Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
3v1lk3n

Trader Rating: (1)
3v1lk3n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
06 350Z Electrical Issues?? Please Help

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2006 350Z enthusiast and there seems to be some electrical issues with it. There are occasions when I turn the AC on and it seems that the idle will dip down to around a rough 200~150rpm but then shoot back up. At the same time when the AC is activated the dash lights will flicker. The same things will also happen when the windows are rolled down.

There was a previous issue a few months back when the car refused to start or have any power. The battery was tested and showed a full 12v, but when connected to the car and the ignition turned, it would shut off all power. The battery leads were re-tightened and the car luckily turned back on and I haven't seen the problem since.

What is the issue? Are these symptoms related? Any help or insight will be much appreciated. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you guys soon.
3v1lk3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
dorrifto
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dorrifto is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
did you ever figure it out? I would have my money on the regulator. Try replacing the alternator?
dorrifto is offline   Reply With Quote