Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-15-2006, 08:53 AM   #31
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
It's information that may be useful to anyone who did what they're supposed to do and searched.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #32
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I used this thread for my wheel, even though I have an S13. Old threads are for this EXACTLY (At least the useful ones.)

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:41 AM   #33
Nostradamus
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Nostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enoughNostradamus will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 ohms but rated at like 10 watts, it a fatty.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:42 AM   #34
Xren17
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Xren17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Do you get the fact that this is a How To Thread? So I'm updating it by providing additional info so that I won't need to create another incase someone does a search. If you read the thread you would realize that I had this exact same question as to the resistor when the thread was originally create. Have a good day.

-Ren
Xren17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:34 AM   #35
charmersfh
Zilvia Member

charmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura aboutcharmersfh has a spectacular aura about
what about if you have cruise control buttons? I was thinkin about getting a steering wheel but what about all my buttons? I still want cruise control...Can I rid it so that my buttons are somewhere else??

Tony
charmersfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #36
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (15)
ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
now i can get my horn to work, thanks!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:19 AM   #37
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmersfh
what about if you have cruise control buttons? I was thinkin about getting a steering wheel but what about all my buttons? I still want cruise control...Can I rid it so that my buttons are somewhere else??

Tony
If you go to the Zilvia install page, there is a COMPLICATED way of adding CC to your aftermarket set up.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #38
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just to add to this:

When I need odd tools I tend to look to Harbor Freight since you can often get a set of something for the cost of 1 from Sears, Snap-On, etc. Frankly, if you only use it once or twice, it doesn't matter if its super high quality. So, I checked out HF's site and they have a 100 piece security bit set that's normally $15, on sale for $6 now (haha, I love you HF). Unfortunately, when I finally dug up the specs, it only goes to T-40 Security Torx, and T-45 regular. Works Bell hubs do come with the T-50 key, so you don't have to worry about it with them (or the HKB). Moral of the story: get a decent hub, not some shitty Momo, and save yourself some hassle and the annoyance of having to track down a weird tool!
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #39
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
lol

hello old thread

how are you this fine evening

ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:45 PM   #40
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict
Old post you just quoted...
Old 03-07-2007, 02:22 PM   #41
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631
Just to add to this:

When I need odd tools I tend to look to Harbor Freight since you can often get a set of something for the cost of 1 from Sears, Snap-On, etc. Frankly, if you only use it once or twice, it doesn't matter if its super high quality. So, I checked out HF's site and they have a 100 piece security bit set that's normally $15, on sale for $6 now (haha, I love you HF). Unfortunately, when I finally dug up the specs, it only goes to T-40 Security Torx, and T-45 regular. Works Bell hubs do come with the T-50 key, so you don't have to worry about it with them (or the HKB). Moral of the story: get a decent hub, not some shitty Momo, and save yourself some hassle and the annoyance of having to track down a weird tool!
Previously Works Bell hubs did come with the security tool, however at the moment Works Bell has stopped including this tool. We are trying to source these tools so we can include them again with the hubs, but as of this moment not ALL hubs have them (updated 1/16/08).

Also, for those who purchase a S13 hub from me (#602 or short is #618S), it requires that you hammered in the included prongs into the back of the hub.

It should go in the 12 o clock and 6 o clock position in order to cancel your turn signals.

S14 does not require this.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!

Last edited by A Spec Products; 01-16-2008 at 03:07 PM..
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #42
sikkk240
Zilvia Junkie

sikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to sikkk240
Sorry to bump an old thread.. but its better than making a new one =]

I got a quick question though.

I have the NRG hub adapter, and i need to know what to do with this piece

Do i ditch this, and just throw the actual hub adapter on?
sikkk240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #43
sikkk240
Zilvia Junkie

sikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond reputesikkk240 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to sikkk240
bumpp for help
sikkk240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #44
ss008
Leaky Injector

ss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-knownss008 is making his/her stupidity well-known
anyone know the 19mm center steering wheel nut thread size. i lost mine during removal like a dumbass,
ss008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #45
4bangers
Zilvia Junkie

4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices4bangers has made poor choices
sorry to wake up an old thread, but how do you put in the resistor? I don't have a prefabricated resistor like optionzero shown. I have just the regular resistor that you see at hardware store, look like this ---[ ]--- so how do I use it to cancel the SRS and still let the passenger side work. Thanks
4bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #46
mifesto
Zilvia Member

mifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nicemifesto is just really nice
4bangers - well cant u just bend the wires to be parallel?

to the rest of ya who care - i found on an older thread the late 90's sentra clockspring is cheaper AND compatible. bought it for my 240, hope it works!
mifesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #47
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
im trying to get my cruise control to work and horn any ideas?
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #48
MrSkinny
Zilvia Member

MrSkinny is an unknown quantity at this point
i cant get my turn signal to cancel
Old 05-09-2008, 03:00 AM   #49
G-Force
Zilvia Member

G-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the roughG-Force is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to G-Force
can't help if you guys dont post your setup like what hub are you using.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:00 AM   #50
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
hkb boss hub
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:37 AM   #51
miklos
Zilvia Member

miklos has made poor choicesmiklos has made poor choicesmiklos has made poor choicesmiklos has made poor choicesmiklos has made poor choicesmiklos has made poor choicesmiklos has made poor choices
Changing steering wheels

How tight should I get the 19mm nut that holds the new hub on to the column?

Also here is a photo of how I used a wheel puller I borrowed from Autozone--$15 deposit.

Last edited by miklos; 07-27-2008 at 02:50 AM..
miklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:09 AM   #52
jackal264
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud ofjackal264 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i would like to add that momo does make an s14 specific hub and it does come with the signal cancelation. and then it's a simple pressure contact on the back side to get the horn to work. got mine done in 1 hour.

so right now i'm using a momo hub with nrg short QR and a momo wheel and still retain all function EXCEPT passenger airbags. but really who cares about the passengers anyways.
jackal264 is offline   Reply With Quote