Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #61
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gregfarz78 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSntra91 View Post
You could also use all the wiring from a Maxima or a Altima the 350z wiring was just available for me.
The maxima/altima are exactly the same even though they use the fwd vq? I'm still up in the air if I want to use the stock 350z ecu or spring for a haltech standalone
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 06:41 AM   #62
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfarz78 View Post
The maxima/altima are exactly the same even though they use the fwd vq? I'm still up in the air if I want to use the stock 350z ecu or spring for a haltech standalone
They arent exactly the same as the 350z, but I would assume since they both are used to run a VQ35 they can be used. I would further assume this because I have seen people use fwd VQ35s for RWD application so I dont see why not.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:28 AM   #63
mario24601

mario24601 is making a name for him/her selfmario24601 is making a name for him/her self
All I can say is...WOW...great work, cant wait to see more.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #64
soon2bs13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
soon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsoon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsoon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownsoon2bs13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soon2bs13
great pics. have fun with your build.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #65
bbejj123
Zilvia Junkie

bbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura aboutbbejj123 has a spectacular aura about
amazing build so far!!! I absolutely love what your doing...customizing certain parts and doing it right +1!!!! keep up the great work!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #66
chelosx

chelosx is an unknown quantity at this point
wow this has Inspired me to start a project!! thanks man
Old 05-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #67
mwilloughby87
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
mwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to beholdmwilloughby87 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
amazing work man. definitely subscribing to see what you have in store next!!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #68
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

Quote:
They arent exactly the same as the 350z, but I would assume since they both are used to run a VQ35 they can be used. I would further assume this because I have seen people use fwd VQ35s for RWD application so I dont see why not.
Yea they are a little different the Z looks a lot more complex I was digging into the FSM last night do you plan to install all the sensors for the a/c too? there was a good 3-4 of them not sure if you need them or not.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #69
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
subscribed.. good work man.

My Seller's Review Thread
Old 05-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #70
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
props to you sinister, you got the underdash harness and NATs from the engine that I bought. Of course I have a whole other set of underdash harness nats and bcm so no worries. I am also doing metal s15 conversion fenders and the VQ hahahhahhahha. Of course I am running a O7 engine. I thought about just swapping the whole 350z underdash harness in but basically my wire guy is just going to wire it instead, less work in the long run. My build thread will start pretty soon.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 05-19-2008, 11:13 AM   #71
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
great job.................
Old 05-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #72
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Keep it going, this thread is bad ass.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #73
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

SinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfectionSinisterSntra91 is close to perfection
Quote:
Yea they are a little different the Z looks a lot more complex I was digging into the FSM last night do you plan to install all the sensors for the a/c too? there was a good 3-4 of them not sure if you need them or not.
Yeah I am going to install the sensors as well, I may have to track them down it depends if the sensors come with the next batch of parts I ordered. If not its all good, Ill track them down. I even thought about putting in the low tire pressure warning sensors as well, depends on how readily available the sensors are when it comes time to put the car back together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
props to you sinister, you got the underdash harness and NATs from the engine that I bought. Of course I have a whole other set of underdash harness nats and bcm so no worries. I am also doing metal s15 conversion fenders and the VQ hahahhahhahha. Of course I am running a O7 engine. I thought about just swapping the whole 350z underdash harness in but basically my wire guy is just going to wire it instead, less work in the long run. My build thread will start pretty soon.
Ah weak jocking my style! jk Got any misc. interior sensors you want to sell since your not using the under dash module? Hit me up with a link to your build thread when you get it started, its always good to bounce ideas off eachother are you going boosted or na?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:18 AM   #74
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
with all things being equal they are they same, just like coca-cola and pepsi cola are both sodas.

but from what drift freaqs been telling me that the FWD blocks aren't as strong as rwd when it comes to HIGH horse power aplications.

but for using a factory ecu or a tuned factory ecu and some mods you should be good. seriously though, theres turbo vq max's out there making 500ish hp turbo running stock internals so i'm not even worried.

speaking of ECU's Sinister you REALLY should use a FACTORY ecu, using a stand alone on a VQ35DE is like using your Nintendo 8bit to play super smash brothers brawl for the wii. Sure you can make an 8bit version of it (im sure some one in china of Philippines has already done it) but it is not the same thing. Nissan has put ALLOT of tech into these ecu's they are equivalent to like a 128bit system. Although Haltech has come along ways with their VQ compatibilities its still can't run on stock sensors and make stock power. Look at all the vq swap guys that are in magazines already, they are making like 250 with cams and headers and exhaust. That is what it should be making factory to the wheels. Even in the superstreet where they compair the s15, s14 ka turbo, and a s13 vq. that s13 only put out supposedly 285 hp, but he was slower than the s14 ka turbo that had 320hp by no more than 2 seconds.
If he had a tuned factory ecu i bet he would of been faster by at least 1 second, but thats just my speculations.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:59 AM   #75
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

irax the engine harness isnt the same for the Z and the maxima its not even the same for the Z and the G35 there are slight differences if its a Z engine get a Z harness just make it easier on yourself. Haltech platinum has come a very long way you should check out my350z.com those guys are making 20hp over stock from just tuning the haltech but you still need the stock ECU/bcm to control body functions and such. I thought about standalone but factory ECU is probably the better way to go for n/a
Old 05-20-2008, 06:20 AM   #76
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
with all things being equal they are they same, just like coca-cola and pepsi cola are both sodas.

but from what drift freaqs been telling me that the FWD blocks aren't as strong as rwd when it comes to HIGH horse power aplications.

but for using a factory ecu or a tuned factory ecu and some mods you should be good. seriously though, theres turbo vq max's out there making 500ish hp turbo running stock internals so i'm not even worried.

speaking of ECU's Sinister you REALLY should use a FACTORY ecu, using a stand alone on a VQ35DE is like using your Nintendo 8bit to play super smash brothers brawl for the wii. Sure you can make an 8bit version of it (im sure some one in china of Philippines has already done it) but it is not the same thing. Nissan has put ALLOT of tech into these ecu's they are equivalent to like a 128bit system. Although Haltech has come along ways with their VQ compatibilities its still can't run on stock sensors and make stock power. Look at all the vq swap guys that are in magazines already, they are making like 250 with cams and headers and exhaust. That is what it should be making factory to the wheels. Even in the superstreet where they compair the s15, s14 ka turbo, and a s13 vq. that s13 only put out supposedly 285 hp, but he was slower than the s14 ka turbo that had 320hp by no more than 2 seconds.
If he had a tuned factory ecu i bet he would of been faster by at least 1 second, but thats just my speculations.
I fully intend on using the factory ecu, thats why I am going through all the trouble of swapping in all the 350z wiring harness I have. Its more of a challenge but its actually cheaper. And this car wont be NA, I gave up NA when I was 17. Ever since then I have been addicted to boost lol.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #77
irax
Post Whore!

irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Quote:
irax the engine harness isnt the same for the Z and the maxima its not even the same for the Z and the G35 there are slight differences if its a Z engine get a Z harness just make it easier on yourself. Haltech platinum has come a very long way you should check out my350z.com those guys are making 20hp over stock from just tuning the haltech but you still need the stock ECU/bcm to control body functions and such. I thought about standalone but factory ECU is probably the better way to go for n/a
i said the engine was the same, not the harness or ecu

but yeah that just proves my point that STANDALONE is not the way to go, but piggy back is a different story.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #78
gregfarz78
Zilvia Member

Quote:
i said the engine was the same, not the harness or ecu

but yeah that just proves my point that STANDALONE is not the way to go, but piggy back is a different story.
oh my bad

I agree though since there is no true standalone system I think stock ecu would be a better route unless you plan on going boost which I'd be happy with 275-300 whp n/a
Old 05-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #79
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Got the wheel in today, the final product:

Now to change up how the dash will look.....
Old 05-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #80
irax
Post Whore!

i think an s15 steering wheel would of been cooler

but it sure beats the crap out of our stock steering wheels
Old 05-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #81
bblack_91240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (23)
bblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nicebblack_91240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Love the GReddy lip on the S15 bumper! Nice build as well
Old 05-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #82
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
i think an s15 steering wheel would of been cooler

but it sure beats the crap out of our stock steering wheels
S15 wheel = no cruise controls or radio controls. It also = expensive for a stock wheel, for 25 bucks you cant beat the maxima wheel being leather covered and all
Old 05-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #83
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
Quote:
S15 wheel = no cruise controls or radio controls. It also = expensive for a stock wheel, for 25 bucks you cant beat the maxima wheel being leather covered and all
Yup. Mad props man. Love the build and quality of it. You have maddd skills! ;] +1
The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #84
SinisterSntra91
Zilvia Junkie

Just some dicking around while I am waiting for some parts to come in so I can continue....

I need a S15 front support....anyone know where I can buy one?

How about a better than new S14 rear support?
Blasted:

Coated With Truck Bed Liner:

Misc. Parts Blasted:

And Coated:

And for those of you who asked what the HVAC controls look like on in the dash:
Old 05-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #85
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
BUMP nice build!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #86
snowmansent2hel
Zilvia Member

snowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to allsnowmansent2hel is a name known to all
very nice job on the fab work
Old 05-22-2008, 03:52 AM   #87
shrimpscampi
Leaky Injector

shrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura aboutshrimpscampi has a spectacular aura about
Impressive project SinisterSntra91...props
Old 05-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #88
DudeYourSoOOJDM
Zilvia Junkie

DudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud ofDudeYourSoOOJDM has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to DudeYourSoOOJDM
Very original with the steering wheel!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #89
Wulfpak
Leaky Injector

Wulfpak is an unknown quantity at this point
nice build!!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #90
BLKS13
Zilvia Member

BLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really niceBLKS13 is just really nice
I love it bro! Awesome work! Different while still being sexy! Can't wait for the final product
Closed Thread