Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #31
BlitzRPS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
BlitzRPS13 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks really good.
BlitzRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #32
essforteen
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
essforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant futureessforteen has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Update what you did with your cabin harness!
essforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #33
heavenboundkevin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
heavenboundkevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
how much do you think the longblock, in the config that you moved it down the stairs weigh? like 350-400 lbs?

im talking about from the oil pan to valve cover, with all internals, the intake mani and exh/turbo manifold...
heavenboundkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #34
HOBBS240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
HOBBS240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETHANOLED SR View Post
You would rather have these over these?

Quote:

Mind is full of fuck

Seriously though, you're using 300z brakes over the stoptechs ? any reason in particular?
HOBBS240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #35
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Thanks again for all the props!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essforteen View Post
Update what you did with your cabin harness!
I want to but with the killer heat wave these last few days I can't even imagine being in the 240 for more than a minute. Waiting for the weather to cool down so I can get some work done and snap a few pics for updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenboundkevin View Post
how much do you think the longblock, in the config that you moved it down the stairs weigh? like 350-400 lbs?

im talking about from the oil pan to valve cover, with all internals, the intake mani and exh/turbo manifold...
I'm guessin' at least that much if not more with the wooden plank and all. I'm pretty sure the billet forged Stroker crank, Darton cast sleeves and top mount F.R. kit added even more weight.
Considering 2 guys brought this down those stairs I think it was pretty amazing nothing was damaged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBS240 View Post
You would rather have these over these?

Mind is full of fuck

Seriously though, you're using 300z brakes over the stoptechs ? any reason in particular?

You're right, mind is full of fuck.
I wouldn't choose the 300z brakes over the Stop Tech bbk, but I had to since the Stop Tech's are gone now!!! Forgot to mention that in the thread. I give you props for paying attention to detail!

Hopefully I'll get a sick BBK all around soon, but for now I have to do with the Z's.
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:19 AM   #36
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
Well honestly... Depending on what you are doing, the 300zx brakes should be fine. Unless of course you are building a show car which I seriously doubt.

You previously mentioned drag so I assume that's what it's being built for? Or are you building it for multiple purposes?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #37
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97240TB View Post
Well honestly... Depending on what you are doing, the 300zx brakes should be fine. Unless of course you are building a show car which I seriously doubt.

You previously mentioned drag so I assume that's what it's being built for? Or are you building it for multiple purposes?
The Z brakes will be ok for drifting and street, but on time attack it won't last much with the amount of heat the small rotors will be exposed to.

I mentioned drag as in the long block was built for a drag setup, but my turbo setup is a 30R FULL RACE twin scroll. NOT a drag setup at all!

If I wanted to drag the motor I would've went with the original 42R GT turbo setup plan. Here's a picture of the block with G-Dimension's Castrol Challenge Turbo setup that they ran on their 2.2L block and pulled over 900hp easily! They still had room for way more boost and HP gains!

This is what my long block was built for!

This is the setup I have on it instead for time attack/Drift/and hopefully street!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #38
GroundPerformance
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
GroundPerformance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Wow.. Sick build keep us updated.

SoCal KA24DET/KA24ET Owners
<< Join the FB Group >>
GroundPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #39
scoob

scoob is an unknown quantity at this point
please clean that alternator!

sick build man!!
scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:11 AM   #40
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

^^^ Thanks everyone!
I've got some progress on the build. I got all the engine and chassis wiring complete and ran, all my gauges, boost controller, Tein EDFC unit, turbo timer, and the power FC hooked up. I still need to do my ground wires, and run the electric fan wires and relays.

I fed the engine bay harness back thru the driver side hole, welded that big hole shut. Then I open up the harness and deleted all relays and wires pertaining to. I was able to delete one of the relay boxes completely and consolidate all relays into one box. I re loomed the new cleaned harness and ran it along the bar under the dash across to passenger side. I used zipties like a mad man to keep it all together and tucked up along the dash bar neatly encase I need to troubleshoot. I then extended any wires that needed to reach to engine and trans. It's a long and grueling process but it will pay off if done right. Now I have nothing in the engine bay other than motor and parts attached to it. I was able to get the dash all bolted on as well.

I had this custom water pipe made for my temp sensor.

Here's a pic of the relay box sitting behind and above the glove box now!

Here's the motor with all the wiring plugged up other than the coil packs!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #41
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Wow, amazing attention to detail! I am really excited to see how this looks in the end. Keep it up man!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #42
Sreds13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Sreds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSreds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSreds13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownSreds13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
More detail photos of the wire tuck... It looks like you shoved everything under the dash where the wires would fit? I did the same thing last year and this summer I ripped it all back out because I could get to anything. Heres a before and after just for ideas for you. Build looks great just adding an extra idea for you. Keep up the good build man.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #43
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
awesome work!! this is gonna be a beast!!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #44
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Wow, amazing attention to detail! I am really excited to see how this looks in the end. Keep it up man!
Thanks! You're ride is clean as hell man! I'm far away from the paint stage still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreds13 View Post
More detail photos of the wire tuck... It looks like you shoved everything under the dash where the wires would fit? I did the same thing last year and this summer I ripped it all back out because I could get to anything. Heres a before and after just for ideas for you. Build looks great just adding an extra idea for you. Keep up the good build man.

Yeah, I want a custom race style chassis harness done with switch panel and all but budget is very tight and I'm at the point of just wanting to get it started and broken in already. I have big plans still but need time to put some ends together. I did this harness out in the sun drenched in sweat and all . This is temporary till I have it done proper later on. Thanks for the idea though!
Your setup looks nice and it seems like you spent a lot of time, it must have been nice doing it indoors though!

Last edited by ETHANOLED SR; 09-29-2010 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: misspelled! haha!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #45
PerilousActs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
PerilousActs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Can you list what relays you removed? I'm about to start mine and would love to do the same thing.
PerilousActs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #46
Gordo714
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Gordo714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
props on build good job man
Old 09-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #47
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob View Post
please clean that alternator!

sick build man!!
Better yet, get a quest alternator from ebay and the bracket to run one from codyace!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #48
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerilousActs View Post
Can you list what relays you removed? I'm about to start mine and would love to do the same thing.
I canceled all the relays from this box except for the ACC relay which I relocated with the other box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
Better yet, get a quest alternator from ebay and the bracket to run one from codyace!
I've heard of this upgrade, do you think I need the quest alternator considering I have nothing but ignition, fuel, fans and lighting? Will it make a big difference with my setup?

Last edited by ETHANOLED SR; 09-30-2010 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: bad photo link
Old 09-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #49
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
Ah I see, Well then you would definetly need a better brake setup lol

I wasn't sure exactly what your plans were for the car but everything looks to be coming together rather nicely, Great job man.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #50
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
so I have a questions, you cut most of the front away to save weight...but you ended at the front wheel wells. ummm, why? I understand it would prevent things from getting in your engine bay, but you cut the front off? so istn't that defeating the purpose? Or did you have other ideas for keeping shit out of the engine?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #51
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
I've heard of this upgrade, do you think I need the quest alternator considering I have nothing but ignition, fuel, fans and lighting? Will it make a big difference with my setup?
I paid 80 bucks for my alternator and 75 for the mounting hardware (not sure what the price is now.) I run taurus fans, big hp draws a lot of juice. I'm just prepping for the future. You look like you got a nice light show going on inside of that car. I'd say it's worth it.

Here is mine.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #52
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

^^^ Thanks for all the props guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
so I have a questions, you cut most of the front away to save weight...but you ended at the front wheel wells. ummm, why? I understand it would prevent things from getting in your engine bay, but you cut the front off? so istn't that defeating the purpose? Or did you have other ideas for keeping shit out of the engine?
I'm sorry but I am completely lost in your grammar and I can't figure out what exactly it is you're asking!!! I cut out the s15 core support and sold it, then I decided to make a custom core support second time around. I cut out the front flat sections of the tubs because they were too beat up to fix. I decided to keep them cut out and open rather than adding new pieces when there's no use for it! I also thought of cutting the tubs all the way out to the towers, but decided it would be too much open space for my taste.

So, in conclusion, I just left the tubs in and the cut out flat sections out! It's different than the usual tub job but who says they have to go all the way to the core support? The whole engine bay is stitched and has a tube core support, I'm not worried of any extra rigidity those flat pieces might have added if any at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I paid 80 bucks for my alternator and 75 for the mounting hardware (not sure what the price is now.) I run taurus fans, big hp draws a lot of juice. I'm just prepping for the future. You look like you got a nice light show going on inside of that car. I'd say it's worth it.

Here is mine.
Well it definitely looks nicer than the s13 one. I might invest in one of these! Thanks for the input!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #53
Michael Nolan
Leaky Injector

Michael Nolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Michael Nolan
Awesome build!
Michael Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #54
mikerbike
Zilvia Junkie

mikerbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
^^^ Thanks for all the props guys!!!

I'm sorry but I am completely lost in your grammar and I can't figure out what exactly it is you're asking!!! I cut out the s15 core support and sold it, then I decided to make a custom core support second time around. I cut out the front flat sections of the tubs because they were too beat up to fix. I decided to keep them cut out and open rather than adding new pieces when there's no use for it! I also thought of cutting the tubs all the way out to the towers, but decided it would be too much open space for my taste.

So, in conclusion, I just left the tubs in and the cut out flat sections out! It's different than the usual tub job but who says they have to go all the way to the core support? The whole engine bay is stitched and has a tube core support, I'm not worried of any extra rigidity those flat pieces might have added if any at all!
I'm pretty sure he meant, "Now that your engine bay is no longer completely sealed from the elements, WHAT THE HELL YOU GONNA DO WHEN SOME O'DAT SHIT GETS UP IN DERRRRR?"

SRSLY, who lets things from the outside world get into their engine bays?
mikerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #55
i♥boobies!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
i♥boobies! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
daaaaaaaaaaamn!!
it looks great man
i cant wait to see it when its done
i♥boobies! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #56
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
very nice work man!
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #57
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Nolan View Post
Awesome build!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerbike View Post
I'm pretty sure he meant, "Now that your engine bay is no longer completely sealed from the elements, WHAT THE HELL YOU GONNA DO WHEN SOME O'DAT SHIT GETS UP IN DERRRRR?"

SRSLY, who lets things from the outside world get into their engine bays?
WOW!!! This is all new info to me, thanks in advance! I wasn't aware of that small front section of the tubs being my protectors from the elements and the outside world! Man, what was I thinking?
Wait so the fact that the whole bottom side of the engine bay is wide open to the ELEMENTS and The OUTSIDE WORLD makes no difference? But the front section of the tubs do? OK!!!
If you haven't noticed this car will not be very street friendly thus I won't be street driving it much.
Thanks for translating for me though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥boobies! View Post
daaaaaaaaaaamn!!
it looks great man
i cant wait to see it when its done
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3123MY View Post
very nice work man!
^^^ Thanks! I can't wait either!
Old 09-30-2010, 06:17 PM   #58
mikerbike
Zilvia Junkie

mikerbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I covered the bottom of my car in duct tape, then i weather-stripped the bottom of the hood. I couldn't imagine a world where dirt and road grime were allowed to share a space with my KA24DE.
mikerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #59
crazybb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
crazybb is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Where did u get the mount kit for the alternator?
crazybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #60
Okinawandrifter87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
Okinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfectionOkinawandrifter87 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybb View Post
Where did u get the mount kit for the alternator?
If you just hit the search button you would know that the member on here by the name of Codyace on here makes the kit him self and sells them. Next time search cause people won't be as nice to give you an answer you can find on your own.

P.s even Om1kron mentions him by name in his post. Welcome to fail. Population = you.

Can't wait for more updates OP.