my stock body s14. Thinking of running 255 40 17 falken azenis all round.. Am I gonna have rubbing issues on full lock or under suspension load?

Rear arches are rolled fronts arent and I am on RSR lowering springs on gr2's. I dont think it will be an issue but I want to make sure before I buy the tires. Have been doing researching, but dont wanna mess it up. This is for a DD/back road driving setup
Itll clear, you might just have to toss in 5mm spacers to clear the suspension up front.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:15 AM   #770
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
So you're worried about your rims getting fucked up but you're willing to buy cheap wheels on stretched tires? If you're gonna go cheap, atleast get better offset knock off wheels. Considering how much you'd spend on spacers and XXR wheels, you can atleast get better fitting wheels like Varstoens. Hell, I bet you can get some good quality used RPF1s or FN01Rs for the same price.

But since you already have the wheels, slap them on the car and then measure how sunk they are to your fenders. Buy spacers to push the wheels out per your measurement. I would do this after you get an alignment since the distance between your fenders and wheels will change when the camber is changed.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #771
[email protected]
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Paul@mastermindna.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I am going to run 19x8+10 and 19x9+5 Work Euroline DH on the D2 deluxe bags on my S13 vert. I was trying to figure out how much of a spacer I should run to get them to be flush with my PJ Bonifacio bolt-on flares. Any advice?
Paul@mastermindna.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #772
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Like I said above, put it on and measure it. Every car will be different due to alignment and fiberglass pieces have a tendency to be different from each other.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #773
TN4sty 305
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
So you're worried about your rims getting fucked up but you're willing to buy cheap wheels on stretched tires? If you're gonna go cheap, atleast get better offset knock off wheels. Considering how much you'd spend on spacers and XXR wheels, you can atleast get better fitting wheels like Varstoens. Hell, I bet you can get some good quality used RPF1s or FN01Rs for the same price.

But since you already have the wheels, slap them on the car and then measure how sunk they are to your fenders. Buy spacers to push the wheels out per your measurement. I would do this after you get an alignment since the distance between your fenders and wheels will change when the camber is changed.
Thank you, will do.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #774
sidewayzsilvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
sidewayzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
xxr 527

Never mind on the question apparently I got the answer

Last edited by sidewayzsilvia; 03-04-2012 at 08:19 PM..
sidewayzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #775
sidewayzsilvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
sidewayzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well then guess this will look gay
sidewayzsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #776
shalezzz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shalezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayzsilvia View Post
looking at picking up
17x8.25 +25 Front
17x9.75 +25 rear
does anyone know how this is going look? Any rolling fenders?
^Lol just do 17x9.75 roll your fenders and lower your car
shalezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #777
Z FELLA
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
Z FELLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
No spoon feeding try:
-Google
-Rimtuck
I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
extend front fenders ~60mm

extend rear fenders ~75-90mm

Don't know how you plan to do that without a lot of custom work in addition to overfenders. Just get wheels with the right offset that fit...
i thought so just wanted to hear opinions. Already have some custom work done on the car. I guess i'll just have to wait and see a lot of trail and error but im not giving up.
but thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I'd get something else unless you dont like turning...10j -48, car will only go straight. Look up cars running 10j +0 around rimtuck up front, then imagine another 2 inches of those things sticking out. No aftermarket fender will work with that setup. Well, take that back, you can get a wide fender and then add on a bubble fender on top of that and you will clear those. But then, you still have the issue of the wheels rubbing the inner wheel well (firewall side) when you turn.
Like I said I'll just have to wait and see and solve it like a puzzle whether it takes a couple of days, weeks, or months. And I have thought about the inner wheel well; but im just going with if it fits it fits, if does not, oh well.
I have a spare set of wheels. so i'll just be swapping out depening on where im going.
If its not possible or if i don't like the look i'll just sell/trade the wheels, and grab a set that fits.

Thanks for input fellas, really appreciate it.
Z FELLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #778
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I guess this is a good place as any to ask a noob question.

I currently have 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 wheels running 245/35/18 on all four. It's pretty square on the 9.5 and mildly stretch on the 10.5

I'm considering running 225/35 on the fronts and keeping the 245/35 in the back.

I picked 35 series tires because i felt it gave me the closest to factory speedo ratio.

So why do most run 40 series tires?
G240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #779
Metal Angel
Leaky Injector

Metal Angel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by G240 View Post
I guess this is a good place as any to ask a noob question.

I currently have 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 wheels running 245/35/18 on all four. It's pretty square on the 9.5 and mildly stretch on the 10.5

I'm considering running 225/35 on the fronts and keeping the 245/35 in the back.

I picked 35 series tires because i felt it gave me the closest to factory speedo ratio.

So why do most run 40 series tires?
Not all 35 series are the same. A 205 35 has a slimmer sidewall than a 245 35. Also, do a google search for tire size calculator. There are several different sites that have them... I think discounttiredirect.com has one. That way you can compare stock size tires to what you want to run to make sure your speedo doesnt change. I think it even shows how much your speedo will change if you do choose a different overall diameter.
Metal Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #780
G240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
G240 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Angel View Post
Not all 35 series are the same. A 205 35 has a slimmer sidewall than a 245 35. Also, do a google search for tire size calculator. There are several different sites that have them... I think discounttiredirect.com has one. That way you can compare stock size tires to what you want to run to make sure your speedo doesnt change. I think it even shows how much your speedo will change if you do choose a different overall diameter.
I've done the calculater, and everywhere suggest a 35 series tire. Curious to why most people run the same sized tire but in a 40 series if a 40 series tire would put you at 1-2% off in your speedo. I realize not all tires are the same, but the margin is still there.

Thanks.
G240 is offline   Reply With Quote