Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2019, 08:45 AM   #1
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nismotronic SA ECU tuning and settings

I'm working on street tuning my SR20DET with a Nismotronic SA ECU and was wondering if there are any 'tuners' that might have some insight into certain settings, including but not limited to, fuel, ignition, trims, boost control, limiters, accel/decel and idle. After I feel good about how the engine is behaving I may seek out a professional opinion. I have read a lot of the users manual/help on the Nismotronic but there's gotta be a few tips and maybe some typical settings that can improve drivability that I'm unaware of or don't understand completely. I'm aware that w/o some 'knock ears' and EGT there may be some difficulty to tuning but I'm not looking for maximum power and currently it does run good.

Some general things I'd like to learn more about are:

How timing affects spool and where timing can be added to improve it.

Good timing and Bad timing in respect to low rpm in vacuum and midrange/upper rpm in boost.

Map table column(inhg/psi). More vacuum columns and less boost columns?

ACCEL/DECEL settings and effects.

Limiters.

Trims.

Other settings that can improve drivability or cool tricks/tips that you have setup and tested.

Sharing TCD files (tune files)

I'm currently running MAP(speed density) based tune and am currently working on dialing in the fuel map and making some adjustments to the ACCEL settings. I'm having a few issues where it'll go lean on light throttle input under low load conditions as well as an issue where it will idle fine cold at ~14AFR but once warmed up only likes ~12AFR. I haven't ruled out a bad 02 sensor, but it seems to be working fine. I have not checked compression on the stock unknown mileage SR20.

I'd like to stay on topic of the Nismotronic and not discuss other ECUs but if there are similar technical aspects feel free to bring them up.

1990 S13 stock SR20DET w/ GTX2863R at 21psi, 740cc injectors, rewired walbro 255, front mount, 3" exhaust, AEM WB02.

Current Fuel Map

Current Timing Map

Link to Current Thread on 240sxforums

Link to current TCD file (tune data file)

Link to folder if you would like to upload a TCD file.

Last edited by nick_d_240sx; 02-17-2023 at 07:55 AM..
nick_d_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links