Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 PM   #2701
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dang man I think I am going to paint mine white too. Looks pretty good.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #2702
RicerX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RicerX is making a name for him/her selfRicerX is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
d'oh.

VRT, gotta give it up to them. so dope
RicerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #2703
240lookis
BANNED

240lookis is an unknown quantity at this point
those 15x10's are dope!!

i have the same wheels but 15x8 -30 all around.
wish i had the 15x10 for the rear though...
240lookis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:12 AM   #2704
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfandem View Post
Ok so what tire size do you recommend? I want to fit the 275s i have in the rear, because they fill that gap in the back where the fender is rolled....

If i run a smaller or skinner tire, that gap will be worse, right? Or would I then need to take out some camber? I want it like ive seen on other cars, where you can like barely fit a credit card or something between the tire/fender, yet they never rub.
Stop listening to that guy. He has no idea what he's talking about. Space out the front wheel just enough to clear the front coilover and then add a little bit more negative camber to tuck the wheel under the front fender. Out back, you're going to need to massage the fender up higher so that when the suspension compresses, the tire doesn't hit the inside of the rear fender. Only problem is that you might mess up your rear fenders if you don't do it right. Just work it nice and slow or take it to a bodyshop and have them do it.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #2705
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Posted up several times, but here's another.

17x9 +5, 17x10 +19. 215/40 F, 235/40 R. Camber: 3.5* F, 3* R

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #2706
lyrical struggle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
lyrical struggle is making a name for him/her selflyrical struggle is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I picked up a set of 18x10 +18's with a 255/35-18. Would those work with a roll and slight pull? The tire sizes is kind of wide and i think i need to go with a 235 or 245
lyrical struggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #2707
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i would say atleast 235.i ran a 225 on my old 10 inch wide wheels and it looked sweet.

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #2708
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrical struggle View Post
I picked up a set of 18x10 +18's with a 255/35-18. Would those work with a roll and slight pull? The tire sizes is kind of wide and i think i need to go with a 235 or 245
it'll fit.
well i'm running that on a s14.
255/40 17x10.5+13ish
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #2709
kris
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter808 View Post
whats the tire sizes^^^

225/45-17 and 235/40-18
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #2710
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Posted up several times, but here's another.

17x9 +5, 17x10 +19. 215/40 F, 235/40 R. Camber: 3.5* F, 3* R

im gonna have to say...almost.

it looks okay, looks functional and drivable.

but for this thread...needs a bit more poke, a bit more stretch and a bunch more low.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #2711
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post

but for this thread...needs a bit more poke, a bit more stretch and a bunch more low.
+1

But being able to drive around comfortably is a beautiful thing.
nismo tuned s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #2712
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:

I'd lower the rear a bit more to match the front, but they're maxed out all around and I'm happy with it.

I don't like pulled fenders.

I don't like fiberglass either. So, no widebody.

Getting new bushings in the subframe this month(Nismo). So, I can remove the collars and have the car sit a little lower than it does now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo tuned s14 View Post
+1

But being able to drive around comfortably is a beautiful thing.
Exactly. It doesn't rub at all on all 4 corners.

It would look better just a bit lower, but I have enough trouble as it is driving it around.

Going lower at this point is only asking for trouble. Dented oil pans and kissing my motors goodbye isn't my thing.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #2713
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
first off, don't get me wrong, its a beautiful car, stupid clean, much prettier than anything i could ever build.

im just wondering...

what coilovers max out at that height?

also by collars im guessing you mean subframe collars, that would simply dial out camber a bit more positive, and not affect ride height, correct?

speaking of collars, if the coilovers are in fact, maxed out, may i suggest removing your coilover collars from the rears?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #2714
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i think the front is super fucking low..... like almost to low... but that is based off ohio driving roads... lol

def can't wait to see the pics of the rear matching the front....

Crimson your car is my current inspiration, until i get ready to go aero and 18's

17s + stock aero + proper fitment = nasty nasty sick
Old 01-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #2715
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
I'd lower the rear a bit more to match the front, but they're maxed out all around and I'm happy with it.

I don't like pulled fenders.

I don't like fiberglass either. So, no widebody.

Getting new bushings in the subframe this month(Nismo). So, I can remove the collars and have the car sit a little lower than it does now.

Exactly. It doesn't rub at all on all 4 corners.

It would look better just a bit lower, but I have enough trouble as it is driving it around.

Going lower at this point is only asking for trouble. Dented oil pans and kissing my motors goodbye isn't my thing.

Did you screw the spring all the way down already? I am assuming you did, but there are a lot of people who forget about it

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #2716
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
Did you screw the spring all the way down already? I am assuming you did, but there are a lot of people who forget about it
explain plz?

This may be my problem since I removed my collars and my car is still high.

YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #2717
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

wwwwwiiiiiiieeeeeerrrrrrdddddd.

what kinda coilovers are you guys running?

(just cut the springs lol)
Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #2718
FinkenS14
Zilvia Member

FinkenS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FinkenS14
And info on 17x9 with 17 offset on S14?

http://www.geocities.com/masashi.geo/s14aljd2.jpg
Old 01-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #2719
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
This is not a thread to ask n00b questions

i already told you they fit

this is the wheel fitment whore thread

not wheel fitment bitch thread
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #2720
YoungGun
Post Whore!

YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Megan.

I don't get it.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #2721
ScarredOne

ScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enoughScarredOne will become famous soon enough
Get something like this: Tanabe Sustec Helper Spring 60mm
and then drop spring the rear. easy.
ScarredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:49 PM   #2722
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Quote:
first off, don't get me wrong, its a beautiful car, stupid clean, much prettier than anything i could ever build.

im just wondering...

what coilovers max out at that height?

also by collars im guessing you mean subframe collars, that would simply dial out camber a bit more positive, and not affect ride height, correct?

speaking of collars, if the coilovers are in fact, maxed out, may i suggest removing your coilover collars from the rears?
All collars are in tact.

There's zero pre-load.

JIC FLT-A2's.

From what I've read, subframe collars raise the ride height(don't know for sure though).

Hmm, i'll try pulling the subframe collars off and see if that lowers it a bit.

I know I can dump the fronts up to the rim by removing the rest of the collars, but I'd rather not.

I'll be running a Xenon lip this month. So, I'll want it to sit a little higher than the actual ground.

Hah.

Another side shot.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Old 01-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #2723
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
explain plz?

This may be my problem since I removed my collars and my car is still high.

Okay, picture the coilover. It has 3 lock collars on it 1. is the lower lock collar that you tighten once you lower the coilovers all the way. 2. and 3. are the ones that lock together to keep the spring in place. To make shit go all the way down, screw those two collars that hold the spring all the way into the lower collar (the spring will bounce around until you set the car on the ground)

If it still isnt low enough for you, you can remove up to 2 of the collars on the coilover and it WILL go down.

Here is the difference when I was playing with mine:

With the spring not screwed down, coilover max low:

With all three collars touching:

And this is Travis old car with 1 collar removed. Difference between GP and BN aero on an FC is about 1" and his fenders were mounted about 1" higher than mine:

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #2724
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
His car has the Megan Tracks I think, which are 12/10, that's why it won't settle lower even with both bottom collars removed.

You can now buy different length/rate springs from Megan.
Megan Racing

That's what I'll be doing if I'm not tucking front wheels when the ride height settles.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 AM   #2725
YoungGun
Post Whore!

No they're streets, thats why I don't get how you guys are so low haha.

Matej, do you know how to interpret those different springs? I see the different spring rates. If I were to buy some I would probably get the 8kg rear springs, but how do I know which one is shorter?

Also I may be stupid, but how would a shorter spring lower the rear of the car? The coilover bracket in the rear bottoms out on the actual shock, so wouldn't it just be wobbling around free in there.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:34 AM   #2726
upSLIDEdown
Nissanaholic!

Location: VA.. And for those that keep PMing me asking what kit I have, it's Origin Stream.
Trader Rating: (3)
upSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfectionupSLIDEdown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I was on Megan streets and they got pretty damn low for me... *shrugs*

I still had room to go down in both the front and the rear, and that was with no spring droopage, just lower bracket adjustment.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #2727
YoungGun
Post Whore!

What the eff?!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #2728
NewS13Guy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
NewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
crimson, you have mail.
NewS13Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #2729
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I think this is the only case in which the phrase "mine is smaller" will actually be manlier lol

"My lower bracket is smaller so I can go lower"

"Damnit, I'm ashamed of my larger member..."

Anyway...

This is on Stance GR+ with the 7k rear springs on it, lower bracket bottomed out on the shock body, and zero droopage or preload on the springs.

215/45/17 on 17x9 +20 in the rear, no pull, just rolled the fenders flat.

With spring droopage, I can tuck the top part of the rear rims.

Younggun needs to droop springs.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #2730
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Sorry i'm new to all the fitment lingo.

How do you "droop" the springs?

I would like to try this right now.

My situation is that I have all my collars removed and the lower coilover bracket is bottomed out against the threaded shock part when I screwed it all the way up.