Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:14 PM   #571
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

BATTLE MODE ON! i wish i had gotten the empire titan Xp.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2018, 05:14 PM   #572
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
I delid my processor today, and pushed it up to 5GHz. I'm exhausted.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:51 AM   #573
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/rum...keover-ea.html
can't wait to buy nba live 18 on M$ store

installed this today. this is the 3rd cpu aio for the itx. she thick! 49mm

using stock paste for now. i def dont like the grizzly paste. going back to gc extreme.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:50 AM   #574
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I heard the corsair aio have loud pumps. True?
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:34 PM   #575
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I heard the corsair aio have loud pumps. True?
Not true. Where did you hear that?
Old 01-30-2018, 06:23 PM   #576
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

so far, the 3 i have owned (h100/h60/h80) have been silent for me.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #577
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quick question, I'm running cat7 through my home. How many feet on average do i need an amplifier? I keep.getting conflicting info.

SWEET THANKS FOR THE INFO!

Last edited by lewisfk; 02-02-2018 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: THREAD CLUTTER
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:24 PM   #578
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Unless your house is the size of a football field you shouldn't need one lol
Old 01-31-2018, 08:45 PM   #579
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

i thought the magic number was 100meters and thats with regular mbps broadband stuff. i think faster speeds like 10gb or more needs shorter lengths.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:47 PM   #580
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
i thought the magic number was 100meters and thats with regular mbps broadband stuff. i think faster speeds like 10gb or more needs shorter lengths.

I think that is hence his "size of football field" response.

I've owned nothing but corsair AIO coolers. the fans are not typically loud.

HOWEVER, I currently have one with fans that rate all the way to 3000RPM. and I am a firm believer that anything rotating at 3000RPM is going to make some noise. But I wouldn't consider them "loud" personally.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-01-2018, 12:14 AM   #581
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You can run cat5 about 300' before you MIGHT start to see an issue, cat6 about double that, cat7 even longer, and fiber (10gb +) some ridiculous amount like half a mile.

I only manage a cable plant for a living though so take my advice with a grain of salt LOL.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:39 AM   #582
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Not true. Where did you hear that?
Quote:
so far, the 3 i have owned (h100/h60/h80) have been silent for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
I think that is hence his "size of football field" response.

I've owned nothing but corsair AIO coolers. the fans are not typically loud.

HOWEVER, I currently have one with fans that rate all the way to 3000RPM. and I am a firm believer that anything rotating at 3000RPM is going to make some noise. But I wouldn't consider them "loud" personally.

Good to hear. I read some review where the reviewer trashed the H100's pump saying it was really noisy.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:51 AM   #583
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Good to hear. I read some review where the reviewer trashed the H100's pump saying it was really noisy.

If you turn off the fans and go into 0 mode you can hear the pump. Almost all of the AIOs use the same manufacturer for their pumps and blocks. To say it's Louder than another is not being circumspect.

When the fans are on I would find it hard to believe you can hear any of the pumps on the market. The major differences are in the customization, software and fans.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #584
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
If you turn off the fans and go into 0 mode you can hear the pump. Almost all of the AIOs use the same manufacturer for their pumps and blocks. To say it's Louder than another is not being circumspect.

When the fans are on I would find it hard to believe you can hear any of the pumps on the market. The major differences are in the customization, software and fans.

Found the article

https://techbuyersguru.com/corsair-h...-review?page=2

Quote:
Interesting stuff. These two coolers are definitely approaching CPU cooling from different perspectives. The newer H100i v2 now operates at a "Performance" level similar to the older cooler's "Quiet" level. And yes, the new mode's "Quiet" is a bit hotter, but it is significantly quieter as well. And if all this talk of quiet has you scratching your head, we'll just point out that the older model's Performance mode was quite frankly unacceptable. At 53dB, it was only of value to those who needed to drown out the world around them, because there was certainly no getting around the racket it created.

So yes, the new cooler doesn't have the same top-end performance, but it's so much better balanced, and all the older cooler's high performance was wasted when you were still far, far below the danger zone when it came to CPU temperatures. To put it another way, the first-gen liquid cooler took a "shock and awe" approach to cooling. Yes, it blew away everything that had come before it, but to what end? We say good riddance to 50+ dB coolers!
Old 02-04-2018, 05:44 PM   #585
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

I don't know if I agree with that, I've been using their AIO cooling products for quite some time now.

I'm not sure what is considered "older model" but if it's the units that were on the market in 2010, then I've had an older unit.

Oh and I'm 7700K OC'd to 5GHz and currently have 3 firefox windows open with youtube and NFL streaming right now, with about 7 other programs open and I'm sitting right at 35C. So I don't really think the linked graph is an accurate representation of the cooler.

I kind of wish I was in the market for another AIO, because I would totally buy this. I MIGHT buy it just to hang onto it!

$56 for the H100I v2

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&leaderboard=1
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-05-2018, 03:40 AM   #586
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/31/1...-chips-samsung

looks like sammy is going to be the new crypto king. amd are gonna lose sale on the miners. in your face amd.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #587
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I don't know if I agree with that, I've been using their AIO cooling products for quite some time now.

I'm not sure what is considered "older model" but if it's the units that were on the market in 2010, then I've had an older unit.

Oh and I'm 7700K OC'd to 5GHz and currently have 3 firefox windows open with youtube and NFL streaming right now, with about 7 other programs open and I'm sitting right at 35C. So I don't really think the linked graph is an accurate representation of the cooler.

I kind of wish I was in the market for another AIO, because I would totally buy this. I MIGHT buy it just to hang onto it!

$56 for the H100I v2

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&leaderboard=1

Great price. I have ordered one.

Now I only need the AIO and the SSD to get here and it will be Re-build time.

Quote:
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/31/1...-chips-samsung

looks like sammy is going to be the new crypto king. amd are gonna lose sale on the miners. in your face amd.

I thought AMD was making cards specifically for mining only?

edit: Aib partners

https://steemit.com/mining/@happyfac...-for-pre-order

Then again Samsung has a much bigger budget and could produce a lot more chips.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:39 AM   #588
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
Great price. I have ordered one.

Now I only need the AIO and the SSD to get here and it will be Re-build time.

I got impatient and ordered an SSD from walmart online, because I had a gift card.

But then newegg throws a 24hr deal for a 500gb SSD for $54. facepalm big time...

Finally bit the bullet though, and am ditching this POS NZXT source 530.

Here's the new stand in;

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16811854060
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:01 PM   #589
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
I delid my processor today, and pushed it up to 5GHz. I'm exhausted.
What settings?

I just did the delid on my 7700k. Finally got 5ghz stable though it would pass prime95 and IBT indefinitely but freeze in games. I have learned RealBench is by far the best tool for stability testing. Played around and finally got it stable.

1.41V in bios, light LLC
Shows 1.376 in bios under stress tests and temps in low 60's on stress tests.

I'm on the $20 amazon Raystorm block, ebay pump, $45 ebay copper rad (240mm) and two of the stock Corsair case fans. My res kind of blocks flow to the lower part of the radiator but it still does fine. Only like a 2* difference pre-delid from copper rad vs ebay aluminum rad. Probably helps over time though.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:56 AM   #590
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
But then newegg throws a 24hr deal for a 500gb SSD for $54. facepalm big time...

To everyone please post deals like that up here. I would have jumped at that.
Old 02-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #591
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Reddit buildapcsales is the best place for deals.
Old 02-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #592
tootall4la
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
tootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to alltootall4la is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Reddit buildapcsales is the best place for deals.

2nd that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tootall4la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #593
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
To everyone please post deals like that up here. I would have jumped at that.

Here's the next best one, it was also $54 but jumped back to $64. (about 10-15$ cheaper than the average SSD)

I actually ran one of these on an arma 3 KOTH server for a while.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820331048

Quote:
What settings?

I just did the delid on my 7700k. Finally got 5ghz stable though it would pass prime95 and IBT indefinitely but freeze in games. I have learned RealBench is by far the best tool for stability testing. Played around and finally got it stable.

1.41V in bios, light LLC
Shows 1.376 in bios under stress tests and temps in low 60's on stress tests.
Top secret, my voltages and settings aren't necessarily going to work with your setup. Offset is a good place to start.

I don't particularly bother running a ton of different stress tests or benchmarks either, personally.

I will be ecstatic when this case gets here tomorrow, I'm considering laying on the floor and cuddling it before transferring my stuff.

but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #594
Future240
Future Moderator

Daaamnn that case looks good.

arrggggghhhh......Im trying my hardest not to buy a Define R6 TG...this is not helping...
Old 02-06-2018, 01:46 PM   #595
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
Daaamnn that case looks good.

arrggggghhhh......Im trying my hardest not to buy a Define R6 TG...this is not helping...

I wish I would stop hearing that name! A friend of mine has been whispering in my ear to buy that case instead of the enthoo pro.

Okay so before I hit submit I went and watched the fractal advertisement video on it...

I like how it's multi configurable, but I don't like that price to be honest.

Quote:
I really like how the P400s is not riveted, and can be broken down near completely via + screws. Not that I would want to paint this new case, but that is cool how they allow you to add your own creativity via paint or w/e. And the fact that the grey colored P400s is on sale for only $69 I almost bought it just to keep as a spare.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-06-2018, 02:11 PM   #596
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I wish I would stop hearing that name! A friend of mine has been whispering in my ear to buy that case instead of the enthoo pro.

Okay so before I hit submit I went and watched the fractal advertisement video on it...

I like how it's multi configurable, but I don't like that price to be honest.

The price is a bit high, but it is so effin sexy. Simple yet elegant.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:51 PM   #597
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Here's the next best one, it was also $54 but jumped back to $64. (about 10-15$ cheaper than the average SSD)

I actually ran one of these on an arma 3 KOTH server for a while.

[URL]https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820331048RL]

Top secret, my voltages and settings aren't necessarily going to work with your setup. Offset is a good place to start.

I don't particularly bother running a ton of different stress tests or benchmarks either, personally.

I will be ecstatic when this case gets here tomorrow, I'm considering laying on the floor and cuddling it before transferring my stuff.

[IMG]https://images10.newegg.com//ProductImageCompressAll1280/11-854-060-V06.jpg[/]
[IMG]https://images10.newegg.com//ProductImageCompressAll1280/11-854-060-V09.jpg[/G]
[IMG]https://images10.newegg.com//ProductImageCompressAll1280/11-854-060-V03.jpg[/I]
[IMG]https://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll1280/11-85060-V14.jpg[MG]
I know they won't be the same. Was just curious.

Case looks great. Kinda similar to my roommates NZXT case in some respects. Very nice.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #598
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

bought another itx case. this time a itx tower. ill take pic once i get my cablemod.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #599
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Quote:
I know they won't be the same. Was just curious.

Case looks great. Kinda similar to my roommates NZXT case in some respects. Very nice.

Currently I'm running 4.8 with the same +0.155 offset that I was running on 5GHz

But I have a Z170A SLI board.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!

Old 02-06-2018, 07:26 PM   #600
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
The price is a bit high, but it is so effin sexy. Simple yet elegant.
$165? Fuck that.

I think I'm going stealth next case.