Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #151
RevKid
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
RevKid is making a name for him/her selfRevKid is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RevKid
cant wait to see the end result.keep it up.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #152
pac

pac is on the path to ruinpac is on the path to ruin
wow amazing work, keep the club posted!
pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #153
TipStylez
Zilvia Addict

TipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enoughTipStylez will become famous soon enough
Hot shit. I always wanted to do this to my last 240, but never had room or time.
TipStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #154
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240_hawaii View Post
hey jon its Thane in hilo long time no see i was gonna ask Derek what you were doing wit your 240 but all i had to do was go on zilvia hahaha great job im glad someone has decided to go deep in a rebuild and show everyone All of the problems that come up wit doing a build great work call me up some time
btw i feel you on the shipping crunch its a bitch!
So move up to the mainland with the rest of us! EVERYTHINGS CHEAPER, more wrecking yards, and an a$$ton of machine and fabrication shops! Oh yeah, all the tracks are here too! And I can get race fuel less than 5 miles from my house from a gas pump.

I miss the islands, but the south is pretty laid back like the big island and we just fly back every year to see the family!

So if any of da braddahs need me to check something out, just PM or email me and i'll see what I can do!
Hawaiian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #155
DriftMUH
Leaky Injector

DriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mr2 View Post
hah... so ive heard. hopefully getting the ac working will help a little, or maybe stick a sock over it :P
burned me so good. -->

i got tired of having to put ONE race glove on.. i just returned to my stock shift knob
DriftMUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:58 AM   #156
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromxtor View Post
Looks good Jon, I have more pics of the VC if you want them.
nah, no need more pics. but thanks for the job well done. loving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateoo View Post
dizzam, i want to move to hawaii
lol, why? i guess it is nice here, sometimes. but not a lot to do, well, at least on this island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240_hawaii View Post
hey jon its Thane in hilo long time no see i was gonna ask Derek what you were doing wit your 240 but all i had to do was go on zilvia hahaha great job im glad someone has decided to go deep in a rebuild and show everyone All of the problems that come up wit doing a build great work call me up some time
btw i feel you on the shipping crunch its a bitch!
woah, hey thane. didnt know you were on here as well. derek told me you got a bunch of 240s. but yeah, shipping sucks ass, but gotta pay it if i want it. k, see you around, maybe ill get this thing running soon. hopefully, lol.

well, today i had to help with clearing out a garden today to get ready to plant some stuff. but when i had time, i put together the steering rack again and mounted it to the subframe. forgot my tools, so couldnt really do much. im hoping next weekend ill have a pulley puller by then and i can teardown the engine... finally. maybe have it done in that weekend, depending on the paint.

jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:02 AM   #157
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
haven't check this thread for a good while. it's coming along great.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:07 AM   #158
1989rps13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (10)
1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute1989rps13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1989rps13
i like your attention to little detail because in the end the little detail is what matters!
1989rps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:16 AM   #159
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

Hawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud ofHawaiian240 has much to be proud of
s13

Quote:
OOOOOOH, AAAAAAAAH...............NICE RACK!

Keep up the awesome build Jon! See you in October.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #160
silviaz
Zilvia Junkie

silviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-knownsilviaz is making his/her stupidity well-known
looking good
keep it up
silviaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:23 AM   #161
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
k, started dissasembling engine today, couldve been done if i had some longer allen head sockets for the damn head bolts... anyways, thats pretty much the only thing holding me back this weekend. i was planning to paint the block and stuff, but i guess im pushed back once again another week .

condensor fin comb anyone? lol... this thing takes some patience

anybody know this paint color code? posted it up in the paint thread, waiting to see a reply.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:42 AM   #162
Massimo Power
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Massimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to allMassimo Power is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Massimo Power
wow.. this is impressive work for a home project.. props to you!

www.massimopower.com
PH: 1(951)402-5386
EM:[email protected]
Special Thanks To:
www.aeperformance.com
www.domospeed.com/blog
For Their Continued Support
Massimo Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:43 AM   #163
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
that looks like what i leave in the toilet with some clear coat lol.... but that comment doesn't mean it looks bad i am just saying it looks like a shit/dirt brown color. anyways your car is coming along pretty nicelely
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:59 AM   #164
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
great work man, you wanna do my two-tone coupe when your done???
Old 08-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #165
ill_concepts
Zilvia Junkie

ill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfectionill_concepts is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ill_concepts
wow awesome work! +1
ill_concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:01 AM   #166
jon_mr2

this week was really interesting. monday morning woke up having been bitten by a lot of ants. that afternoon, got a hit and run on my corolla... just some scratches across the front bumper, but sucks its practically new... kinda. got a new roommate in the house. got my safety check license in the beginning of the month for work, someone went on vacation, so im left being the only one in the shop being able to write, so i feel like i spend half the day at work writing them up. and today, helping out a friend do a timing belt on his acura, man... those crank bolts are stuck on there pretty damn good... took a while even with the impact gun... i feel my 3/8 snap on is much stronger than my 1/2 quiet IR. time for a stronger 1/2 gun.

but yeah, got the engine down to the block, cleaned it and got some paint. gotta wait for the new oil pump gear and reg to come in before i start putting back together, but other than that, seems to be going pretty well.

also got some undercoating on the frame rails, gona do the sides of the underbody as well, it will look better i think.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #167
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
what are u using for ur undercoat... when i did my similar project i had really good luck with the dupli color spray on bed liner in the blue can at all the auto junk stores.. i hate the rubber crap..
Old 08-20-2008, 03:38 PM   #168
808_s13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
how good did the
vinyl spray paint work? has
it faded yet? or is it holding up good?
im considering that same method, but still not sure.
LMK how things are.

-makua[ace]
808_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:02 PM   #169
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post
what are u using for ur undercoat... when i did my similar project i had really good luck with the dupli color spray on bed liner in the blue can at all the auto junk stores.. i hate the rubber crap..
just some permatex brand rubberized undercoating, i do hate it as well. i did want to go with the bedliner, but i ended up doing this for some reason... wish i went with the bedliner stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_s13 View Post
how good did the
vinyl spray paint work? has
it faded yet? or is it holding up good?
im considering that same method, but still not sure.
LMK how things are.

-makua[ace]
as for the vinyl paint, im happy with the outcome. its still holding up. seems like a lot of people message me about this. but yeah, this is all in a garage, so havent really seen the sun much, so not too sure on the fading effects yet.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:04 PM   #170
808_s13
Zilvia Junkie

808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future808_s13 has a brilliant future
Quote:

as for the vinyl paint, im happy with the outcome. its still holding up. seems like a lot of people message me about this. but yeah, this is all in a garage, so havent really seen the sun much, so not too sure on the fading effects yet.

yeah? so it hasnt had any sun contact or anything?
hmm maybe ill do it too.

what island you from shakka bruddah?

-makua[ace]
808_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #171
let5l1de
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (30)
let5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfectionlet5l1de is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Send a message via AIM to let5l1de Send a message via Yahoo to let5l1de
Quote:
also got some undercoating on the frame rails, gona do the sides of the underbody as well, it will look better i think.

Nice work with the frame rails! I was flipping thru some of the previous pages and ran across the images showing how much rust had eaten the underside. Its only been 5 months since this thread was started and I am really impressed with how this coupe is turning out in such a short amount of time.

Dedication 101 for all the s that have no clue what it takes to assemble, let alone FIX your project (if done right) from the ground up with your own hands. Here is another fine project/inspiration.
note to all 240 owners: junkers can be turned into fine projects with knowledge, parts & $$

too bad some just don't care about their rides...
let5l1de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:08 PM   #172
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_s13 View Post
yeah? so it hasnt had any sun contact or anything?
hmm maybe ill do it too.

what island you from shakka bruddah?

-makua[ace]
no sun contact yet. sorry about that. and i live one the big island.

Quote:
Originally Posted by let5l1de View Post
Nice work with the frame rails! I was flipping thru some of the previous pages and ran across the images showing how much rust had eaten the underside. Its only been 5 months since this thread was started and I am really impressed with how this coupe is turning out in such a short amount of time.

Dedication 101 for all the s that have no clue what it takes to assemble, let alone FIX your project (if done right) from the ground up with your own hands. Here is another fine project/inspiration.
note to all 240 owners: junkers can be turned into fine projects with knowledge, parts & $$

too bad some just don't care about their rides...
WOW! thanks for the comment. sure makes me feel better about the project. definitely takes some dedication, i wish i did more, but sometimes with only a couple days off a week id rather relax than go outside and work. and sometimes i got more important bills to pay than buy more stuff for the car, so itll have to wait. i figure if your going to do something, do it good the first time around. i mean, it sucks not being able to drive it, but it will be worth it im sure of it.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #173
jon_mr2

ok, so this weekend i received a package. got an obx header and a mr.copper gasket for a great deal. i want to thank OperationSr20 for the sale.

Last edited by jon_mr2; 03-26-2009 at 09:50 PM..
Old 08-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #174
Hawaiian240
Zilvia Junkie

s13

Eh, pretty nice for the first time brah!!

Does take some time and experience finding out the correct settings for the pressure and flow rates!! It varies even with the type of paint and how thin it is.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #175
importantone
Zilvia Member

importantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura aboutimportantone has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to importantone
excellent work! keep the goodness coming!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:53 PM   #176
90KAcoupe
Zilvia Junkie

90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future90KAcoupe has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to 90KAcoupe
great work man.. but just a picture to keep u motivated...

a year and 5 weeks turn my car from

to this

Old 08-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #177
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian240 View Post
Eh, pretty nice for the first time brah!!

Does take some time and experience finding out the correct settings for the pressure and flow rates!! It varies even with the type of paint and how thin it is.

Keep up the good work!
yo kevin. yeah, im gona try practice a bit more before shooting the 240. maybe ill redo the engine bay with a two stage in black still. but even though i couldnt get it that good this time, i like the feel of the gun. thanks for the comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90KAcoupe View Post
great work man.. but just a picture to keep u motivated...
haha, thanks for the pics. i actually check out your build thread every once in a while to boost my motivation... i think i did like last night actually, lol. your car looks great, so clean!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:53 AM   #178
davirene
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
davirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Hey just like to say sic build.....no your build is a little different from the others by the amount of rust you had to repair....The Island life love the sunsets but hate the salt air!!!

I noticed you were mentioning something about the Paint color on a brown car...here is a link to a similar thread where I had posted before....

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/156825-need...ght-color.html

The color on the Aspec 240sx is a Color that came out in 2003 Infiniti FX35 and 45....the color in called Berillium and looks so sic in person!!!!

When you see it in person it is different and so bitchin...I dont know the color code but any decent Automotive paint store should be able to look it up???

Good luck and I will be posting some of my builds soon??

David
davirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:02 AM   #179
Forge_55b
Zilvia Junkie

Forge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enough
if the paint color is Beryllium 16 then the code is Infinity C16

heres a link http://www.signfinishes.com/%5Cstore...Oct%202002.pdf
Forge_55b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:44 AM   #180
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davirene View Post
Hey just like to say sic build.....no your build is a little different from the others by the amount of rust you had to repair....The Island life love the sunsets but hate the salt air!!!

I noticed you were mentioning something about the Paint color on a brown car...here is a link to a similar thread where I had posted before....

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/156825-need...ght-color.html

The color on the Aspec 240sx is a Color that came out in 2003 Infiniti FX35 and 45....the color in called Berillium and looks so sic in person!!!!

When you see it in person it is different and so bitchin...I dont know the color code but any decent Automotive paint store should be able to look it up???

Good luck and I will be posting some of my builds soon??

David
Hey David,
thanks for that brown paint thread. never really thought of searching for a brown paint thread on this site, only happened to check out that one stickied paint thread at the top. but that definitly helps with some ideas. hopefully i can find the color i want that ill be happy with by the time i have to paint, lol. saw the Beryllium before, but i think in some lighting it looks too purple/gray-like... i want more of a brown i guess. :P hopefully i can be a little different.