Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
TrustS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
TrustS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Buddy Club Spec II chat

Who here has one? Opinions? I just bought one and put it on my SR and honestly am not too satisfied with the sound of this exhaust. It fits really good, but somewhat rubs the chassis (probably due to knock off downpipe).

My setup
SR20DET Redtop (stock)
Tubular Manifold
GT2871RS on 8psi
3" downpipe
supporting bolt ons

I had a Ebay 99.99 exhaust (the surewinproducts HKS Hi Power knock off) and it sounded AMAZING (probably due to the resonator and cans resonator)

About to honestly sell my Buddy Club and buy another knock off.. The Buddy Club build quality is very impressive though and the ground clearance is great.

Some pics..

I'll try and get a video tonight since I know a ton of people are curious how it sounds. It's somewhat hard to describe.. it's very "raw" but to me not as deep as my old exhaust. It's definately loud, and I expected it to be, just doesn't quite have the tone I was after.
TrustS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
I loved my spec 2, I want another one. I have a S-13 espelir JGT 500 exhaust that I wanna trade for a spec 2...

As for the fitment, I had rubbing issues too. It's just really tight, that's the way it was designed. The sound was pretty raspy and super loud on my KA, but I liked it. My Espelir definitely sounds better though...
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
I had a Spec II last year.

Bought it Friday.

Came in on Monday.

Installed Tuesday.

Removed Thursday.

Sold Friday.

Not my cup of tea at all.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I had one on my S14.
Loved it.

Mine rubbed the chassis around where my driver seat bolts in somewhere. I just smashed it with a hammer a little and that was fixed.

I hated the silencer design. All of it.
Sprayed it high temp flat black so it wasn't like a big shiny circle. lol
Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #5
240sxvaj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
240sxvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
let me help you with the exhaust.

here is a vid with the buddy club spec 2 exhaust on my s13 KA24DE-T25

YouTube - dyno tune day
240sxvaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
PM me if you decide to sell it, I have been thinking about getting one... nice pics.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
I have a video too I made a few years back of me being a fruitcake, but you can hear the sound pretty well.

When BC released this exhaust in jp I had a hard on for it, and ordered it from *some lame vendor* who got it to me 6 months later.

I am with brian on the silencer, it is big, and lame, mine ended up shooting itself out of the car on the 605S interchange to 405S.

I had a knock off down pipe, but cut it and re-welded it for ground clearance, also had the trans mount tight. My spec II never rubbed. Build quality is beyond beyond good.

240sx S13 SR20 Burnout

Steve Shadows had the Spec II for a little. He got over it and got the CS quite exhaust and made more power on the dyno than the spec II.

So all in all, if you want a really well built wanna be "boso" exhaust, for sure get it. Other wise there are less expensive, less conspicuous, and more power systems out there.

Oh.

I swapped it onto my KA car for a week, because I got an exhaust ticket in the red car. NA KA sounded dumb as retarded babies with the spec II.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i had one on my s14 with sr, loved it sound, look, and ground clearance.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #9
240sxvaj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
240sxvaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
oops forgot to leave my input about the exhaust. this exhaust sounds so freaking nice, especially when accelerating. but overall this exhaust is freaking as loud like those harley davidson motor cycles. my bro got pull over driving my car and he was only cruising around 30MPH.
240sxvaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #10
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker
mannn i love this exhaust haha

sold it though cuz its a big time bust in the streets here in cali

i was running it with a test pipe with a built sr and when your at high rpm the sound was intense

then at low rpm super deep and still loud
240cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
i looooooove my BC spec II, it really releases the sound of the sr20, its really loud, but not as retardedly loud as a straight pipe so the cops don't fuck with me too much, plus i can't stand the look of a canister exhaust, i think big can exhaust look ricey and dumb, i'm more into just straight piping poking out from under the bumper (dart izumey, blast pipes, instant gentleman, trust DD, BC spec II, Reighn Hard, etc.)

couple pics

Old 12-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #12
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
I've always wanted one... I'll get one once I get rid of my BWave exhaust.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #13
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It's funny i was just looking at these systems today. I wanna try it out, if your going to sell it ill buy it from you.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #14
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
If i were you, id just buy an aspec blastpipe, cut the bc spec II up and weld on the aspec. Should look nice if you do it right.

As for the discussion, dont like the sound of the bc spec II at all. Like the deep tone of my Reinhard
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #15
240ss
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
240ss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
always wanted this exhaust. I think it looks 10x better than the canister style.

i'm runnin an apexi n1 right now. Hit me up if your interested in trading. Its a bit dinged up but structurally sound.
240ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #16
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
luv luv luv

buddy club spec II x divorced wastegate
YouTube - Josh and Leigh pull a killer Paris and Nicole.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #17
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
USA 180SX king has SPOKEN ^^^^^
Old 12-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #18
bones321
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
bones321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bones321
i honestly love the sound of the BC spec II. i have it on my car, plan on keeping it too

It will take me a while to get hard I just got layed last night
bones321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #19
TheWayItGoes909
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
TheWayItGoes909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Would like to see pics of one sprayed flat black on a hatch! to bad cops hate on exhaust in Cali
TheWayItGoes909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #20
Brian
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWayItGoes909 View Post
Would like to see pics of one sprayed flat black on a hatch! to bad cops hate on exhaust in Cali
I ran mine on my daily car for over a year.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
bones321
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
bones321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bones321
ive had mine on for about 5 months, nothing yet. knock on wood

It will take me a while to get hard I just got layed last night
bones321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #22
JVD
Nissanaholic!

JVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfectionJVD is close to perfection
Low RPM sounds kinda deep and gay.

High RPM sounds ridiculous and awesome. I puke my pants.
JVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had it on my S-14 for about 5 months and I never have a problem with cops, They don't even look my way. I'm worried about how it will be with the VQ though lol, I really like the design the build quality is incredible and it's clearance is insane. Mine touches on my subframe but only just barely.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #24
dxs080jpgex
Zilvia Addict

dxs080jpgex will become famous soon enoughdxs080jpgex will become famous soon enoughdxs080jpgex will become famous soon enoughdxs080jpgex will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to dxs080jpgex
ive been dding one for about a year now on a stock ka and as long as u don't drive like an ass its not terrible. i got one loud exhaust ticket but it was more of a im not gonna give u a 56 in a 40 ticket. (i love preemptive pullovers) its definitely an acquired taste but it sound so good on turbo cars.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #25
papa
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
papa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to papa
i love mine! had it with the ka and the sr
Old 12-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #26
s13gebala
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
s13gebala is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i ordered a spec2 but they sent me a spec3

has a tube resonator and a smaller canister, sounds great
s13gebala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #27
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^^ pics?
Old 12-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #28
neoninja
Leaky Injector

neoninja is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had mine for 2 years and love it! No tickets. Fitment is good and clearance is awesome. Perfect for slammed cars because there's no stupid can hangin around.

And they look sweet in black...
neoninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:03 PM   #29
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Ugh, so good. Trade for a 3" B Wave, anyone?
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #30
drivens13
Zilvia Member

drivens13 is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=neoninja;3200534]I've had mine for 2 years and love it! No tickets. Fitment is good and clearance is awesome. Perfect for slammed cars because there's no stupid can hangin around.

Yup and to explain the exhaust note I believe alot would have to do with your equal length tubular mani. When i first let someone drive with the ka-t setup i was like wtf sounds like a fucking fart can.Three years later i still have the same setup which includes Peakboost mani to 3inch DP ,open dump,resonated test pipe and BC spec 2 .
drivens13 is offline   Reply With Quote