Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
jakez
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
jakez is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Trying to choose between Greddy profec spec b, Greddy e-01, Apexi power fc, etc...

It seems like these all cost around the same amount but do vastly different things? Is the power fc more like an aem ems than simply a boost controller? What does the e-01 do that the profec doesn't? So confusing, I tried searching and read a lot but still can't make my mind up.

I have an s13 with a mostly stock redtop sr20det, intake, fmic, exhaust, that's about it. I basically just want something to raise the boost to 10-11psi but if I can spend $40-$50 more and get all kinds of extra information and features from the unit then it seems worth it? I also have a blue emanage sitting in my garage that I never got installed on my srt-4 so I'm thinking the e-01 is my best bet since it can work with the emanage and show me data from it (I think)?
jakez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you just want to raise boost, go with the spec 2. If you have injectors, maf, bigger turbo etc, go with the power fc

/Thread
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
get the profec b

use power fc for tuning not a boost controller (which you need the controller for it anyways)
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
Dustxking
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Dustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of lightDustxking is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ both of these answers end this thread.
Dustxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
jakez
Zilvia Member

Well I've read a lot of people saying the spec I is better or at least easier to use than the spec II, so if I do go with profec I'll probably pick up the spec I since I'm a total moron when it comes to modding cars, but it doesn't have any screen or readout? The spec II shows your boost digitally if I am correct? So I could possibly eliminate my boost gauge with that.. such a hard choice..

Edit: not to mention the power fc doesn't cost much more if not the same price, so if it does everything the others do and much more then why not get that and if I ever upgrade fuel or turbo later on I will be ready?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
Odysseus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Odysseus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Uhh...Power FCs are like 1000 bro. And they are a standalone management system. The Profec B Spec 2 is a boost controller.

I ran a Spec 2 with my Power FC and I hated the Spec 2. It didnt hold my boost the same every time so Id creep to like 20 pounds often. Right now I have a Power FC D-Jetro with the Apexi boost control kit. So my standalone is now my boost controller too. Win win. It works perfect and is simple.

Sounds like your car is pretty simple..so get a simple boost controller and be done with it. Once you get a bigger turbo, injectors, MAF, then go get an engine management system like the PFC.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
anton1o
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
anton1o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to anton1o
Apexi PowerFC = Engine Tuning Replacement ECU.
Profec B = Electronic Boost Controller.

If your only wanting a few extra PSI then you may aswell get an MBC (Manual Boost Controller)

anton1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:30 AM   #8
jakez
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Uhh...Power FCs are like 1000 bro. And they are a standalone management system. The Profec B Spec 2 is a boost controller.

I ran a Spec 2 with my Power FC and I hated the Spec 2. It didnt hold my boost the same every time so Id creep to like 20 pounds often. Right now I have a Power FC D-Jetro with the Apexi boost control kit. So my standalone is now my boost controller too. Win win. It works perfect and is simple.

Sounds like your car is pretty simple..so get a simple boost controller and be done with it. Once you get a bigger turbo, injectors, MAF, then go get an engine management system like the PFC.
Thanks man I appreciate it.