Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
kognition
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Dentsport+Kognition = Nürburgring!!!

We recently put a 78" wing package together for our new dealer in Sweden for their Ultima GTR. Which is preparing to make an attempt in the next few weeks at Nürburgring for the production car lap record. To make a long story short, they emailed me for a good competent fabricator here that could fly over and pick up where their last guy left off. I don't know the details of what happened with the last fab guy. But i contacted two people that i knew could likely do the job with the same urgency as if it were their own track car they were prepping. Bill over at DSG was my top choice. So he is there this week getting it done. He is staying in a Boeing 747 converted into a hostel, which looks pretty damn nice. I am sure he will fill us in when he returns. I will update this thread as often as i get news and images back from Bill. I do not have alot of info on the car at the moment, but i will post or Bill will if he gets time. He is there for about 10 days. Here are some shots of the car from today.
http://kognitiondesign.com/Ultima-1.jpg
http://kognitiondesign.com/Ultima-2.jpg
http://kognitiondesign.com/Ultima-4.jpg
http://kognitiondesign.com/Ultima-1.jpg

kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
More pics of the car

Old 06-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Wow, keeping an eye on this one.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
kognition
Premium Member

And some pics around town, including the hostel outfitted from a 747!

Nice!

Jury is still out on this thing,

The universal food of champions

Team rig

Team owner Alx (center)
Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Freaking AWESOME!!! I got your mailer yesterday night and was checking it out... It almost looks like a replica Nissan R390.... hard to tell though....
Old 06-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
that car is going to be so sick. Bill is the right guy to send. As an aside.. Me being a pilot, and seeing that 747 makes me want to go to sweden just to see it, and see my family.

and drink beer

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
kognition
Premium Member

This car has the credentials too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Freaking AWESOME!!! I got your mailer yesterday night and was checking it out... It almost looks like a replica Nissan R390.... hard to tell though....
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
kognition
Premium Member

Here's what Bill's room looks like on the plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericStephenc View Post
that car is going to be so sick. Bill is the right guy to send. As an aside.. Me being a pilot, and seeing that 747 makes me want to go to sweden just to see it, and see my family.

and drink beer
Old 06-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #9
S13SILVIA|E46M3
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
S13SILVIA|E46M3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That Ultima is gonna smash on the Nürburgring! Especially with a TT LS motor making well over a Grand, and a load of Grip. Suscribed. Can't wait to see the Updates!

S13 SR|G37|E46 Wagon|X5 35d
S13SILVIA|E46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
thats freaking awesome, Looks fun.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #11
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Amazing! Love the Ultima GTR!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
MandTPhotography
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
MandTPhotography is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sickkkkkkk! Subscribed.
MandTPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #13
junkyiv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
junkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsilvias13 View Post
Amazing! Love the Ultima GTR!
Is that one next on the list David?!
junkyiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #14
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
How does that Ultima fit in the "Production Car" specs, like what are the qualifications for that class? Sick build/trip. Subscribed.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #15
SWAT Team S14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
SWAT Team S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Wow that car is SICK....& the 747 hostel is pretty cool too
SWAT Team S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 PM   #16
kognition
Premium Member

I don't know the qualifications required that makes a car a production car. But i assume it starts with it being street registered and have some kind of volume production requirement. This car is street registered in Sweden. The Radical, which is also a British built car like the Ultima, currently holds the lap record for a production car at the ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
How does that Ultima fit in the "Production Car" specs, like what are the qualifications for that class? Sick build/trip. Subscribed.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
kognition
Premium Member

Yea that 747 was a brilliant idea whoever came up with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAT Team S14 View Post
Wow that car is SICK....& the 747 hostel is pretty cool too
Old 06-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #18
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
I sure as heck hope they get an in car full video of the lap oh man.....
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #19
kognition
Premium Member

They will have in car video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripTerror View Post
I sure as heck hope they get an in car full video of the lap oh man.....
Old 06-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #20
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Looking at this thread makes me feel kinda funny, like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #21
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
wait, is this a gtr 720 tuned ? i thought it was a maxximus for a sec.

prediction times?
mine 6:48 nurbruging
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #22
kognition
Premium Member

This was the car last year
Old 06-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #23
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
wow i was right on the money. well, for last year.

hmmm...maybe i should play lotto today.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #24
niteridaz503
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
niteridaz503 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
holy crap SUBSCRIBED lol this car looks amazing
niteridaz503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #25
ColonelSanders

ColonelSanders is an unknown quantity at this point
subscribed! awesome stuff
ColonelSanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:48 AM   #26
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
must...get...plane room....mile....high.....OOOOOO!
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:55 AM   #27
kognition
Premium Member

Exclamation

Here is a 4am update. I am just finishing up Chris Rado's backup wings for Road Atlanta and Sebring, and got this from Alx in Sweden. Looks like Red Bull has signed on as the primary sponsor.
http://kognitiondesign.com/ultima-wing-mounted.jpg
Old 07-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #28
trapstar18
BANNED

trapstar18 is an unknown quantity at this point
that thing is fuckin RAD! i cant stop looking at it.
trapstar18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #29
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
i wonder how many peeps on here think the ultima gtr is related to a nissan..... and for those of you who think its rad, it is, checkout the TraMontana

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #30
kognition
Premium Member

That is a nice looking car for real.
It's too bad that carbon wheel maker (Dymag UK) went under last year. Rado told me that he bought 14K worth of them and never got them. They just took his money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
i wonder how many peeps on here think the ultima gtr is related to a nissan..... and for those of you who think its rad, it is, checkout the TraMontana