Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-16-2010, 10:19 AM   #1471
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That sounds like the worst set up ever.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #1472
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
15s & meats for meat sake

The awesome thing about the 15s, is that even in a 50 series they can be more than an inch shorter than 35-45 series17s or 18s. Thereby lowering your entire car without affecting your alignment. Which of course is great for lowering your CG without F*n up your camber curves. Problem is 15" rubber maxes out at about 225s unless you're talking about slicks. You're better off stretching a set of RS3s or XSs in a 225/45/15 than you are trying to find some random tire that just happens to be wider and 15".

The whole point of this Maximum TIRE thread is performance. Not just meats for meat sake. And in you're case you'll get better performance by going smaller because that's where the good tire compounds are available.

SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #1473
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Check the Manufacturers Website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
quick question. im sick to death of blowing my tires off every time i touch the gas pedal. i cant afford to have "sick fitment" or any of that shit, i just need some tire. i am in desperate need of rear tires, and am currently on 17x8" wheels, running a 225/45 on it. im very close to buying some 275/40 ecsta XS's from tirerack. any input? i am to the point where i dont care how it looks, i just want to go somewhere when i hit the gas. took this the other day with the boost controller turned off:
YouTube - just a quick 1-2 pull from the passengers POV.

it was fun at first, but now it's annoying.

The largest tire Kumho reccomends for a 17x8 is a 245.

Kumho Tires Size Chart

But that compound alone will go a LONGGGG way to helping with traction. Buy new wheels or give the 245s a try, you might be surprised by the difference the new compound will make.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #1474
Dazzla
Zilvia Member

Dazzla is an unknown quantity at this point
I run a 245/45 on my 18x8 z wheels. Its fatty rubber but it gets the job done.
Dazzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #1475
lucky7
Post Whore!

lucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfectionlucky7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
The largest tire Kumho reccomends for a 17x8 is a 245.

Kumho Tires Size Chart

But that compound alone will go a LONGGGG way to helping with traction. Buy new wheels or give the 245s a try, you might be surprised by the difference the new compound will make.

i appreciate it. +1 make believe rep.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #1476
Wabash9000
Zilvia Member

Wabash9000 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Not my pic.. Got it from http://zilvia.net/f/motorsports-skil...lots-pics.html

I remember there was some talk about no one having seen an s14 with flares.

Wabash9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #1477
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
The awesome thing about the 15s, is that even in a 50 series they can be more than an inch shorter than 35-45 series17s or 18s. Thereby lowering your entire car without affecting your alignment. Which of course is great for lowering your CG without F*n up your camber curves. Problem is 15" rubber maxes out at about 225s unless you're talking about slicks. You're better off stretching a set of RS3s or XSs in a 225/45/15 than you are trying to find some random tire that just happens to be wider and 15".

The whole point of this Maximum TIRE thread is performance. Not just meats for meat sake. And in you're case you'll get better performance by going smaller because that's where the good tire compounds are available.

You then shorten the final drive ratio by 5.1%

This sucks if you are increasing tire width for traction because you are making more power. Going to row through the gears faster and break the tires loose easier.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #1478
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
You then shorten the final drive ratio by 5.1%

This sucks if you are increasing tire width for traction because you are making more power. Going to row through the gears faster and break the tires loose easier.
True dat., but a lot of guys with sr20's wouldn't mind. Plus that also means 5.1% more torque at the wheels. Or you can always throw in a Q45 ring and pinion to compensate.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #1479
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Will the q45's ring and pinion fit? I was under the impression that the pinion was to long for our diff casing.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #1480
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
not sure but the whole diff does fit.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #1481
sentiumprogram
Zilvia Member

sentiumprogram is a well-known jackass
Not an 240sx, but it's my Charger

16 x 15 Centerline Drags

31 x 16.5 Tires - Mickey Thompsons

sentiumprogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #1482
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
How does it look from the side?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #1483
YucA
Leaky Injector

YucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of lightYucA is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshotts View Post
^^This coupe is beautiful...love to see wide, grippy tires tucked under the fender!
Thanks! She was fun...
YucA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:13 PM   #1484
PyroTecK

PyroTecK is an unknown quantity at this point
that's steve's car. im sure u can all figure out the wheels and offset, that day he was running 275 all around and competing in mod class. then the motor popped. it sucked cuz my motor popped maybe 15min before his. it wasn't a good day for 240s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash9000 View Post
Not my pic.. Got it from http://zilvia.net/f/motorsports-skil...lots-pics.html

I remember there was some talk about no one having seen an s14 with flares.

PyroTecK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:39 AM   #1485
s142jzkillav10
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
s142jzkillav10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s142jzkillav10
Just a quick question fellas. When you guys do those MassivE Pulls on ur cars do you cut the lip off the quarter just to make it easyer when it getting pulled or does that remain ???

I'm gonna try and fit 305 on my s14 with a really good pull I don't wanna do over quarters.

s142jzkillav10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #1486
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to JRas
Quote:
Originally Posted by s142jzkillav10 View Post
Just a quick question fellas. When you guys do those MassivE Pulls on ur cars do you cut the lip off the quarter just to make it easyer when it getting pulled or does that remain ???

I'm gonna try and fit 305 on my s14 with a really good pull I don't wanna do over quarters.

no... at least I didn't
Old 04-23-2010, 04:35 AM   #1487
ZenkiCam
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
ZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really niceZenkiCam is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ZenkiCam
Edit: nvm.

Last edited by ZenkiCam; 04-23-2010 at 05:22 AM..
ZenkiCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:42 AM   #1488
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s142jzkillav10 View Post

you dont need to cut the lip,you just need to seperate the inner and outer qrt panels and remove the welds.heat it up good with a uv lamp for baking paint as this will evenly heat the whole qtr and roll the shit out of it.should come out like butta if you take your time...

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #1489
t67s13
Leaky Injector

t67s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
My new set up

17x9 +0 255/40/17 front
&
18x10.5 +15 275/35/18 Rear

Chargespeed front and rear over fenders

t67s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #1490
1wheelwonder

Trader Rating: (1)
1wheelwonder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome setup! Chargespeed front fenders are 20mm extend right?
1wheelwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #1491
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
damn, looks great.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #1492
[email protected]
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tclange@yahoo.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
car look sick, 50mm in the rear
tclange@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #1493
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you could definitly fit some 315s in the rear on that setup... looks nice!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #1494
spent27
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
spent27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm running SM in SCCA and at my weight, I can run up to 275s. I'm looking at the FN01R-C from discount tire, 17x9 +20. Now I'm not going to be running 'slammed to the floor', so could I get away with 275s all around? I want all the same tires so I can buy 5 and have an extra wheel. Nitto NT-01s come in both 255/40 and 275/40. Input?
spent27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #1495
aznevoviii
Zilvia Junkie

aznevoviii is a jewel in the roughaznevoviii is a jewel in the roughaznevoviii is a jewel in the roughaznevoviii is a jewel in the roughaznevoviii is a jewel in the roughaznevoviii is a jewel in the roughaznevoviii is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to aznevoviii Send a message via MSN to aznevoviii
i had 315 in the rear of my s14... LOL
i needed it cuz of this damn LSx motor..
aznevoviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #1496
s142jzkillav10
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
s142jzkillav10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via MSN to s142jzkillav10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznevoviii View Post
i had 315 in the rear of my s14... LOL
i needed it cuz of this damn LSx motor..
Got to see it to believe it. I don't think your putting that much power to need 315's

I call Bluff...............
s142jzkillav10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #1497
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
who gives a shit, LSx 240s are hardly rare at this point. if he's going to BS about something, you'd think it would be cool.

now about "needing" 315s, that's up for debate, but not something to call BS on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spent27 View Post
I'm running SM in SCCA and at my weight, I can run up to 275s. I'm looking at the FN01R-C from discount tire, 17x9 +20. Now I'm not going to be running 'slammed to the floor', so could I get away with 275s all around? I want all the same tires so I can buy 5 and have an extra wheel. Nitto NT-01s come in both 255/40 and 275/40. Input?
we're talking autoX, right? 275s are pretty wide for 9"s. what power and weight are you running? going wider isn't always the right answer in autoX since you can't really get the tires up to temp. lower weight and quicker heating are sometimes a benefit. 275/40s are taller than stock by a bit also. i'd go with the 255s or 17x10s.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #1498
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by spent27 View Post
I know a guy with a bolt-ons 03 cobra (450hp) running 275 NT01's for auto-x and said they're one of the best tires he's used. Obviously thats on a 3200lb car though. So 255's would work well for you I'd think.

I'd also suggest getting a 9.5"-10" wheel if you're going to run a 275.

I have 255-40-17 NT05's on my car and love love love them.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:53 AM   #1499
idriveattz32
Zilvia Member

idriveattz32 will become famous soon enoughidriveattz32 will become famous soon enoughidriveattz32 will become famous soon enoughidriveattz32 will become famous soon enough
Here is some G35 content, just installed this week.

Forgestar F14, gloss black
19x10+20 with 285/30/19 Hankook V12 EVOs
19x11+23 with 305/30/19 Hankook V12 EVOs

Old 05-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #1500
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by t67s13 View Post
My new set up

17x9 +0 255/40/17 front
&
18x10.5 +15 275/35/18 Rear

Chargespeed front and rear over fenders

Im all over this!!! Your car is fresh dood!

not a huge fan of G35s but damn...looks sexy on 305s, any rubbing issues?