Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #31
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Eighty SE-K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtypex View Post
Stock pump works fine. Don't buy into forum gibber gabber. I'm sure this car isn't gonna be a 750hp racecar for a million dollar team. My 26 has tomei cams, hks gt-ss turbos, metal headgasket, arp headstuds, greddy timing belt, and forged pistons(only because the stock ones were moving around to much). 440whp. I track it all summer. If a 26 just came over from Japan with low miles all it needs is decent turbos, injectors, and good software for tuning. The engine will outlast the chassis. Promise. No reason to waste money on "FULLY BUILT YO!".
I'm not buying into forum gibber jabber
I have Been working on rb26s for the past 4 years and have a very intimate relationship with them
I have personally seen stock pump failures, n1 failures, and even a jun pump with a cracked outer gear
Don't try to school me on something I know this well.
He said in his own post he's shooting for 700hp do what difference does it make if it's a "race car for a million dollar team"
If that's the case he'd have a dry sumP

Look at his mod list he's spending alot of coin on forged internals and machine work. Why risk all the money over some silly like an oil pump?
$1500 on a tomei pump is well spent, you can sleep well at night and rev to 10k (balancing and valve train dependent)

What do you rev Ur rb to?
I goto 9k on my RB28 without even thinking twice
Sil-Eighty SE-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #32
proj240sx
Zilvia Junkie

proj240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty awesome build outline so far! Looking forward to seeing the coming updates

90 RPS1345 hybrid thingy & 01 IS300
proj240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #33
Jonah Hill

Trader Rating: (0)
Jonah Hill is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yes... yes I am amused on this build. Do you still get hunting dreams late at night of selling your S15?
Jonah Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #34
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Sil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfectionSil-Eighty SE-K is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownDogg View Post
Nice build! Looks like you are building this the right way! What Precision turbo is that?

I have the PT6262 on my RB26.

Would you like to buy a D Jetro Power FC for a RB26 by chance!? lol

ill trade you my L-jet for it! and ill even throw in x2 Z32 MAFS if you throw in the MAP sensor
Old 03-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #35
Newtypex
Zilvia Member

Newtypex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil-Eighty SE-K View Post
I'm not buying into forum gibber jabber
I have Been working on rb26s for the past 4 years and have a very intimate relationship with them
I have personally seen stock pump failures, n1 failures, and even a jun pump with a cracked outer gear
Don't try to school me on something I know this well.
He said in his own post he's shooting for 700hp do what difference does it make if it's a "race car for a million dollar team"
If that's the case he'd have a dry sumP

Look at his mod list he's spending alot of coin on forged internals and machine work. Why risk all the money over some silly like an oil pump?
$1500 on a tomei pump is well spent, you can sleep well at night and rev to 10k (balancing and valve train dependent)

What do you rev Ur rb to?
I goto 9k on my RB28 without even thinking twice

"How much money you spent bro.. ohh pssh I spent way more then you.."

Yes I see you didn't think twice cause you wasted a lot of money..
Newtypex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #36
Newtypex
Zilvia Member

The person I would go to for Rb advice/service would be the one who uses his knowledge/common sense wisely. Anyone is capable of wasting 10 grand and 3 engines. Money well spent is in a simple reliable build that does everything you want it to. I've seen many 400whp Rb26 swaps leave a local shop here and they never come back tell its time for an oil change. Stock 26, R34 turbos, and good software like a ViPec will produce a reliable 400whp, which is more then anyone ever needs in an S13. I've watch that set up leave the shop so many times, get drifted on the weekends, daily'd during the week, and never come back for anything but fluid changes. But I totally understand if you have 10 grand to waste and you want to drive around the streets feeling little better about your small penis.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #37
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtypex View Post
The person I would go to for Rb advice/service would be the one who uses his knowledge/common sense wisely. Anyone is capable of wasting 10 grand and 3 engines. Money well spent is in a simple reliable build that does everything you want it to. I've seen many 400whp Rb26 swaps leave a local shop here and they never come back tell its time for an oil change. Stock 26, R34 turbos, and good software like a ViPec will produce a reliable 400whp, which is more then anyone ever needs in an S13. I've watch that set up leave the shop so many times, get drifted on the weekends, daily'd during the week, and never come back for anything but fluid changes. But I totally understand if you have 10 grand to waste and you want to drive around the streets feeling little better about your small penis.
your argument is still irrelevant. you keep spouting off 400hp.... this guy is shooting for 700hp so all your comments are null. Ive been wrenching on cars since you were in elementary school. Its ok to be a typical cheap s13 owner, there are droves of ratted out tossed together cars out there. You cant call spending money a waste when its not yours being spent. Sure i spent alot on parts but i didnt get extravagant to the point where it was overkill.
I just wrapped up my bosses RB setup. $30k tomei genesis RB28 with a full Ti amuse exhaust ($8k) tomei turbos and everything else you could possibly think of. prolly $100k plus the car. Its his money and its what HE wanted. Even i find this to be excessive spending but Its not my place to tell him how to spend his money..... saying that, if he had a setup like this and was gonna run a stock oil pump.... you think i would let him? hell no. Its a COMMON problem period.
But honestly you haven't brought in any facts relative to the conversation yet. I have seen these failures with my own two eyes even at measly HP numbers. You have one RB at 400hp that does fine with a stock pump. ok, let me know how that relates to this guy and than you can continue on with your feeble insults.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #38
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
damn you sold that s15.....

tsk tsk.

it's gonna be hard to make a 13 look that good. imo koguchi power all the way!
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #39
Newtypex
Zilvia Member

Come on down to SE-K Racing if you have 100k to waste!!! We will full race your fucking car even though it will never see 1 second of track time!! When you pull up to the stop light and there's a guy in a corvette know with confidence if you knew how to drive that you'd still fail cause you have 700hp in an s13 that you can't put to the ground. Lol.... Feel free to find my build thread it's by no means a raggity s13. Your so fake lol..
Old 03-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #40
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

your a funny guy.... you dont even know me....... i work on track cars and street cars alike. our shop is campaigning a time attack evo X in real time attack this year and we have SEVERAL customers with track cars that i work on. from Lotus cup cars, porsche cup cars, r35 GTR's, EVO X, ferrari's and lambos alike.... we work on a wide array of things but our specialty is R35 GTR...... keep thinking you know everything. My current s13 only has 300hp/336tq (stock turbo s14 sr20). so i dunno where your getting 700hp s13 from.... if you think he put 100k into an s13 your really not the brightest bulb on the tree. Some people are so far behind in the race they actually think they are winning.

Last edited by Sil-Eighty SE-K; 03-23-2012 at 06:28 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #41
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
blahblahblah
Dude did I miss something? Is this your build thread? If not SHUT THE FUCK UP
Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 PM   #42
562s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
562s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
i second this
Old 03-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #43
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Lol... Fight fight fight fight fight... It's like we're back in middle school again...
Old 03-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #44
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
Lol... Fight fight fight fight fight... It's like we're back in middle school again...
No fight dude, this is why I don't subscribe to anyones threads anymore everytime I get notification emails I am like "FUCK YEAH LETS SEE WHATS NEXT" and bam it's some pissing contest between a couple of fucking armchair mechanics about what they learned on the internet.

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

Unless the OP of a thread is asking for help or opinions then provide your feedback and peace the fuck out, you want to talk about the dynamics about the rb26 like it's legacy is that of arton senna's and you've been alongside it the whole time.

NOBODY CARES.

Now back to this awesome thread.

And OP you're a godamned idiot for taking the money for the s15, but money is evil so I don't blame you.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #45
violak90

violak90 is an unknown quantity at this point
beautiful. so jelly.
violak90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #46
Sil-Eighty SE-K
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Unless the OP of a thread is asking for help or opinions then provide your feedback
well technically this all started when i tried to give good advice to the OP
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #47
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Truth.
+Rep Nice build should have sold the s15 to me :/
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #48
Newtypex
Zilvia Member

Quote:
well technically this all started when i tried to give good advice to the OP
bad advice**
Old 03-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #49
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
If you guys want to have a pissing match take it to PM. However, Officer Doofy is wrong...
Old 03-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #50
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Quote:

concur.

this is a build thread. If you want to talk shit. Put it in PM so we don't see the bitch fights.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #51
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Girls fighting?

Where?

Is there mud and or oil involved?
Old 03-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #52
jontron5000
Zilvia Junkie

jontron5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
kinda off topic, but was that s15 you sold a real s15?

i thought those were damn near impossible to get into the states
Old 03-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #53
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontron5000 View Post
kinda off topic, but was that s15 you sold a real s15?

i thought those were damn near impossible to get into the states
Old 03-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #54
FLMadness
Zilvia Member

FLMadness is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 03-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #55
jontron5000
Zilvia Junkie

jontron5000 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm only asking cuz i don't know

so please, enlighten me
Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #56
ill.
Zilvia Member

ill. is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuck I loved that S15! This thing should be just as cool though!

Keep it up!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #57
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
yes it was a real s15. titled, registered, insured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill. View Post
Fuck I loved that S15! This thing should be just as cool though!

Keep it up!
ive honestly debated painting this car exactly how the s15 was to make it somewhat resemble it. but white lmgt4s over te37s.

Whats left to order:
-Kouki Tails
-OEM rear valence
-seats
-carpet
-tires
-misc engine stuff
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #58
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Amazing yeah!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #59
flatout
Zilvia Member

flatout is an unknown quantity at this point
this is going to be a amazing car when finished
flatout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #60
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
im gonna be ordering some skirts for my brothers car, so i should have a box soon to ship that front bumper support.