Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #121
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
I think the turbo has you guys the most happy. Cause its easier to make more power, which i understand. But if this didn't have a turbo i don't think you guys would like it at all
Actually for me this is where you are wrong. I would not care how they get 230-240hp .It could be NA and I would still like the car.
You perhaps are hung up on Turbo or very pretty looking things? Sorry man but you did open yourself up to that comment with the whole FRS?KIA Stinger stance. LOL Having fun with you here.
Though seriously I really don't care how they make the HP as long as its there. THe FRS is underpowered and feels that way.
Maybe I am spoiled because of the cars I have owned and drive. I want at least 230-250 HP in a 2800lb car at this point. My M3 is such a point and go machine its crazy fun.
Having a Turbo would be a cool way to get extra HP on the fly though but for me its not a prerequisite . This car just has fuck you attitude and I like that.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #122
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Do I pay off the Veloster, sell the S13, and then buy an IDX? Or do I trade in the Veloster for an IDX and keep the S13? Decisions decisions...
Old 02-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #123
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Having owned and driven a 300whp RB25 powered S13 I can say that 300whp is plenty of power for a 2750LB car. It was downright a blast to drive and Sportbike quick. All these guys clamoring for more HP don't realize you take away reliability and drivability when doing so.
i built my last 240 to over 300whp. most of the kids building 240s now with pie in the sky ideas of 400-500hp SR20s have no idea how outright dangerous the car gets when you start hitting the 250-300whp range. especially in our cars (like you said) that are just barely pushing the 2800lbs mark.

good lord it was a blast to drive though nothing like getting pushed into your seat and being held there for 4500rpms worth of awesome!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #124
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
Do I pay off the Veloster, sell the S13, and then buy an IDX? Or do I trade in the Veloster for an IDX and keep the S13? Decisions decisions...
trade the veloster

Old 02-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #125
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I don't give a shit if it's turbo or NA as long as its 200hp+ and stick.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #126
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Didn't like it at first, I'm warmng up to it now though.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #127
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I don't give a shit if it's turbo or NA as long as its 200hp+ and stick.
Nah, if it's N/A, I'm gonna hate/flame it like I do the FRS for not living up to my expections. I'll just get something else like the Stinger, a Genesis coupe, used 335i or if my money gets better, a new 2 series.

Now, if they offer both an N/A & an turbo version... I'd be fine with that.

Last edited by simmode1; 02-02-2014 at 04:54 PM..
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #128
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Nah, if it's N/A, I'm gonna hate/flame it like I do the FRS for not living up to my expections. I'll just get something else like the Stinger, a Genesis coupe, used 335i or if my money gets better, a new 2 series.
LOL I just had a friend on Facebook call it pretty hot looking and the bastard child of a 510 and a GTR. LOL That is not a bad analogy.
It does nod to the Hakosuka , CPS311 and 510 .

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #129
ghost_silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
ghost_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrow27 View Post
I'm keeping my veloster T cause you can make it a 13 second car with an ecu and bolt ons making it a fun daily with a warranty. I will probably buy the second or third year of production giving nissan time to work out the kinks.
ghost_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:01 AM   #130
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
The last time I cared about 1/4 miles times Brian Spilner was undercover trying to bust Dominic Toretto.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #131
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
The last time I cared about 1/4 miles times Brian Spilner was undercover trying to bust Dominic Toretto.
While not every sports car needs to be a dragster, they need to at least be sporty. Getting whomped on by mini vans and Camrys is just embarrassing.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #132
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
While not every sports car needs to be a dragster, they need to at least be sporty. Getting whomped on by mini vans and Camrys is just embarrassing.
Are you out there looking to race minivans and Camrys?

I'm not implying I want the car to be slow but drag racing???

I'm old and have kids though. I race on a track or not at all.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #133
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
^^^I think he's talking about passing power. My wife just doesn't get it about why I think her Mini Countryman's paltry 138hp just isn't enough and can be dangerous when trying to merge onto a busy highway because its so goddamn slow and assholes in faster Camrys & Minivans won't let you over.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:03 AM   #134
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Actually for me this is where you are wrong. I would not care how they get 230-240hp
Engine personality is always important. A good note, torque monster, high revving, linear power or turbo. A good engine just needs to have a good character.

Quote:
You perhaps are hung up on Turbo or very pretty looking things?
I think most are. Many think turbo motors are always overbuilt, 700hp capable and are just a reflash away from another 50-100hp.

Quote:
Though seriously I really don't care how they make the HP as long as its there. THe FRS is underpowered and feels that way.
Exactly.

Quote:
Maybe I am spoiled because of the cars I have owned and drive. I want at least 230-250 HP in a 2800lb car at this point.
Thats what makes some of these new cars though pills to swallow. All that money and for many of us, a step backwards in performance.

Quote:
My M3 is such a point and go machine its crazy fun.
Having a Turbo would be a cool way to get extra HP on the fly though but for me its not a prerequisite . This car just has fuck you attitude and I like that.
Thats how I felt about the FRS and my 911. I came away from the FRS going "that's nice, but is it $500 a month nice?!"

I bought the 911 because it was an FRS turned up to "11". The driver feedback and handling are feirce, the interior is better built, it out performance the FRS, it has 350Z acceleration and brakes just 3 feet shy of the FRS.

Better yet, the 911 is timeless in appearance and will appreciate instead of depreciate. The only downsides is the 915 trans is "classical" and the HVAC system needs a 3 hour institutional video on how to opperate it
Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #135
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
I think most are. Many think turbo motors are always overbuilt, 700hp capable and are just a reflash away from another 50-100hp.
I do thing some turbo motors are overbuilt (like the 2JZ & RB), but that's not common nowadays. I prefer to think that, rather than being overbuilt, most turbo motors are simply more optimized for boost than the average N/A engine.

The only exception I've really seen has been the S2000's F20c/F22c. Now that's one stout N/A that loves boost....

I don't normally expect 50-100hp from a reflash, but I do hope to get maybe ~40hp out of a reflash, exhaust, downpipe & CAI on most turbo cars. Basically being able to take a 230hp car to 270hp without much difficulty.

There are alot of turbo cars that exceed this modest goal, IMO. It's all about tempering your expectations to be realistic. I think an extra 40hp is sufficient to enhance the character of a car in this weight class without changing it too much or destroying what was originally there.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #136
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
^^^I think he's talking about passing power. My wife just doesn't get it about why I think her Mini Countryman's paltry 138hp just isn't enough and can be dangerous when trying to merge onto a busy highway because its so goddamn slow and assholes in faster Camrys & Minivans won't let you over.
Yeah, I guess I didn't think about that really. My Murano and Pathfinder are pretty quick actually.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #137
jdm60
Leaky Injector

jdm60 is on the path to ruinjdm60 is on the path to ruin
Can we get some more photochops of this please.
jdm60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #138
woodchuck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
woodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud ofwoodchuck has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I saw the iDX in person on saturday and i was really impressed with the size. the car is no bigger than my evo 9 and just looks so beefy(the nismo version).

I was listening in on conversations from the crowd at cars and coffee and it seems(just a hasty generalization from my experience) that the nismo iDX really appealed to the younger tuner crowd and that beige looking freeflow(?) version catches the eye of the older purist demographic (age 50 and up).

yes it is a hasty generalization based off of 20 or so conversations i heard but in the end it was nice to have people hyped up about a nissan jumping into this market.
woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #139
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
I saw the iDX in person on saturday and i was really impressed with the size. the car is no bigger than my evo 9 and just looks so beefy(the nismo version).

I was listening in on conversations from the crowd at cars and coffee and it seems(just a hasty generalization from my experience) that the nismo iDX really appealed to the younger tuner crowd and that beige looking freeflow(?) version catches the eye of the older purist demographic (age 50 and up).

yes it is a hasty generalization based off of 20 or so conversations i heard but in the end it was nice to have people hyped up about a nissan jumping into this market.
Hehehe and I caught it on the third leg of that little tour at the Petersen Automotive museum. I already shared either or in the future 240sx blah blah blah thread about it.

On the power comments yes it has to hit the target of 230-250hp. That really is the sweet spot for HP in a 2800lb car. It gives it enough to be quick and still keeps it in the realm off drivable for the average buyer.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #140
sil14zenki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
sil14zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
rocket bunny idx?
sil14zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #141
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
signals13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sil14zenki View Post
rocket bunny idx?
Nice, can you add a two tone color like that of the S13 Silvia?
signals13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #142
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I did this one a while back. Made the C Pillar normal and made the black body work white.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:18 PM   #143
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
RWD cars rarely handle well in corners AND hookup well to launch. I don't give a single fuck about the 1/4 mile time of this thing and would be suspect if it was appreciably faster than similar cars.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #144
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
rocket bunny idx?

...starting to look like an FRS.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #145
jdm60
Leaky Injector

jdm60 is on the path to ruinjdm60 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
I did this one a while back. Made the C Pillar normal and made the black body work white.

Looks really nice.

Quote:
rocket bunny idx?
Hideous
jdm60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #146
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

rocket bunny is hideous in general...just like instant gentleman

worst two kits ever.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #147
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Hey. I have a great idea.

Lets derail this thread by dick swinging our personal taste in visual addons for a car that isn't this one.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #148
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

rocket bunny = JUST SAY NO (doesnt matter what car its on)

i think im gonna do another mockup of a production ready IDx, but based on the side view as i already see a few lines i want to clean up!

this car is so much fun aesthetically and its not even in production form yet hahaha

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 02-03-2014 at 07:18 PM..
Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #149
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I'm not gone lie a rocket bucket s13 coupe and instant gentleman Zenki both are boners inducing for me.

Idx one though is gross. Mel's chop is on point though.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #150
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Hey. I have a great idea.

Lets derail this thread by dick swinging our personal taste in visual addons for a car that isn't this one.

New Video
Buy my mounts!