Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-26-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Boosted240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
Boosted240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted240sx
Another damn conversion question

Hey I was wondering if anyone that has done the s15 converison would mind telling me how much time and money was actually needed to make the fenders fit? I would really like to hear from a couple of different people that have differnet fenders...thanks.....
Boosted240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2005, 02:46 PM   #2
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How much experience do you have working with fiberglass?

As u prolly already knew, I have ICs. They needed some help, but not a whole lot of adding new glass. You've seen my write-up ya?

All fenders require work, it's just a matter of how "show-quality" u want it to be, and how much experience u have. Will you do it yourself or have a body shop do it? S14->S15 or S13->S15?

Hoping u searched before posting...

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:58 PM   #3
Boosted240sx

Yeah i have a little bit of experience in fiberglass but not a great deal. Ill be going s14<s15. I am quite sure ive seen your write up because i know ive done enough looking...but just incase what is the link? I am not looking for something that is show quality but i do want something that doesnt look like shit....thanks for your help....

PS: any idea how hard it is to blend oem s15 and s14 fenders together? labor time idea?
Old 04-27-2005, 12:37 AM   #4
BobbyBoy
Zilvia Junkie

BobbyBoy is making a name for him/her selfBobbyBoy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to BobbyBoy
I spent 6 hours making my Jspecusa masa replica fenders fit. It was not fun at all. The fenders were definitely not worth $500 with shipping. They were on par with the amount of work needed to make GTP fenders fit. Now here is one thing, if you look at the C-wings carbon fber fenders, in the pics they provide, they fit perfect. WIth CF its hard to mask the amount of body work needed to make things fit because well...if you have to fiberglass or rebondo, its not raw carbon. Other than that it seems any fender will require work.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:21 AM   #5
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to s14xman
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=78481

see my post that i just posted yesterday
Old 04-27-2005, 07:09 AM   #6
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
i would personally go only with masa or swat (if u can source em out). best fit=more 4$ for fenders=less work=less pain..... or you can go the other root
Old 04-27-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
Boosted240sx

hey s14xman i got a question for you...i heard in order to put the oem s15 bumber on the conversion you will need a s15 bumper bracket.....did you have to buy one?? i just dont want to spend another 250 on something i dont need.....
Old 04-27-2005, 12:02 PM   #8
s14xman
Zilvia FREAK!

s14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of lights14xman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to s14xman
i have one and i really recomend it unless you want your bumper only bolted to ur fenders and headlights
Old 04-27-2005, 12:04 PM   #9
chris4130
Leaky Injector

chris4130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx
i would personally go only with masa or swat (if u can source em out). best fit=more 4$ for fenders=less work=less pain..... or you can go the other root
Have you ever even touched a Masa fender, much less attempted to install one? I don't understand why people reccomend things they have no experience with.

Anyway, I have installed both Masa and GTP. GTP is shit don't buy it, you'll wish you never tried the conversion. Masa, is better... but it will still require several hours to make it fit perfect (i'd say about 1.5-3 hrs per fender). You'll need to trim, and then trim some more. etc etc..
chris4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:28 PM   #10
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted240sx
I am quite sure ive seen your write up because i know ive done enough looking...but just incase what is the link?

PS: any idea how hard it is to blend oem s15 and s14 fenders together? labor time idea?
the writeup is S13-S15, but can be found here, some of the info should still be valid:
www.360realms.com/S13-S15/

blending the OEM metal fenders isn't really hard, just a lot of trial and error... you'd be best having a body shop do it tho, as they'll most likely have an experienced welder (hopefully, if not, don't go there). The issue with the metal fenders is the cost, it's on avg about $700 to get the S15 OEM metal fenders, quite a bit to spend for something you're going to have to hack in half and pay even more $ to have welded up CORRECTLY. Labor time for doing it on your own would depend entirely on your experience level.

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Old 04-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #11
Boosted240sx

do anyone know where the ideal place for the s15 fender to be cutt in half is? I know this is probably a far out quesiton....but i am just trying to figure out as much as possible before i buy a 700 dollar set of fenders... how simailar are the contour lines on the s15 oem fenders vs. the s14 oem??Does anyone know if this cutting and welding job will be straightforward in the sense that is the s15 fender will line right up with the s14 fenders after it is cut? I am not too sure if i am making any sense....i am jsut gather any info at all....thanks,........
Old 04-27-2005, 05:16 PM   #12
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
paying for eom s15 fenders is dumb. it quadruples the costs
Old 04-27-2005, 05:21 PM   #13
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Quote:
how is it dumb? If you wanted the nicest looking conversion, this is without question the way to go. People that care that much about doing the best job possible would go full metal... granted, people of that calibre generally have a nicer car than a 240, or are into custom hot rods, but if u search, there was a guy with a S14.5 who had welded conversion fenders, widebody METAL rear, RB25, R34 GT-R rims (not the best rims obviously, but definitely hard to obtain), etc etc. For him, top of the line was everything.

you meant OEM S15 fenders is dumb for YOUR budget/application/car.
and I agree with you I wouldn't have IC fenders if top of the line was everything to me, but you should never bash someone who's willing to go the distance, just because you can't/won't.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:23 PM   #14
chris4130
Leaky Injector

chris4130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
No, cutting oem s15 fenders and making 1 fedner out of 2 is the best/cleanest route. They won't break, and they will look 100% better if done correctly.

I have a drivers side oem s15 fender if anyone is interested
chris4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:18 PM   #15
Y3llowS14
Zilvia Member

Y3llowS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Dont go with SWATT....they are not worth the money!
Y3llowS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:14 PM   #16
Boosted240sx

Hey does anyone know if a s15 bumber support is need when using the s15 oem bumber on a s14->s15 conversion? Ive heard yes and no...so i am just trying to get it straight....