Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bboyoracle
Supermade Fastback Build-up Thread

First and foremost I have to give thanks to my mechanic and friend Juan Castaneda. He has helped me with every mod on this car. The car wouldnt be where its at without him. The hardest working mexican i know!

Onto the build, in summer 2006 I sold my first car and found this gem on CL.

Such a breath of fresh air. Finally a clean stock 240! No welded diff, full interior and one color! Strong motor too.....or so i thought. A month or so after purchasing the KA went bye bye :0wned:

FRONT CLIP TIME!

Out with the KA!

In with the S13 Redtop. All work done by VIPGarage with the help of Soap(currently in the marines.....miss you man!) their awesome mechanic! If it wasnt for him none of this would have gotten done.

Now that my car had been running perfectly. I had to get rid of the seats. I guess i was spoiled from my gs-r leather. Here they are in all their stained and smelly glory.

To this....Bride Zeta III Gradiation and Bride XAXII

Next up....The evil curse of all fastbacks with spoilers. CANCER!

That was fixed by taking a trip to richmond to purchase a CF hatch someone was selling.:

I cant believe i had this in my car. Introducing my steering wheel with special features such as old man steering wheel leather wrap and mysterious sticky substance in the middle horn:

A quick purchase from Logan @ Aspec and Jdm Theory and i ended up with this setup. KEY!S steering wheel and Works Bell hub and quick release:

Enter SUMMER 2007. I ordered a shitload of parts all recieved and ready to be installed. Countless hours were spent staring into nothing trying to figure out why the hell cant we put this in. Damn japanese directions mean nothing! And their drawings didnt help!

Suspension(kei office xt, cusco front and rear sway bars) and brake(Q45 calipers and cross drilled rotors with HKS teflon brake lines):

MMmmm Gold and green hotness:

Interior(takata harnesses, miracle x bar, autopower roll bar)

Engine(ARC intake Box and Greddy bolt-ons)

Exterior(vis carbon fiber doors)One of those what the hell are we doing moments:

This is how we looked most of the summer lol(i'm on the left juan on the right):

The Garage aftermath, still looks like that :

FALL 2007

Got tired of the nasty door panels:

Bought some Bride fabric from Nukabe Automotive to upholster door panels and other misc interior parts:

I spent all of fall/winter/spring saving for aero and wheels. I was thinking of Vertex, Msport, Dmax, Ings but all of a sudden i was introduced to VIP styled cars. I guess to me it was more appealing because I wasnt looking to track my car. And the styling was so simple but clean. Sure i could buy a high priced aero kit that has been copied by every ebay company alive. But why be like everyone else when i can be different? So i decided on the following.

Thanks to Van Phan of www.OneTonGarage.com I recieved my Supermade 180sx Body kit along with Headlight Covers and 326Power roof spoiler and Supermade rear spoiler(not pictured). Not only did he supply the parts, he kept me updated from the time they left Japan to my door. As well as provide me with a lot of knowledge on modifying the car. Another person I have to give credit to on this build. Here's a picture of his gorgeous Q45 on Leon Hardiritt Ordens:

Early May:

Here is the box in my garage:

Lets take a look inside....

LAZY MOCK UP TIME!

Early June

The car has been at the body shop since Mid-May. Since then it has had its interior gutted, windows removed(which revealed front window rust which will be fixed), (PDR)Paintless Dent Removal throughout the car, rear window washer shaved and fenders rolled. The bulk of the work are the quarter panels which were in really bad shape. After lots of PDR, metal massaging the body guy is finishing up on them. Then the doors and front fenders come next. I wish I had some before pictures, but the work they have done so far is amazing.

Car should be primered by the end of the week and paint process beginning next week. Enough talk onto the pictures:

Where I'm at right now......

Obviously waiting for the body work and paint to be done and wheels to come in. Should arrive within the next two weeks. What wheels you ask?

Thanks to my sponsor, Work Wheels USA, I will be running Work Varianza D3S.

I'll keep this thread updated as much as possible. Hope you guys enjoyed the journey so far, still have some to go

Last edited by bboyoracle; 06-04-2008 at 08:34 PM..
bboyoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 06:54 PM   #2
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Ummm where's the finished supermade car?

Or you still posting the thread?

Or is this it?
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #3
silviaz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
silviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
very very clean. I hope you'll keep the "stock look" and paint. They are becoming more rare.
silviaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Ummm where's the finished supermade car?

Or you still posting the thread?

Or is this it?
Was still updating the thread when you posted. Should be a finished car by the end of this month
Old 06-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
cbcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

cbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura about
I think this is a build thread that will be updated. The car looks really good BBOY. Wish you would have sent me some pics.
cbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
ugh... what a tease..

I was hoping to see a finished supermade car... lol.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #7
cbcustoms
Zilvia Junkie

cbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura aboutcbcustoms has a spectacular aura about
Oh yeah BBOY give me a call when you get a chance
cbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #8
azndoc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
azndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfectionazndoc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to azndoc
Yeah I see that now.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

So it's still not a finished product huh?

Can't wait to see it.

** How the fuck did you get Work to sponsor you? Geez... Ballin.
azndoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndoc View Post
Yeah I see that now.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

So it's still not a finished product huh?

Can't wait to see it.

** How the fuck did you get Work to sponsor you? Geez... Ballin.
Nope not yet, was waiting until i saw some real progress in the build before posting. Didn't want one of those build-up threads that last two years.

Work Wheels USA was very supportive in my build and what I was trying to do with the car. As a first time builder i really have to take my hats off to them.

Last edited by bboyoracle; 06-05-2008 at 05:43 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
AnarchX
Leaky Injector

AnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud ofAnarchX has much to be proud of
Feckkkk... This dude is ridiculous. Here I am saving my lunch money to buy some new coilovers, and this guy drops dead prez like it ain't no thang. Shiiiiit.

herraNOTfrush
AnarchX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #11
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchX View Post
Feckkkk... This dude is ridiculous. Here I am saving my lunch money to buy some new coilovers, and this guy drops dead prez like it ain't no thang. Shiiiiit.

lmfao, same here.
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #12
Silkroad FC
Leaky Injector

Silkroad FC can only hope to improve
Looks good, carbon doors and a supermade kit, woo wee! Where'd you get the miracle x-bar at? I want that.
Silkroad FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #13
2fast240
Zilvia Member

2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute2fast240 has a reputation beyond repute
Love what I see so far! Shit looks tight man, good parts and taking your time! You are the Fucking Man!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #14
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkroad FC View Post
Looks good, carbon doors and a supermade kit, woo wee! Where'd you get the miracle x-bar at? I want that.
I got the Miracle X bar at n1 concepts:

http://www.n1concepts.com/product_p/mxb-rps13.htm

Thanks for the compliment. Carbon Doors are for sale. Felt like it would break up the car too much, so my metal doors are back on and hatch is being painted. Sale thread:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=193678

Last edited by bboyoracle; 06-04-2008 at 08:17 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #15
khmer1
Zilvia Junkie

khmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymorekhmer1 is not welcome here anymore
VIP STYLE FOR THE WIN WOOT how much thay kit cost you and headlights cover how you install that one?
khmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #16
240drifter1
Zilvia FREAK!

240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute240drifter1 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 240drifter1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyoracle View Post
I got the Miracle X bar at n1 concepts:

http://www.n1concepts.com/product_p/mxb-rps13.htm

Thanks for the compliment. Carbon Doors are for sale. Felt like it would break up the car too much, so my metal doors are back on and hatch is being painted.
Why dont you just paint the doors ?

+ rep for a future badass car.
240drifter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #17
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
THANK YOU for wanting to get rid of the doors. that was the only thing i really didnt like about this car.

miracle bar is cool along with
interior is super awesome too!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #18
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240drifter1 View Post
Why dont you just paint the doors ?

+ rep for a future badass car.
Honestly the paint job is killing me So selling it will help out. Otherwise I would have painted them.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 PM   #19
pink godzila
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (226)
pink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond reputepink godzila has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 226 reviews
I have a hatch with bit SuperMade style into it... will so far i only got the bucket and still waiting on light coming from Japan.

Here the picture right now, no side skirts, rear bumper, and carbon hood but soon it going to put together with the eye bucket aswell!!

Will put my later on when is done!!

+1 rep for you!!

Last edited by pink godzila; 06-05-2008 at 01:00 AM..
pink godzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:07 PM   #20
Silkroad FC
Leaky Injector

Silkroad FC can only hope to improve
Thanks for the link, I've got a 7 point cusco cage but I think that x-bar would make it look so much better, plus I wanted to dump my rear strut bar for something better anyways.
Silkroad FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #21
DJButton
Zilvia Junkie

DJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfectionDJButton is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to DJButton
Cannot wait to see the finished product man, sexytown!

New website! http://www.fujiispl.com
Post up YOUR CAR! http://www.rimtuck.com/
DJButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #22
firelizard
Zilvia Addict

firelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond reputefirelizard has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck man, you're doing the stuff I wanted to do!

And it's gonna be sick mate.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #23
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
this is one interesting build up!!! keep em posted!!!

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
sijia10358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 PM   #24
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
clean. very clean. mad jealous. of the work wheel sponsor.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #25
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
is that a fram oil filter? anyways very nice freaking car, going to be sick.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #26
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Looking real good. I have to agree with you, Van at OneTon is the man!

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #27
sergey911
Leaky Injector

sergey911 will become famous soon enoughsergey911 will become famous soon enoughsergey911 will become famous soon enoughsergey911 will become famous soon enoughsergey911 will become famous soon enough
Wow looks good. I love that kit, cant wait to see it when it's done
Old 06-04-2008, 10:44 PM   #28
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eds13
i slmost ordered that kit last summer....lol freakin $1800...

but yeah dude, props. i wanna see it done!
Old 06-05-2008, 12:26 AM   #29
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
i wanna see the end product!!!!
an_orange_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #30
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Where can one find bride material like that?