Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 05:48 PM   #1621
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Bikes versus windshields is a strawman. The two have nothing to do with eachother. If a driver in a fully prepped racecar could be thrown free of the accident from inside a car that weighs about as much as he does safety concerns drop considerably, but we are still talking about 3000 potential death machines.

If a windshield can keep a delaminated tire or loose piece of bodywork out of my face I'm keeping it.
Bingo.

Also hot exploding fluids from a blown engine, smoke from other cars, etc.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Only in drifting would "race cars" run with not windshield, loose handing body parts, batteries just flopping around and tires with belts showing.

People would shit fucking bricks if you went to a real event. We had to bring inspection report from a pre-approved shop stating the track worthiness of the Porsche. We had to go through a full 4 person 15 minute inspection and log review, and they even took brake pad measurements, harness MFG date inspection and reviewed the tire heat-cycle log.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #1622
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I can't tell if the poor s13 has been repainted so many times to get that effect, or he did it intentionally.

Side note:

These little cringey circle jerkers think I am the 240sx Police since I linked his profile on my IG profile... They are sadly far off, I only wish I was that smart. Props to the real owner. The mystery is all the fun!
Old 08-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #1623
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
this is why they need to stop handing out those participation awards to losers.

ratchet 40 gang is a squad of idiots much like this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp9e0s4zbxk
Old 08-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #1624
Epoxy

Trader Rating: (0)
Epoxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As far as the windshield topic goes; I personally have had delaminated tires, rocks, and hot fluids hit my windshield during an event. I was pretty happy about having that thin piece of glass there to protect me. Idiots will be idiots and do away with their personal safety. People get in the mindset of thinking "It will never happen to me." Thats why this thread exists, to spotlight the people you want to avoid on the track, or avoid getting any sort of sane advice from.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #1625
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

TwoForDeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
I can't tell if the poor s13 has been repainted so many times to get that effect, or he did it intentionally.

Side note:

These little cringey circle jerkers think I am the 240sx Police since I linked his profile on my IG profile... They are sadly far off, I only wish I was that smart. Props to the real owner. The mystery is all the fun!
I've heard/seen like 5 different zilvia names being thrown out as the 240sx style police haha. May the man behind the mask ensue the butthurtedness.

Cliff:
follow me on IG: thatrhd240
Old 08-22-2014, 06:49 PM   #1626
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Only in drifting would "race cars" run with not windshield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoxy View Post
As far as the windshield topic goes; I personally have had delaminated tires, rocks, and hot fluids hit my windshield during an event. I was pretty happy about having that thin piece of glass there to protect me. Idiots will be idiots and do away with their personal safety. People get in the mindset of thinking "It will never happen to me." Thats why this thread exists, to spotlight the people you want to avoid on the track, or avoid getting any sort of sane advice from.
Don't mean to call anyone out but I feel like someone should point out that most dirt track race cars run without a windshield. I should also point out that there is much more flying debris to contend with on a dirt track then any track that you would be drifting on.

While I agree that running no windshield on a drift car or any roadcourse/asphalt race car is stupid and lazy, I see so many other much more serious and dangerous safety violations on some of these cars that it doesn't really make sense to get so hung up on the windshield issue.

I haven't made it out to many drift events lately but unless something has changed in the past year or so, this thread DOES NOT represent the majority of the drift community. Most cars I see at local events are fairly average cars that would likely pass NASA HPDE tech inspection without issue. Its just a select few people in the community and threads like this that make busted/unsafe cars seem like they are the norm when in reality that is far from the case.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #1627
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

TwoForDeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
Don't mean to call anyone out but I feel like someone should point out that most dirt track race cars run without a windshield. I should also point out that there is much more flying debris to contend with on a dirt track then any track that you would be drifting on.

While I agree that running no windshield on a drift car or any roadcourse/asphalt race car is stupid and lazy, I see so many other much more serious and dangerous safety violations on some of these cars that it doesn't really make sense to get so hung up on the windshield issue.

I haven't made it out to many drift events lately but unless something has changed in the past year or so, this thread DOES NOT represent the majority of the drift community. Most cars I see at local events are fairly average cars that would likely pass NASA HPDE tech inspection without issue. Its just a select few people in the community and threads like this that make busted/unsafe cars seem like they are the norm when in reality that is far from the case.

^^^^THIS

At the last even I went to, which was last weekend, the good majority of cars seemed pretty damn legit and I wouldnt doubt any of them passing tech. But...there were those few that were..questionable at best.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #1628
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
This safety debate is fucking stupid. Don't like safety regulations? Don't participate in motorsports. EVERY motorsport has safety regulations. Drifting organizations are just too relaxed. Nobody's saying you need a FIA spec roll cage, fire system, full fire suit, hans device, etc to participate. Functioning stock safety equipment is fine for non-tandem runs. A windshield is just stupid to not have installed. Off road/circle track guys don't run them because the debris that gets kicked up would likely crack them and/or gather up on the windshield to the point where you can't see. That is CLEARLY not safe. Those guys do have wire mesh in place of the windshield to protect them from debris though. I grew up at SCCA events. Being raised in that environment I take safety VERY seriously. All of the participants need to realize that they are taking their lives in their hands when participating in ANY form of motorsport. You can run off and DIE at ANY corner, on ANY track, at ANY time. Those of us that are exposed to these facts learn to respect them. The drift retards think it's all a game, "it's just fun". The reality is that it is NOT just fun. You're taking your life in your hands and it's NOT a game. This is serious shit and you MUST understand and respect the consequences.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #1629
Loufig
Leaky Injector

Loufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-knownLoufig is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
Weds Kranze Cerberus are some of the best wheel designs made if you ask most people. They are authentic, have dish, and sizing is great.

The rest of the stuff you mentioned could be due to him currently building it.
still ugly.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:56 PM   #1630
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
HEY!! LETS COMPARE APPLES AND ORANGES.

I'm not even wasting my breath.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:00 PM   #1631
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
This safety debate is fucking stupid. Don't like safety regulations? Don't participate in motorsports. EVERY motorsport has safety regulations. Drifting organizations are just too relaxed. Nobody's saying you need a FIA spec roll cage, fire system, full fire suit, hans device, etc to participate. Functioning stock safety equipment is fine for non-tandem runs. A windshield is just stupid to not have installed. Off road/circle track guys don't run them because the debris that gets kicked up would likely crack them and/or gather up on the windshield to the point where you can't see. That is CLEARLY not safe. Those guys do have wire mesh in place of the windshield to protect them from debris though. I grew up at SCCA events. Being raised in that environment I take safety VERY seriously. All of the participants need to realize that they are taking their lives in their hands when participating in ANY form of motorsport. You can run off and DIE at ANY corner, on ANY track, at ANY time. Those of us that are exposed to these facts learn to respect them. The drift retards think it's all a game, "it's just fun". The reality is that it is NOT just fun. You're taking your life in your hands and it's NOT a game. This is serious shit and you MUST understand and respect the consequences.
Thumbs Up!

Old 08-22-2014, 09:12 PM   #1632
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
there is some true retard on the schassis fb page. I just got done trying to convince some kid trading his beemer for "180sx" (rhd converted hatch) was a shitty idea. he still thinks its a real 180. I have no hope...
Old 08-22-2014, 09:15 PM   #1633
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
nevermind hes in Canada haha
Old 08-22-2014, 09:19 PM   #1634
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
In ANY form of motorsport, you can run off and DIE at ANY corner, on ANY track, at ANY time. Those of us that are exposed to these facts learn to respect them. The retards think it's all a game, "it's just fun". The reality is that it is NOT just fun. You're taking your life in your hands and it's NOT a game. This is serious shit and you MUST understand and respect the consequences.
make a serious enough mistake and our maker awaits
Old 08-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #1635
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
I got called gay, cause I don't drive a "Silvia".
Old 08-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #1636
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Drift cars should only have fake cages.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2sqbsz13kc
Old 08-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #1637
kikcaffine
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kikcaffine is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Old 08-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #1638
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Did we suddenly forget how dangerous and weird dirt track races are? Who really thought direct drive, giant stagger, and a huge wing over the windshield was a good idea?

Not having wipers and a windshield is pretty low on the list of shit that's wrong with those cars.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:28 AM   #1639
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light

This can be all yours for $2500 http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4624518137.html

Old 08-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #1640
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

That's actually sweet as hell!
Old 08-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #1641
aga
Zilvia Junkie

aga is an unknown quantity at this point
someone can buy this and go crush all the doing-it-wrong 240sx's

oh wait...they might actually like the ain'tcare look afterwards

"do some treadmarks on mine too bro"
Old 08-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #1642
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

Quote:
I'm going to have a machine shop make a protective under lip with teeth pointing up, and do like a lion theme with it. Take the gay wing off. It looked a lot better with no wing. Add some white to it. I like that blend on a car.
Like · Yesterday at 10:03pm
Old 08-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #1643
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Old 08-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #1644
PIEMAN909
Zilvia Junkie

PIEMAN909 is an unknown quantity at this point
People who call their 240s Silvias are all doing it wrong.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #1645
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Old 08-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #1646
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEMAN909 View Post
People who call their 240s Silvias are all doing it wrong.
okayy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
Old 08-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #1647
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
better than most that have this theme, but still real ugly.

and i enjoy how they think they found the address of whoever runs the style police IG.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #1648
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Are they still seriously trying to figure it out? Hahaha yeah I'm keeping my mouth shut. But keep looking guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 08-23-2014, 05:12 PM   #1649
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
you know what i've always found funny about cars like the above (red s14)

assuming the car was well-kept, and dude takes it out to a club or bar, meets a chick... there are PLENTY of women who dont give a fuck and would gladly sit passenger in a car like that without care in the world...

but because car people are typically nerds who micro-analyze everything... we make fun of shit like that. i mean, if my friend owned that car i dont think i'de ever want to be caught dead in that heap of shit

the fucking car has FANGS... christ. i'll put money and say... that car is NOT from socal. its gotta be east-coast or mid-west.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #1650
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
every car i have ever seen that has those ricer body kits, have it paint matched

just an observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
Closed Thread