Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
car infested with bugs

ok so my car has been sitting in the back of my shop outside since last year. im saving every penny to upgrade everything all at once plus its not my daily.

anywho the car is infested with ants and spiders and all sorts of critters. when i sit in the car i get bit cuz im invading their home.

whats the best way to fumigate and not ruin my interior or anything? im trying to not start the car yet just incase they put something in the intake manifold, throttle body or anywhere else that would effect the performance of the motor or driveline.

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
put the car in an oven and let it bake
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
importantone
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
importantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to importantone
I would just do an interior detail. Shampoo, Scrub, and Vacuum all the carpet and fabrics. Then wipe all the plastics down with wipes and plastic cleaner. I wouldn't set a bug bomb off in your car. You could do it outside of your car with your car sealed up in a garage though. You could also just spray out the A/C vents with bug spray or something similar.

Air compressor would work good in some hard to get areas too.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #4
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
BUG BOMB!!!!!!!!!!! Roll up the windows and let that shit do its work
Old 05-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
Kaizen.
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
Kaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymoreKaizen. is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^^LOL^^

I was thinkin the same thing.

Kaizen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
yea hotbox that shit
Old 05-10-2009, 12:30 AM   #7
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i bombed mine
bought a 3 pack and filled it up all 3 of them in there windows up

killed most everything..except black widows.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #8
hegamiz
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
hegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nicehegamiz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
i'd vacuum... then do the above lol
Old 05-10-2009, 02:33 AM   #9
HungryHank
BANNED

Trader Rating: (12)
HungryHank is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I would vaccum as the bomb was going off.
HungryHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:39 AM   #10
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG View Post
i bombed mine
bought a 3 pack and filled it up all 3 of them in there windows up

killed most everything..except black widows.
Thanks for CRUSHING my hopes of the bug boms killing the widows in the 14......

Dousan=ruiner of all hopes and dreams.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:46 AM   #11
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
^^ you can stilll do it . . just light a match!

I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:56 AM   #12
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by I10cruiser View Post
^^ you can stilll do it . . just light a match!
You come do it for me...I hate black widows with a passion.

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #13
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Clean that crap the right way. Pull the interior out. If it's not your daily then it doesn't matter right? It's not that hard to put back in.

Even better, bug bomb it, and then pull it all out and clean it.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #14
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Disconnect the battery. Put newspaper on the dash and console(to prevent staining). Then set off some bug bombs(make sure they are for the type of critter you are aiming to kill).
Old 05-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #15
OutToWinPAHC
Zilvia Addict

OutToWinPAHC is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Pull the seats and carpet, throw a bug fogger in it. Then clean it out a day later, clean interior, and put back together.
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #16
didderson
Zilvia Member

didderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to didderson
I don't know what a bug bomb is, but I'd just roll up the windows and bake em!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #17
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHank View Post
I would vaccum as the bomb was going off.
have you've already done this....? hank
handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:32 PM   #18
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

lazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud oflazysk8er2 has much to be proud of
well the crazy part is they are all up behind my rear tails and i saw them crawling out of the window moldings n stuff its not just the inside. man i think i have some work to do. theres all sorts of critters i dunno wha half of them are lol. anything else?

Quote:
Well i have a 95 240 and i like my cars low... But my parents don't like my wheels tilted
Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #19
Banegraphix
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Banegraphix is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had this same issue after a hurricane a few years back and tryed bug bombs and sprays and every other home remedy I could find but the only thing that worked was when I pulled all of my interior including carpet then a fumigation plus raid insect spray in every nook and finally they were gone.
Banegraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #20
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
I'd do a bug bomb, then remove the entire interior and do it again. Clean the interior as best as possible and reinstall. Luckily us East coasters don't have to worry about black widows unless they come in our fruit shipments hahaha. We used to get them with our helicopter blade shipments at work and it's scary shit knowing 1 in 20 bites is lethal
Old 05-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #21
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
just get this stuff
Terro Ant Killer II
its those ant bait stations and they do work you can even get em at those 99 cent stores and maybe those glue traps in case of rat infestation and get those outdoor insect sprays that are in a bottle shaped like windex to kill bugs on the spot

and if you think there might be some flying insects consider getting a mini bug zapper latern to put in for awhile during the night

and set a few lizards on the loose to eat them bugs lol
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #22
s13skank
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
s13skank is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You got your hands full there buddy
s13skank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #23
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Ultrasonic Bug repeller? plug it in and watch them run
Old 05-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #24
JeremyR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
JeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the roughJeremyR is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JeremyR
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
Ultrasonic Bug repeller? plug it in and watch them run

best idea yet.

my solution is strip the entire car down.
and i mean everything.

bugs give me the creeps.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:01 AM   #25
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats what I'd do, I wouldn't wanna be driving around thinking there might still be some black widow waiting to kill me... fuck that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarkrune View Post
best idea yet.

my solution is strip the entire car down.
and i mean everything.

bugs give me the creeps.
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #26
lazysk8er2
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
set a few lizards on the loose to eat them bugs

^^hahahahaha i was thinking about going to an exterminator...but im gonna pull my interior first and any molding that isnt a pain to put back in...they're in the engine bay as well...

if i fire up my motor u think anything bad will happen? i mean they are insects what could they do basically burn up and die.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #27
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Funny thing, I had some experience with this on Glenn's S30 240Z. His car had been sitting outside for what, a year or two? Barely driven. I confiscated his car, stripped it for some TLC/restoration. Then I realized that his car was infested with black widows and it was too late, his car was already in my garage and they started spreading. Black widows are a real pain in the ass to deal with.. big nasty bitches.

Anyway, I didnt want to use poison in a vehicle as he wanted to bug bomb the car. I went ahead and washed down the ENTIRE chassis with degreaser and hot water. As we were scrubbing down the chassis you would see the spiders crawling out of the crevices one by one. I think we killed a good 20 spiders in one sitting.

One you get the majority out, keep an eye on the car day-by-day. Their webs are very apparent and if you clear up the cobwebs, you'll know you still have a spider or two the next morning when they recreate their web. Just come out at night and kill the remaining spiders.. there should only be a couple left from that point on.

I also just moved into a house a few months ago that had some spiders. For the exterior of the house, I used a special spray that you should be able to get at Holmes Depot.. its a 1 gallon container with a spray nozzle (attached by a small hose). Simply spray the trouble areas and the poison works within a day or two.

Personally, I dont think a car should be sprayed with poison.. but if its the underside, it should be fine.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:10 AM   #28
highwaystar22
Zilvia Junkie

highwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to highwaystar22
Got the name of the spray poison? I have spiders that keep coming back in my garage on the ceilings and walls. I hate spiders and I keep cleaning with a broom to knock the webs down and they keep coming back.
highwaystar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
I'll post up later tonight when I get back home. I'm pretty amazed at how effective it was against the black widows, because a day or two later after spraying around the house I saw several dead widows near the areas that I would often see them hanging out at.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #30
highwaystar22
Zilvia Junkie

highwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant futurehighwaystar22 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to highwaystar22
That sounds like exactly what I need. In FL we don't get too many widows. These are mainly just common brown spiders, but nontheless I still wouldn't want to get bit by one of the buggars.
highwaystar22 is offline   Reply With Quote