Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
85ZChris

Trader Rating: (0)
85ZChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
85 Z31 Clutch help

Im goin to look at a 85 300zx turbo tomorrow a buddy of mine is selling it to me. There is a problem with the clutch he was headin to work one day an the clutch had no pressure after he pumped it a little bit it pumped up an he got to work. We talked to a mechanic at work to get fluid he said use brake fluid its the same so he put it in about a day an a half later it was empty or has a little left in there an has no pressure what could cause this he is sayin leak from the reservoir or something between there an the tranny? It sounds like a leak but im not sure I wanna have an idea of what it could be.
85ZChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #2
DeleriousZ
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
DeleriousZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
yes it most likely sounds like a leak. The most common places for leaks are from the slave cylinder that's bolted to the transmission. Peel back the protective boot on the slave cylinder's actuator arm and look for leaks. The master cylinder could also be leaking, in which case you'll have to take a good look around that area, as well as under the dash near the clutch pedal for leaks.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
85ZChris

Trader Rating: (0)
85ZChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks man I didint get out there today he was busy im tryin to get out there tomorrow if he is free or some time this week thanks for the tip on where to look.
85ZChris is offline   Reply With Quote