Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
96rbs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
96rbs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
z32 not starting

so i found what i thought is a good deal on a 1990 model 300zx na car but recently has had a jdm swap tt out of a 95 jdm 300zx... said when it was put together it pulled hard, drove good, and was his daily... bought a new car didn't drive the z anymore... went to start it one day after sitting for a while, and didn't start.... lost his job and now it has sat for 1.5 yrs body is very nice, one little spot of surface rust on top of hatch but that could easily be re sprayed....

went to look at it today and i like it bt im not a z guru, so i need your help here...

put my battery in it, tried cranking it, didnt start.... it tried to start like if it was out of gas but never started... ok so i had the key in the on position and loosened the line from the fuel filter off to see if it had any fuel pressure and it had quite a bit of pressure. my next guess was the injectors, so i had a buddy of mine try to crank the car while i tapped on the injectors tring to break them loose of any gummed up gas..... nothing, went to local parts store and bought some starting fluid, sprayed fluid through both tbodies and had buddy try to start again nothing..... looking at the motor the guy spent some money on a nice engine harness, looked like nothing was hacked nor unplugged....

any solutions guys.... im no mechanic but ive built some nice cars but never fooled with a 300zx... could it be a cam sensor? it looks and sounds like its not getting any spark now, well to me it seems that way if its getting fuel and not starting my next guess is spark...

please help me, i would like to get this car, the gy doesn't know what he actually has and its to good of a deal to pass up....
96rbs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
pull the spark plugs and see if your getting spark.

If your not getting spark then i might be either CAS or Ignitior Chip.

First Check the ECU for Codes

Zmods.org - Z32 ECU Diagnostics
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
96rbs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
96rbs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
man, you must be on here as much as i am, you helped me with tuning and aiding my rb25 s14 about a month ago... thanks... won't be able to try anything till this weekend, trying to figure out what to do, the car is 2.5 hours away and really couldn't pull my computer out to ind solutions.... will be going back this weekend to see what i can do, thats why i need your guys help...

thanks
chris
96rbs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
mnmax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
mnmax is making a name for him/her selfmnmax is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i had this issue before. it would crank and i would get fuel but no spark. i found that the ignitor plug was loose. so a ziptie went in to keep it from coming loose again and it had no problem starting from then on.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
TTnickdizzle
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
TTnickdizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Show a pic of the crank angle sensor.... if its turned too much one way or the other it wont start.
TTnickdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote