Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
JoeyTheKid
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
JoeyTheKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Will an 89' Hatch fit in a 10x15 storage unit?

Long story short, I've got a build KA in my personal garage and a deal on a non-running KA-T for 1500 but my landlord won't allow for me to have a second vehicle on the property. I'm looking into storage units and the next size up from 10x15 is over 100 dollars more and considering I won't be out of my lease until July I'd rather not pay an extra 600. I found one reference via google that said that it has been done, but according to other sites the car is a couple inches too long.

Has anyone done it before? I don't have the luxury of driving it over to see if it fits or personally measuring the car right now, so if anyone can tell me from first hand experience or has measured/will measure their car for me so I can go tomorrow with a tape measure and figure it out I'd greatly appreciate it.
JoeyTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #2
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nissan 240SX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
ChoeBoy
Leaky Injector

ChoeBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Length = 4,521 mm (178.0 in) = 14.8 feet
Width = 1,689 mm (66.5 in) = 5.54134 feet

Information I found for the s13. May not be definitive for you, but hopefully helps make a decision. :P
ChoeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #4
t_rempel
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
t_rempel is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You could also remove bumpers if you need a few more inches.
t_rempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
JoeyTheKid
Leaky Injector

JoeyTheKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay yeah, I definitely looked at the wiki page before but some how my math came to like 15.XX but now that I re did it it came out to the 14.8.

Appreciate the info gents.
JoeyTheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #6
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just take the front bumper off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #7
Bleakley
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Bleakley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyTheKid View Post
Long story short, I've got a build KA in my personal garage and a deal on a non-running KA-T for 1500 but my landlord won't allow for me to have a second vehicle on the property. I'm looking into storage units and the next size up from 10x15 is over 100 dollars more and considering I won't be out of my lease until July I'd rather not pay an extra 600. I found one reference via google that said that it has been done, but according to other sites the car is a couple inches too long.

Has anyone done it before? I don't have the luxury of driving it over to see if it fits or personally measuring the car right now, so if anyone can tell me from first hand experience or has measured/will measure their car for me so I can go tomorrow with a tape measure and figure it out I'd greatly appreciate it.
Personal experience in this area.. My car is currently in a 10x20. Perfect if you ask me. I might have been able to fit it in my dad's 10x15 when he had one, but DAMN that woulda been tight. The extra five feet is even more so necessary if you're going to be having parts and doing a project in there. Also, like mentioned before, IF you take the bumpers off, you would probably be able to sqeeze it in there..
Bleakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #8
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I bought a 10x20, it was only a few bucks more than the 10x15. Just depends on the avalibility of units so look around.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #9
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i bough my 240sx out of a storage unit and everything in it for cheap cause the guy was behind on rent and didnt want to f up his credit. But this gives you and i dea what you can fit into a 10x20. an s13 plus tons of extra parts. 2motors, 2 extra sets of doors, a full set of extra seats... ti would fit if you remove the bumpers but not much room in front or behind it.

foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #10
chaddy240

Trader Rating: (0)
chaddy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
same shit just happened to me, super bullshit
chaddy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #11
CaliforniaMayhem
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaliforniaMayhem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow i have been complaining that I can't work on my car in the neighborhood but you guys are getting it done easily. The units in my area are so DAMN expensive though, I couldn't justify it....

Anyways, OP, good luck!
CaliforniaMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote